Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I like my steak cooked:
Rare
Medium Rare
Medium
Medium Well
Please ban my rear end
Any temp is fine as long as I get my meat
Meat is murder, OP
View Results

• Locked thread
a cloth map

No thanks. I'm a Government man.
NY strip is a nice cut for rare because of how lean it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormyish

hot, Hot, HOT!

according to USDA guidelines for preparing steak

bacalou

Stormyish posted:

hot, Hot, HOT!

according to USDA guidelines for preparing steak

your new goodie goodie posting gimmick could use some work

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

a cloth map posted:

I love blue steaks but so few steak houses even know what it is. I asked for a blue steak at a steak house in Seattle and they just put blue cheese on it.

wow, Seattle's full of retards

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
It is medium rare for all cuts except tenderloin, which is lean enough to eat rare

om nom nom

I would also eat a tenderloin blue as long as the cook can actually get a proper sear and keep it blue, I won't sacrifice proper sear for rarer meat. I'll get tartar of I want raw unseared beef

bacalou

ordering bacon wrapped steak seems like a good idea but actually isn't if you order rare steaks

Stormyish

crust munch posted:

your new goodie goodie posting gimmick could use some work

it's part of my community service mandated by court

yoober

burgers shouldn't be pink
steaks are ok because the interior hasn't been penetrated but a burger has been exposed to infection through and through and if you get it pink you're asking for loose poops

joke_explainer

yoober posted:

burgers shouldn't be pink
steaks are ok because the interior hasn't been penetrated but a burger has been exposed to infection through and through and if you get it pink you're asking for loose poops

what if you grind it yourself huh?? out of chunks of meat not unlike steak?

yoober

joke_explainer posted:

what if you grind it yourself huh?? out of chunks of meat not unlike steak?

unless you're doing it in a vacuum you've just exposed all parts of the meat to airborn and surface-born bacteria even on your own hardware.

tao of lmao

bacteria is good for you

tao of lmao

i cross contaminate everything so that my immune system is constantly working out

yoober

Vendor Trash posted:

bacteria is good for you

i thought you went to bed dad

tao of lmao

it builds character

yoober

21 day aged steak: a thing
21 day aged ground beef: a biological weapon

yoober

and let me tell you as someone who pulls them out of the cooler: they ain't ground when you order them

yoober

getting a mid rare burg is like being that guy who last week ordered steak tartare to go

joke_explainer

if you grind it immediately before you grill or cook it, it's almost no different dude. You still cut into the steak when you actually eat it, right? Omg, air gets on it then...

morning wood
pls dont ruin my enjoyment of mid rare burgers from schnazzy joints that grind their meats in house

tao of lmao

morning wood posted:

pls dont ruin my enjoyment of mid rare burgers from schnazzy joints that grind their meats in house

you're lucky you're still alive according to the yoob...

joke_explainer

the main threat to foodborne illness is bad stuff getting on the outside of the meat, then getting ground, and sitting there in an anerobic environment to gestate... as long as your meat was recently ground, the whole problem is not so major

one of my fav restaurants in the area has a great slogan on the bottom of the menu: 'the health dept requires us to inform you that aioli is made with raw egg, steaks and burgers are cooked to order, consuming raw or undercooked foods can make you ill staring at the sun can make you blind and walking upright increases your chances of tripping'

tao of lmao

you're never gonna build up a good burger tolerance if you keep avoiding the bacteria

ron color
me
dium rare burger

Grass Effect

ron color posted:

me
dium rare burger

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
M E
D I
U M
R A
R E
B U
R G
E R

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bacalou

how nobody has posted this yet I will never knoq

https://youtu.be/cT0ZhOV6Bl8

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

3 degrees Kelvin

om nom nom

I go medium on burgers but don't send them back no matter how it comes out cause it's a drat burger. And cook them medium for myself and it will be nice and pink, maybe a little red left in the very center.

I will be a mid rare snob for steaks and fish but for burgers either get off your high horse or stop being a pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

whatever temp my stomach is bc i just ate the steak

• Locked thread