Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jgrrr
Oct 3, 2007

&
Most of us have ridden a form of public transit and had an experience of some kind ranging from good to gross. Please post your favorite tales here. For your health.

There's a guy at the 125 street stop on the abcd in New York that usually has impeccable timing for his sermons. He stands on the uptown platform and begins anew when the doors open and usually gets out "and god loves you" annunciated perfectly right as the doors close.

There was a man who may have been homeless sat across from me with an opaque bottle of "juice" and released a fine odor of urine. This man was taking swigs from this bottle and ranting about several topics. At one point he says to some lady "I bet your daddy's got money, my parents are dead!" It took all I had to remain composed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
I rarely take public transport. I would rather, and often do, drink drive.

But when I do find myself on a bus or a train, I'm usually shitfaced and just try to enjoy or ignore the other people.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Automatic Retard posted:

I rarely take public transport. I would rather, and often do, drink drive.

But when I do find myself on a bus or a train, I'm usually shitfaced and just try to enjoy or ignore the other people.
PYF Poor Life Decisions.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I took the tram to work every day for 2 years and then broke my leg getting off it one day because of ice on the platform and now I'm going to finally get a car. There you go.

LeviathanGunship
Dec 6, 2004

I'll be honest, I don't entirely understand where this leaves us.

My story is somewhat tame compared to was is probably to come, but is still strange to me non the less. When I was 12, I had this rough looking (possibly homeless) guy sitting next to me at a bus stop ask me if I had cancer. It confused the hell out of me and after saying "No" I promptly ignored him and went back to reading my book. It was only later that day I realized that he read the "Beat Cancer" message on the side of my sunglasses (they were from a Relay for Life event my Mom had volunteered for) and decided that had to know why I was so adamantly against leukemia.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
One time I was on a bus next to a tired-looking, middle-aged man who had a bag from the liquor store. Somehow this neighborhood road ended up getting gridlocked on a weekday evening. After about 10 minutes of the bus not moving, the guy pulled out a bottle of tequila from his bag, opened it, and started drinking straight from the bottle.

I wish I could have joined him :cheers:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Celebrating a friend's birthday downtown, my friends and I headed to the light rail to go home at around midnight. The first time it pulled up, the conductor got out and began telling a passenger to get off. He responded by saying he couldn't, and that he was hurt. We weren't allowed on, and it pulled away to deal with the passenger.

About five minutes later, it came back around, and we were allowed to get on, but the passenger was still there. The police arrived and chatted with him about what was going on. When we looked over there was a large, growing pool of blood at the guys feet. After the cops decided it was okay for him to continue on, they cordoned off his section with bags tied end to end, as a kind of warning tape. This did nothing to stop his bleeding, nor did it so the blood from going up and down the aisle as the light rail moved. One of my friends who is more knowledgeable about such things said because of the amount of blood loss he suffered she'd be surprised if he lived through the night.

Also, because the train was delayed by the future dead man, we missed our next train and had to wait outside for an hour for the one after. It gets a bit cold in January, at 1AM, in Denver.

Hate the light rail.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I live in Chicago, and used to live in Oak Park which is the first suburb west of Chicago. The Green Line goes through Oak Park into the city.

One night while riding into the city, we stopped at a station. I looked out the window, across the other track to the far platform. A man was sort of stand-squatting with his pants around his knees. He reached into his pocket, pulled out some tissue, wiped his rear end and dropped it into the pile he just made. Pulled up his pants and walked away.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

LumpyGumby posted:

Also, because the train was delayed by the future dead man, we missed our next train and had to wait outside for an hour for the one after. It gets a bit cold in January, at 1AM, in Denver.
Hate the light rail.
Sooo at any point, riding the train with a man behind a cordon or trash bags whose blood was slowly slithering its way down the aisle toward you and your friends, did you think to call an ambulance?

Or are you going to say something like "The cops came and didn't do anything" or "the conductor didn't do anything?"

Cuz you should have called 911 and explained to the dispatcher that a bloody perhaps dying man was left there by the cops and that they need to send an ambulance. You know, with EMTs and Paramedics who seal up holes in bleeding people. Ya know, instead of police officers who poke holes in non-bleeding people.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I befriended a little person who rode the same sleepy route I did, one day I let him borrow some video games and then I never saw him again.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I used to take the blue line from work to the medical district. One day I sat down next to what looked like a pile of trash, until two eyes deep down inside the pile opened up and stared at me. Then the garbage person began making GBS threads themselves. I hope I'm that cool when I become a homeless trash monster.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Paper Diamonds posted:

Sooo at any point, riding the train with a man behind a cordon or trash bags whose blood was slowly slithering its way down the aisle toward you and your friends, did you think to call an ambulance?

Or are you going to say something like "The cops came and didn't do anything" or "the conductor didn't do anything?"

Cuz you should have called 911 and explained to the dispatcher that a bloody perhaps dying man was left there by the cops and that they need to send an ambulance. You know, with EMTs and Paramedics who seal up holes in bleeding people. Ya know, instead of police officers who poke holes in non-bleeding people.

You don't understand man.

I was cold.

CrotchDropJeans
Jan 4, 2015
Once I was on a metro in Taipei and I felt a hand slowly, caressingly run up my calf. I looked down and there was a teenage girl sitting on the floor petting my leg. We locked eyes and she murmured "So tall..." in English before getting up and walking to another car.

I'm 5'4".

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

You on a Septa bus riding in the far back through North Philadelphia. In one of the seats in front of his a man nodding so hard that his face almost hits the floor, and when his stop comes he perks up and walks off. The woman sitting adjacent of him tells everyone in the back that the man was trying to lick her toes the entire he was on bus.

More people on drugs riding Septa;

:nws: (Obese woman jiggles around in a short dress with no bra on.) :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCTCrtzQnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l_YuMIpNrk

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
One time I was heading to the door to get off the N Train (that always sounds kinda racist), when I hear someone yell "Dude, look out!" from behind me.

Just a moment too late.

I felt my foot slide in something and I came down hard on the floor, in a puddle of puke.

gently caress NYC forever and ever and ever.

AlistairShepard
Sep 10, 2013
Every Monday morning, a very drunk man gets on my bus near the police station. He gets off several stops later, and it always takes him an eternity to exit the bus. He stumbles up the aisle, and when he gets to the back door he has to stare at the drop down to the sidewalk for a bit before he can parse how far it is. It's only a half of a foot drop, but every time he steps down its a 50/50 shot whether he'll be okay and continue stumble walking his way home, or he'll full impact slam the cement face first. In the second case, the driver just gives a quick "You okay, bud?", before driving off, leaving the man knocked out/asleep on the ground. Every. Monday. Morning.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

One time I was heading to the door to get off the N Train (that always sounds kinda racist), when I hear someone yell "Dude, look out!" from behind me.

Just a moment too late.

I felt my foot slide in something and I came down hard on the floor, in a puddle of puke.

gently caress NYC forever and ever and ever.

If you're not constantly looking for random puddles of vomit then you're riding the subway wrong.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The Mentalizer posted:

If you're not constantly looking for random puddles of vomit then you're riding the subway wrong.

or pissy seats. pissy seats are always fun. did the last person who sat there push the grain of the fabric forward, so that it looks darker, or did a homeless and/or drunk person urinate on this seat? why is this seat available during rush hour? what should I do about this seat? oh god, that jowly guy is going to steal my seat! I need to act fast. ok I'm just charging at that seat! I'm gonna get that seat, big boy! that seat is mine! I've got the seat... aaaaand now I'm sitting in urine, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

mysterious frankie posted:

or pissy seats. pissy seats are always fun. did the last person who sat there push the grain of the fabric forward, so that it looks darker, or did a homeless and/or drunk person urinate on this seat? why is this seat available during rush hour? what should I do about this seat? oh god, that jowly guy is going to steal my seat! I need to act fast. ok I'm just charging at that seat! I'm gonna get that seat, big boy! that seat is mine! I've got the seat... aaaaand now I'm sitting in urine, awesome.

This is also the case with subway cars that have too much room. Usually somebody dropped a deuce on the floor or threw up everywhere or there's so much blood it looks like a slaughterhouse.

• Locked thread