Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Ani "Annie" Fisher-Lee
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Burnt Out, Infected

I sit down when directed by Tommy, looking at him curiously. What does he mean, how he jacks in? How would it be any diff-"What are you-! oh..."

I flush with embarrassment, and shake my head. "...sorry."

"I won't tell anyone. I know what its like to have a... secret..."

Promising what she thinks he wants

Once he jacks in, I sit there, looking at his body and thinking. If he has to do this every time he jacks in, and he has a reputation as a diver... he must be doing this a lot... A shiver runs down my spine at this thought, and a I feel a rather sharp pang of sympathy. When his body shifts and starts to tip to the side, I reach out and pull him towards me, so he ends up resting with his head on my shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Eva
Well, that's one problem solved, but it brings up another; you are injured,and badly enough that,if you show up at an infirmary, someone will probably try to call your parents. Where do you go for healing? Does Hiroko know of someplace more...discrete?

Ronnie and Vincent

Vincent, you're pretty sure you heard the sound of phones in camera-mode when you tried to duck into the bathroom; some of the students in the hallway saw you. And worse, some of this blood is yours. How are you going to deal with your wounds? And what will you be wearing to the party tonight? It might be your last chance to repair your social standing.

Ronnie, you can practically feel the Fallen in the back of your head; it feels... replete. How do you feel about making it happy? How do you feel about Vincent?

Annie and Tommy

Tommy, when you dip into the dataflow, Annie's appearance changes. Under normal circumstances it's not apparent, but since you know what she is, you can tell where her guise has holes in it. She's not physically present in the world the way you are; the data doesn't react to her presence naturally, but has to be coaxed into it. Motion sensors have to think about whether or not to sense her motions, cameras hesitate before drawing in her image. It's like something in her or around her is writing itself into the ABYSS from moment to moment, and not doing a great job of it.

You can spot the infection easily; the foreign code hangs unhappily upon her,as if it's scared to touch her. You can pluck it out with nothing more than a mild conscious effort, but it will require... touching her dataflow. Her dead data. Do you do it?

Annie, you're surprised by how badly Tommy's equipment damages him. The other kids aren't entirely unfair in their cruelty when they call him a cripple. Do you look away?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tommy Blackford
Hot 1 | Cold 0 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 2/4 | EXP 3/5 | Conditions: Voyeur,

It's like something out of a bad horror movie. Data like this... it doesn't make sense, really. Like, yeah, it's cool in the vids when old parts of the ABYSS are jumbles of patchwork code fraying at the edges. It's neat for movies, but in real life, you can't just hack parts out of code and still have it make function, much less make sense. But, well, there she is. I... guess she really is a no-poo poo ghost.

Well, it's not like I didn't already know she was kinda spooky, but this is like watching some sort of data zombie. It shouldn't be possible, but it is.

But I shouldn't stay here and gawk. It's... well, yeah it's kinda creepy to watch the data like this, but it's also just rude. I don't like it when people stare at me when I'm diving, after all. And if I do this quickly enough, I might impress her.

So, without further ado, I reach out and snag the infection, crushing it in my hand. There. Simple.

At least until I brush the data swirling around her. It's icy cold, which, again, shouldn't actually be possible. And that's when I notice that almost all the data is almost entirely trails that lead back to different surveillance equipment. Making them see her, since she's not actually there as far as electronic recording devices go. For as big as this cloud is, she barely has anything about her in this cloud. It's all just been overwritten so many times that all that's left is her basic information. Name, age, home address, phone-num... Okay. I'm done being a creeper now.

I jack out, leaving small dots of blood on my arm when the cords come out, and say with a cocky grin, "See, what did I tell ya? Took care of it without a hitch." That's when I notice that I'm leaning on her shoulder. It's... really nice. Reminds me of how my arms would always hurt less when I was with Jen... I nuzzle into her shoulder for a moment and smile a dumb smile for a second before I jerk away eyes wide in realization as I say, "Sorry! I forgot about the burns. I, uh, wasn't thinking. Sorry." I start rubbing my arm nervously and look away from her.

Turn on the burn out: 2d6+2 7

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Ronnie Hactar
Hot -1, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Here goes Vincent with his 'losing my shirt' routine again, I guess. I sit on the sink and watch him start showering off the results of my little prank. drat, he's actually pretty shredded. Guess all that 'good nutrition' and 'structured exercise' that cloudbabies get is good for something after all. No wonder he likes to show it off so much, I'd probably never wear a top if I looked that fine. I'm getting a readout in the corner of my vision - Vincent's pulse and body temp are elevated. Is he getting off on this?

"You need any help there, Vinnie? I could scrub your back, if you like."

Turn on Vincent (He's Frustrated, the power flows through me): 2d6+2 12

Giving Fallen a string, taking one on Vince.

I'm only sort of joking.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Vincent Yohloh II
Hot +2 Cold -1 Volatile +2 Dark -1
Harm 2/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Delicious, Blamed, Frustrated

I don't really wanna think about parties or costumes or all those people taking pictures of me covered in blood like paparazzo right now...cause, well, let's be honest. The costume everybody's going to expect me to bring NOW is some crazy movie serial killer with an axe or a mono-chainsaw and an old-fashioned mask and some crazy bloody thing like that! And I don't want to be known as that!

To think an hour ago all I was thinking of was going out tonight with Annie, dancing like an idiot and having some food and having a great time. And now all this mess...ah...dizzy...maybe I should've just hidden in the nurse's office...hah...costume ideas later. For now I'm just going to stand here and lean against the tiles on the wall and push my shirt down against the blood that's mine--it's ruined anyways--and just let the water take off everything--

"Ronnie...?"

I almost forgot he was in here. He sounds nice...why can't more people be like him, giving a guy a hand instead of taking pictures when he's a big old bloody mess? The cute face doesn't hurt, either...I mean, uh...

"Ah...that'd be nice...didn't know I, er...thanks, Ronnie..." I manage to murmur. "You're a good guy, Ronnie." I think I sound a little zoned out here; how much of this blood is mine again? "Should I, uh, turn off the shower or do you need to, well...erm...do you mind getting wet?"

I think this is healing with erotic subtext? Unless we want to go full out Fade to Black...? I'll let thatbastardken take the first move. Vincent doesn't seem like he'd press it.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Ronnie Hactar
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

That...wasn't the response I was expecting. I was going more for 'cloudbaby gets flustered and I watch him squirm' not...an invitation. Which I probably shouldn't take him up on. But...it's been a weird couple of days, y'know? Lot of adrenaline and emotion.

"I'm...not a good guy, Vinnie. Don't read too much into this. And...leave the water on."

I lose my shirt and jacket. I'm pale and wiry with the marks of a low-level living all over my torso - scars and cheap tattoos, mostly. Vince is going to have few scars of his own after today, by the look of it. I join him in the shower stall and shut the door. Up close the injuries on his back look pretty sore, but not life threatening. He's like half a foot taller than me, which I guess I never noticed because he slouches all the time. I soap his back up and rinse it off, taking way more time than I need to.

Turn on Vincent ( Frustrated): 2d6 11

"Alright, turn around. Let me see your face so I can, uh, check you for concussion."

It's a pretty thin excuse for me to get close enough to kiss him. Maybe he'll buy it, maybe he doesn't care that it's an excuse.

Fade to black if Vincent's up for it. Sexy first aid otherwise.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Vincent Yohloh II
Harm 2/4 | XP 1/5 | Conditions: Delicious, Blamed, Frustrated

"Who says you aren't?" I manage to respond. I still feel like I haven't gotten all of the blood off, even though I've been under the shower-head...how long have I been under the shower-head? "I mean, maybe Brock would, but he's an...ah!"

His touch on my back is rough, but...not the bad kind of rough. It feels...seasoned. Experienced. He definitely looks that way under his shirt, all that slim and taut muscle, like he's fought off mercenaries every day coming to--no, no, don't think about that. Think about Hactar scrubbing me down...it feels so good. "Hah...Ronnie..." I gasp as he scrubs. "You done this...massaging... before? Hah..."

He asks me to turn around, and it takes a bit of squirming since, you know, two people in a stall about the size of those one-person somnotherapy pods is a bit snug. He leans in for a kiss...!

And without thinking I lean in right back.

"Ronnie...!"

Fade to black. Woe on whoever checks the bathroom to see if it's empty during the evacuation! I think this also counts for Spooked, by the way.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 7, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Eva Bai
Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +2
Harm 3/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Drained, Paranoid Android, Plebian

Yes, discretion is high-priority. Should parental figures discover the extent of my current injuries, they will place significant limits on my actions. This is unacceptable. Hiroko also knows the necessity of discretion regarding medical treatment. This is why I am currently following her to a clinic that she recommends. I can not find records of an officially-licensed clinic at the address she is taking me to. However, I will trust in her recommendation for the time being.

I'm not really comfortable putting too many words into Hiroko's mouth at the moment, so I'm going to just leave the heavy lifting to OKShark on this one.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Ani "Annie" Fisher-Lee
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Burnt Out

At first I look away, not wanting to stare at Tommy's 'jacks', but after a moment I look back, confused. Is it rude to stare, or rude to look away? Probably rude either way, but somehow it feels less rude to not avert my eyes, he's doing this for me, the least I can do is accept how he's doing it. So I watch him, sitting there with him leaning on my shoulder. It feels nice.

By the time he finishes, I have a small smile on my face, just sitting there enjoying the moment. Then a shiver runs through me -as the virus is eliminated?- and when I feel him stirring next to me, I quickly force the smile away, feeling guilty for what feels like stealing a bit of someone else's life. Not something I'd ever experienced before. Or expected to. "Thanks-" I break off, flushing as he nuzzles into my shoulder, thrown off by the sudden affectionate gesture. "uh... It's okay. My burns are healed, pretty much. They don't hurt anymore." Following his lead, I pretend like that was the only thing that might have been a problem. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him doing it more.

"Thanks for helping me..." I turn back, giving him the shy smile I hid moments before, "I'm glad I was wrong about you." That is a compliment, right? "Can I... help you at all? Bandage your arms or something?"

Turn on Tommy
2:41:33 AM godfish !r 2d6+1
2:41:34 AM Krysmbot godfish, 8+1 = 9

She's offering to help him with something he wants

Removing the condition Infected

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Ronnie Hactar
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Special Move: Fallen loses a string on Ronnie, gains one on Vincent! For Spooked, Vincent can mark XP.

That was...nice, actually. Awkward shower stall not withstanding. I give Vince one last rinse with the showerhead and disentangle myself.

"Alright, you're all clean. We should get out of here before we're missed."

I gather up my own clothes (self drying, luckily - I'll only be damp for a little while) and check my comm messages. Aww geez, Annie sent me a message ages ago and I left her hanging. I am the worst friend.

ABYSS IM to Annie posted:

hey sorry i didnt get back sooner, had to clean some stuff up.
all good here
you remain a badass bitch, out hacking a pro like that!
see you tonight?

I turn back towards Vince as I slip my shirt back on.

"Do you want to leave together, or separately?"

Rumors are probably flying already, with my luck.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tommy Blackford
Harm 0/4 | EXP 3/5 | Conditions: Voyeur

I offer my arm to Annie, and she goes to work on the new holes in my arms. I have to tear off a few strips of my shirt, to serve as makeshift bandages, but when she's done, my arm feels better than it did before. Just like when Jen would help after our dives...

As I look at the sweet smile of hers, I wonder how was I ever scared of her? She's so pretty and she even wants to help me. And, honestly? I'm tired of being ignored and overlooked by other people. For the longest instant of my life, I look into her eyes, and before I can think better of it, I put my newly bandaged arm around her waist, pulling her in for a kiss.

Giving self and going to fade if Ani's up for it.

And Ani can have a string because she is my new TWU WUV!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Vincent Yohloh II
Harm 0/4 | XP 1+1/5 | Conditions: Delicious, Blamed, Frustrated

"Ronnie...ah...that felt great..."

Special Move: Vincent gets a string on Ronnie for shouting his name.

That was my first time...heck, that was my first time kissing anybody outside my immediate family...ever! If you told my parents I was going to do it in a school bathroom with another boy they'd have a heart attack! Still a little glazed from all the blood I've had to wash off and the...well, you know...I slide into my jacket and pants. My shirt's still a bit wet, so that will just have to wait.

"Eh, you know people. They'll probably say you tied me up against the showerhead and hit me where it felt good or something. Might as well go out together anyway. Then you can look them in the eye and be all 'well, what are you going to do about it?'"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Eva

Hiroko grabs your arm, gently, and hustles you out of the school proper and down a network of side-passages and maintenance ducts that pass for alleys in an arcology. "Don't worry, babe, I've got this." There's a sureness to her steps that tells you that this is familiar territory for her. Several levels down you hit the edge of some bad territory, real gangland stuff, and she cuts sideways along it, skirting back and forth between bad and merely impoverished neighborhoods. The place she finds is exactly and scrupulously halfway between. The sign outside is made of a sheet of plastic fiber-board with a caduceus stenciled on it in metallic paint; the symbol of a ripper-doc. You start to enter but are forced to stand aside by two men carrying stacked, cellophane wrapped parcels, and a third man carrying a large black nylon bag. Only as they pass do you recognize the black bag as an empty body-bag.

Inside is a stocky, short woman of about fifty, wearing a white coat over sweatpants and a t-shirt with a cartoon cat on it, spattered in red droplets. She's got an unfiltered cigarette perched between her lips, and nods at the retreating men. "Sorry about that. Cleaning service." She nods to Hiroko, doesn't ask your name, and says "Rachel." This is apparently all the introduction you get.

The office has one metal slab, currently empty and well scrubbed, and two reclining dentist-style chairs, separated by a privacy screen. The other chair is occupied, but you can't tell by whom. Dr. Rachel plops you down in the other one, pops an AR monocle over one eye, and examines your wounds. Over the course of about half an hour, she tends to your wounds delicately and intimately, but with zero erotic subtext. She also smokes the entire time and ignores any requests to stop. That said, she's fast and thorough.

Remove 2 harm.

Hiroko is negotiating payment with Dr. Rachel when the privacy screen next to you twitches aside. It's one of the two punks that Hiroko roughed up yesterday, getting an ugly cut on his arm stitched up. looks infected. You never actually met him, but Hiroko told you about it. He stares at you with burning eyes, only partly from the fever, and then glances to Hiroko. Then he reaches for his phone.

What do you do?

Ronnie and Vincent

Yeah, that counts for Spooked.

Well, that was bracing! And unexpected. You both get dressed, perhaps a trifle sheepishly, and are getting readyto bounce, when you hear voices coming from outside. One of them is definitely Ning Yanyu's. "I heard someone yelling! They might be trapped in there!" Ever the good samaritan, the future class president is always looking out for student safety.

A grumbling Mr. Centrich, the head of security, pushes open the door. He looks at the two of you. "What the hell are you still doing here?" He takes in your state of hasty dress and still damp hair. "What the hell were you doing?"

Outside the door, Ning, not wanting to face the social embarrassment of peeking in the boys room, but not actually wanting to miss any juicy details, leans her phone around the door and uses it like a periscope to scope you out. "Oh my!" *Click*

Annie and Tommy

One of you helps bandage the other -- really, you just slap on antiseptic self-sealing sterile wound patches -- but it seems to require quite a bit of intimacy. How far does it go?

Tommy -- at least your new love recognizes your existence. That's got to be a positive. Also, now that you actually maybe have a date, are you still going to the party with Erika, or are you blowing her off?

Annie -- Well, that was kind of you helping him. It's good to do something that isn't tinged with death, isn't it? Except now that you look at Tommy, you can see a stain on his hand; the skin looks gray and discolored there. Dead. Tommy doesn't seem to notice it, and he acts as if everything is fine. Do you tell him? What do you think it means?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Ani "Annie" Fisher-Lee

My eyes widen as Tommy pulls me into kiss me, I for a moment I consider pushing him away, but... why? It feels nice, his lips against mine, and having someone want to kiss me feels... better. He cares about me, he helped me, and honestly, he's really hot, so why not? I return the kiss, pushing my lips back against his with a hungry intensity.

---

Afterwards, I adjust my shirt consciously, and give him a nervous smile. Part of me is singing inside, and part of me can't help but shake the feeling that this is all some mean trick to embarrass the tunnelrat. Still... I like being near him... I lean in against Tommy, looking up at his face and speak in a low, hesitant voice, "Tommy... What do you think of me, really?"

My eyes linger on the gray patch of skin on his hand for a moment, then I look away, troubled. Is it dying? From me? But... He can't see it, maybe its some effect of my nerves, or some lingering damage from the virus. I shouldn't say anything yet, see if it gets better, or worse.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tommy Blackford

While just holding her close as we just take some time to relax, I think about tonight. I... don't want to be that guy who ditches his date hours before the party. I mean, yeah, I'm not trying to catch Hiroko's eye anymore, but it should still be fun. And, well, I'd like to help her out, you know. Then, Annie asks how I feel about her. And... well... I can't lie to her right now.

"You're... well, I'd be lying if I said you weren't a little scary. I barely sleep at all last night, you know. But... you're also gentle and sweet. I want to get to know you more and..."

Before I stop myself, I say, "I feel like a monster. I controlled one of those drones that the goon squad brought in, and, well, I used it." I wrap my arms around my knees and say, "I think I'm gonna be sick. I shot someone to death. Do you know what that's like?"

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Eva Bai
Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +2
Harm 1/4 | Exp 1/5 | Conditions: Drained, Paranoid Android, Plebian

The destination Hiroko selected is acceptable. It is unlicensed and breaks multiple regulations; this means that it is both private and secured against corporate security. This is an acceptable trade-off at the current time. Pain has significantly subsided due to this treatment. I am continuing to receive reports of mild damage to the chest and arm. This damage is currently a low priority and has been deemed not worthwhile in mentioning to 'Doctor Rachel' at the current time. Hiroko is currently negotiating payment. I am still recovering from the ongoing aftereffects of the local anesthetics. I will continue to wait-the second patient has awoken. Identified as having previously fought Hiroko. Immediate action is necessary for continued security.

I sit up in my chair and turn to face the second patient. Our eyes lock. He appears to be recovering poorly. He is also begin phone operations. This constitutes a blatant breach of personal security.

"Please, put the phone away. Whatever you are about to do with it will make things... complicated. No one here wants things to become complicated. Understand?"

Let's try to Manipulate this guy, using the threat of things going crazy if he keeps doing stuff with his phone as leverage.
[15:38] <LurksWithWolves> !r 2d6-1
[15:38] <Krysmbot> LurksWithWolves, 11-1 = 10
Well, that's lucky.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Vincent Yohloh II
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Delicious, Blamed, Frustrated

I've barely gotten my jacket back on when I hear the commotion going on outside. Oh no...was I too loud with Ronnie...I was practically screaming his name, wasn't I?! "Uh, Ronnie, maybe find a stall to--"

Too late! They've opened the door and the security guy is glaring at me and--is she taking PICTURES?! Noooo, don't look at me like this! I can practically see all the consequences now--Brock laughing that I enjoy having my fudge packed, Jani hating me even more for leading her on, getting dropped from the school program, having Ning's pictures sent to my parents with ransom demands...it's all too much!

...but I can't just leave Ronnie in the lurch, can I? I shouldn't try and make a runner for it, should I? No, I mustn't run away...I mustn't run away...

I think a partial truth should justify things here, right? I was hurt and bleeding, Ronnie found me and helped get me on my feet. That happened. That's true. That's not the ONLY thing that happened, but, uh...

"Ah...Mr. Centrich! Everything's fine, I just, uh..." I take off my jacket again, giving Me. Centrich a good view of my healing injuries...and Ronnie another peek at my body, probably a lot better looking now that it isn't covered in blood. "...had a bit of a scrape during the evac, sir. Ronnie helped stop the bleeding, but the stuff he had isn't the sting-reducing formula and that's why you heard me yelping and, uh..." I start sliding my windbreaker back on. "It's a little ghoulish, taking pictures of injured people for, uh, personal use, isn't it?" I might have said that a little bit louder than necessary to make sure Ning could hear.

I want to do two separate things here. I want to tell Ning off for taking her smartphone pics (shutting her down) while giving Ronnie another view of Vincent's now much cleaner body (turning him on). Is that okay?
Bad Ning, lucky Ronnie! (+Cold, +Hot): 2d6-1 7 2d6+2 13 Hey, lucky me! Ning gets "Gory Voyeur".

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Ani "Annie" Fisher-Lee

My lips twitch up with just the hint of a smile when he says I was scary, I can't help it, I was trying to be scary, and knowing I did a good job of it is rather satisfying. I give his hand a squeeze, and a full smile now as he continues, I like what he's saying, and flattery can get you a long way with me. I am sweet and gentle, so its about time someone noticed!

But his next words freeze the smile on my face, chilling me down to whatever passes for blood that I have. I want to lie to him, to pretend like I don't, but if he's killed someone, then he'll understand- and maybe I can help him, comfort him like he just helped me. Hesitantly, I open my mouth, "y-yeah... I..."

"I killed... those three girls. Yesterday. They were bullying me, laughing at me, and I just.... it was like when they killed me the first time, I lost it and I killed them..."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tommy Blackford

My eyes go wide as Annie confesses that she killed the girls yesterday. For a moment, I... I don't know what to say. But I saw the video. If it was just like before, they were going to kill her first.

Shaking my head, I absentmindely rub my hand as I say, "No, you shouldn't feel bad. You... you were just defending yourself, right? I saw how it was last time, remember? And they were vaporized, right? So there were electric cables going wild! So, it's not like you really meant to kill them, anyway!"

If I had Excuses are my Armor, I'd so be getting XP right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Eva

The punk stares at you with hatred, but slowly lowers the phone. He looks up at the IV drip puring antibiotics into his other arm. You can tell he's in no shape for a fight. Also, if he starts anything here, his buddies will be banned from this ripper-doc, and maybe all of them. This is neutral territory.

He twitches the curtain closed. You're pretty sure, though, that you'll see him again.

Ronnie and Vincent

Ning gasps, and jumps back. Mr Centrich spins to look at her, but she's already tucking the phone away and, blushing, she turns to run. Mr Centrich turns back. You aren't really sure if he believes you or not, but he definitely doesn't want to get involved in whatever was going on here. Rolling his eyes, he gestures for you to leave.

“It's not safe in here, Mr Yohloh. Gather in your assigned area outside; you know the fire drill. Your parents have already been notified to come pick you up.”

/+++++++++++++++++/

[Scene 3 -- Transition]

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Actually, some of you do have to go home. Those students whose parents love and care about them and can get off work come to pick them up. The rest of the student body filters home however they can once the site has been secured. Reporters are already showing up to cover the scene; corporate attacks are usually conducted in great secrecy, so when they blow up in a public way, it becomes big news. Your phones are already blipping and beeping with news alerts. It looks like the attack is being blamed on an unidentified – the Sabratech tech self-destructed once it became nonfunctional – corporate extraction. A spokesman from Haier -Aegis, the company's security branch, shows up to field comments. He has the wavy steel-gray hair of a politician, or at least what politicians used to look like before everything went Corporate.

Everyone

Class is canceled, and most of you go home. Those with parents have worried parents to contend with, and a lot of awkward questions. You also need to get ready for the big party tonight.

Tommy, Vincent, and Eva

What are your homes like? What is your room like? Who is waiting for you when you get home, and are they mad? How do you explain this strange day's events to them?

Ronnie

You get home to discover two things that the Fallen has left for you. One is a package; it appears to contain some sort of weird rear end Halloween-style costume, and a small, wireless, remote controlled robot, about the size of a large tarantula, or, when folded up, a pack of cigarettes. It's not fancy spy tech, but instead the sort of thing kids play with; Baby's First Drone. It has a label on the box: “Enjoy your gift! From: TAKE THIS WITH YOU TONIGHT.” The Fallen has thoughtfully charged this purchase to your personal bank account.

The other thing it left you is a data packet; it looks like some sort of compiled personnel file on Vincent, drawn from a careful sifting of publically available social media. Do you read it? If so, what does it tell you that you didn't already know? If you choose to read the file, you get a string on Vincent, but the Fallen gets a string on you. Also, what kind of costume did the mad AI pick out for you?

Annie

You don't have a home, not one with a family you can go back to, anyway. Being dead sucks. So, instead, what sort of place do you haunt?

• Locked thread