Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Blacktester you should write a raunchy crossover fanfic of this and toxic grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

ilmucche posted:

Blacktester you should write a raunchy crossover fanfic of this and toxic grind.

ilmucche you should help him :colbert:

And also write Splashdown 4 or whatever the next chapter of that is.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
After two main levels in BMX XXX, we head to the first competition level. These levels play out just like the competition levels in Tony Hawk do, where you must take a break from interacting with characters and the level itself to bust some big tricks for the watchful judges. The only thing is, while in Tony Hawk, you rack up the points from huge combos gotten over a wide variety of moves, in BMX XXX you pray you can get something going through the awkward landings, crashes, and awkward mechanics. I don't have any tips for doing this event, just bear with it until you do well enough to pass.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 5 - Rampage Skatepark

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Let's get back to the big levels with the Sheep Hills mall, where man has conquered much of the land that used to be BMX trails. Ride with me as we cause some weird, wanton destruction, bully a bully, and maybe just learn about the birds and the sheep bees.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 6 - Sheep Hills (1/2)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
On part 2 of Sheep Hills, we do some shady business and show a word that's so offensive, you should get banned for even looking at it. But of course, it's all for that sweet sweet reward of 30 seconds of strippers...which may or may not actually show up for me this level. Yep.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 7 - Sheep Hills (2/2)

Text Link

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I wear that word to work sometimes :ohdear:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I will subscribe to Doug Funnie.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

ilmucche posted:

I will subscribe to Doug Funnie.

I will let blanktester know to expect your support.

Now, guys, I gotta ask something, to anyone who may know anything about BMX XXX. I have recorded the rest of the footage. I've recorded the levels. I've even recorded all the gaps, partly in thanks to a guy on youtube with a video guide to all the gap locations. I have done 100% of the challenges on my character, and I have also put in cheats and gone through all the extra stuff the game provides for you.

And I cannot find the park editor.

There is some evidence it could exist. There is a cheat code to unlock the editor, and in the credits, people are credited for models and assets used in the editor. But I can't find it. I have scoured high and low and have tried many things, to the point where the music in the menus actually started to glitch out. But no results. So, as a longshot, if anyone played this game and made a custom map and played it, can you tell me where the hell it is? Cuz if there's all this evidence it exists but has just been cut out of the game or blocked off...then wow. Holy poo poo. A new low.

Speaking of new lows, the Insetsupurae series returns with a boy who is waaaay in over his head in terms of 'motor controls' and 'ability to make jokes', yet he is driven on by the one desire every young faces - the desire to see boobs.

My 7-step Journey to See Boobs (BMX XXX Insetsupurae)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Okay, so after some research, here is the situation with the park editor (I think) - on the Xbox and Gamecube versions (the original, uncensored versions), entering the park editor cheat does unlock a new option on the main menu. However, apparently entering the editor freezes the game. So, for the PS2 version, Z-Axis just removed the editor completely. That sounds insane, and now i may need to buy an Xbox copy to verify this.

But let's real quick get back to the meat and potatoes of BMX XXX - riding around levels, doing weird challenges, and getting dicked over by almost everything. Let's go to a very underrepresented city in this extreme sports genre - Syracuse!

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 8 - Syracuse (1/2)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
The only context I can possibly give for what we're doing in the second part of this level is what we did in the first part of this level. If you ask me to explain, I can't do it.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 9 - Syracuse (2/2)

Text Link

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ovues posted:

The only context I can possibly give for what we're doing in the second part of this level is what we did in the first part of this level. If you ask me to explain, I can't do it.

I love you.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

ilmucche posted:

I love you.

Uhh...XOXO?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Back in BMX XXX, let's get back to our roots at the UGP Roots Jam. That's right, it's another competition level. No gimmicks or weird challenges, just bust some big tricks while fulfilling a whole ton of arbitrary requirements the game scores you on, of which it would take possible hours of play to learn and master in the hopes of ever getting first place. Hah, nah, let's just get bronze and get going, shall we?

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 10 - UGP Roots Jam

Text Link

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Mirra, Mirra on the wall, who does the sickest facegrind of them all?

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Mirra, Mirra on the wall, who does the sickest facegrind of them all?

Now that's a skateboarding trick I'd like to see. Though I can't decide if it means "grinding with your own face" or "grinding on someone's face" or even "grinding while using someone else's face like a skateboard".

And yeah, it's nice when a game is transparent about its mechanics, and when it's not, it's just frustrating because you don't know what you did or how you could have done better. Or maybe you're suppose to exploit how you can keep tricking even after the time limit as long as you don't break your trick combo, so it's possible you're meant to cheese and get half a million points at the end to get gold?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Daigerus posted:

Now that's a skateboarding trick I'd like to see. Though I can't decide if it means "grinding with your own face" or "grinding on someone's face" or even "grinding while using someone else's face like a skateboard".

And yeah, it's nice when a game is transparent about its mechanics, and when it's not, it's just frustrating because you don't know what you did or how you could have done better. Or maybe you're suppose to exploit how you can keep tricking even after the time limit as long as you don't break your trick combo, so it's possible you're meant to cheese and get half a million points at the end to get gold?

That would definitely be grinding on your own face. After all, when you do a handstand, you don't use some other poor sod's hands do you? It's your face, on that rail, and it's worth a ton of points.

I couldn't imagine the gihest combo score you could get in this game. And I'm saying I literally can't imagine it because you will inevitably crash on nothing or get thrown from your bike even though your balance bar is only halfway towards the top/bottom at some point. A BMX XXX master is not the position I will dedicate my time to getting.

Anyways, let's head over to Las Vegas to complete possibly the craziest challenge set seen so far. Yeah we've dealt with some vulgarity and crazy characters, but nothing as weird and downright mean as we'll get in Vegas. Also, if you remember the good old days of 2013 or so, when I had a bunch of people on the couch with me giving some grade A commentary, well be taking a brief visit back to those good old days for the last 2 levels of this game.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 11 - Las Vegas (1/2)

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright! Finally moved to a new state and got everything together. We can finally continue on with BMX XXX, especially if you only check this thread and missed the second part of Las Vegas (which i just...didn't post here). There, we get up to quite an array of incredible, incredulous actions, and then we head over to Launch Pad 69 to probe Uranus and all other types of spacey-sexy humor.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 12: Las Vegas (2/2)

Text Link

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 13: Launch Pad 69 (1/2)

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 14, 2016

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I can't think of many sports games you've played where you've been complicit with murder, especially for such petty reasons, holy crap.

Edit: "Success, you blew up the cargo plane".

Tombot fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 14, 2016

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Tombot posted:

I can't think of many sports games you've played where you've been complicit with murder, especially for such petty reasons, holy crap.

Edit: "Success, you blew up the cargo plane".

In Toxic Grind we fought and killed our way up the ranks, and in Evolution Snowboarding the enemies were all...umm...uhh...against us, but I can't think of any other games where we did nearly as much damage to life and limb.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how that satellite just vaporised that poor guy. At least you didn't purposely target that man so that's only Manslaughter!

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

I like how that satellite just vaporised that poor guy. At least you didn't purposely target that man so that's only Manslaughter!

Yeah, after the events of Las Vegas, it's nice to comfortably fall back into just 'manslaughter'. We got a bit too close to the abyss there.

Speaking of, let's round out our first trip through Launch Pad 69 by getting down with some monkey business and racking up our bill. drat, we're never gonna be able to pay some of this off. Also, yes I messed up and left the text boxes in that I use to alert people that cutscenes are coming up. That project file is on an old laptop by this point so...welp.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 14 - Launch Pad 69 (2/2)

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 18, 2016

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, now that we've shown off each level, it's time to swing back through all of them and complete everything, including the gap challenges. This literally wouldn't have been possible with the help of a youtuber named oscarmanuel144 . His instructive videos show off all the gaps in all the levels, and some of them are absolutely nothing like the guide indicators you can get with a cheat code. So with this, we finish up the gap challenges, we finish up the high scores, and ultimately we finish up the game. Aside from this, there's one bonus video showing a very special feature that was cut from the PS2 version of the game, and I'm not talking about the full frontal nudity...but that's next time.

Let's Play BMX XXX Part 15 - Completing All Challenges

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, guys, this is it. The end of BMX XXX. We tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end...man, BMX XXX was a shitshow. But still, we gotta have one last brown note to end on. In the past, blanktester and I have had fun with some of these games' park editors. And hey, BMX XXX has a cheat to unlock a park editor mode! However, think might not turn out like you'd expect...

Let's Play BMX XXX Bonus: Park Editor Mode

Text Link

Well, once again, thank you for sticking through another terrible game. Now, as I've been mentioning in the videos, I have moved to a new place far away from all my friends and stuff (well okay, one state over, but that's still an expensive plane ticket!) and I'm trying to get settled down in my new job. What does this mean? I don't know when I'll update next. I don't really want to lock this thread, as I'm not definitely 'quitting', but it might go silent for a bit. If this is the end, BMX XXX was definitely a great note to end on. Thank you again, everyone who checked in and kept following, whether you were there at the start or dropped in recently.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm trying to rack my head around what the point of this game even was outside of floating buyer bait. This is probably one of the most shoddily put together games you've played. Some of the things you've played for this thread I have honestly not even heard of, but a few of them looked honesty amazing and it saddens me they could have sold worse than this piece of crap.

All I can honestly say is that we are well past due another extreme sports renaissance, especially with all the great graphics we can churn out now.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 29, 2016

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Ovues posted:

Well, once again, thank you for sticking through another terrible game. Now, as I've been mentioning in the videos, I have moved to a new place far away from all my friends and stuff (well okay, one state over, but that's still an expensive plane ticket!) and I'm trying to get settled down in my new job. What does this mean? I don't know when I'll update next. I don't really want to lock this thread, as I'm not definitely 'quitting', but it might go silent for a bit. If this is the end, BMX XXX was definitely a great note to end on. Thank you again, everyone who checked in and kept following, whether you were there at the start or dropped in recently.

It's a shame, hopefully you get something set up soon because where else am I supposed to get my sick trick fix?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Tombot posted:

I'm trying to rack my head around what the point of this game even was outside of floating buyer bait. This is probably one of the most shoddily put together game you've played. Some of the things you've played for this thread I have honestly even heard of, but a few of them looked honesty amazing and it saddens me they could have sold worse than this piece of crap.

All I can honestly say is that we are well past due another extreme sports renaissance, especially with all the great graphics we can churn out now.

Well, if this stayed as Dave Mirra 3, then there definitely would have been an audience for it. But yeah, then it just got turned into buyer bait as you mentioned. Did Z-Axis get absolutely no budget to fix anything? Or is their B-team just terrible at making games? The world will never know.

That's the thing about hoping for a new renaissance - games cost waaay too much nowadays to really try and bring back an older genre. I guess there are some good-looking 3D attempts few and far between - SSX 2012, Snow, Steep - but a lot of sports games now are iOS or Android biking'skateboarding/whatever games that are basically 'go right, go over these jumps'. Yeah, we want a well-made game, but if the Tony Hawk series couldn't get passionate people behind it, well, what about any other property or even a new one?

Hrvstmn31 posted:

It's a shame, hopefully you get something set up soon because where else am I supposed to get my sick trick fix?

Thanks, man. Hopefully it won't be too long. I have all my gaming stuff, just I don't have nearly as much free time as I did when I was a wee college boy.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 29, 2016

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
So, I started back up, but I thought I'd just leave the thread alone since it was always really quiet and I don't think there are that many people who only catch my videos through this SA thread. However, I thought I should at least give one more message and just let you guys know that I'm still putting up vids, although slower than before.

I started up a game that I had a bit of experience with before, but never played more than just to make a crazy character - which of course I do again, but now I get to show off so much more. Over on youtube, I am playing Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure, a game that can literally be described as "Tony Hawk but with Disney characters", and I say 'literally' because this game is built on the Tony Hawk 4 engine. You have the exact same style of play with all the quality-of-life features Tony Hawk had added up to that point (reverts, skitching, spine transfers, etc) but you get to dive into levels themed off of Lion King, Tarzan, and Toy Story and play as characters from those movies. Every Disney character also has their own unique flips and grabs with their own unique names based off movie quotes or other themes of the character. Either way, I just finished up the Toy Story levels, and so I'm basically a third of the way done with the game.

I'll link you to Episode 1: Intro and Olliewood (1/3), and you can go from there. Again, this message probably is goodbye now. Though 99% of the time it's seen as blatant advertizing rather that a literal statement, in this case, I mean it - subscribe to me on youtube if you want to see more. I probably won't keep updating this thread.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Ovues posted:

I thought I'd just leave the thread alone since it was always really quiet and I don't think there are that many people who only catch my videos through this SA thread.
:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Please lp archive the thread at least. There's a good load of decent videos here

• Locked thread