Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

01011001 posted:

wii u vc, not wii vc

why arent those the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to buy DK64

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy DK64

[thinking about beavers] you should reconsider

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy DK64

Well done.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy DK64

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy DK64

It sucks poo poo

Dec 26, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

why arent those the same thing

i have no idea, but, they arent

i think someone said you can use the wii u pro controller with the wii u one? thats cool if so because it beats the hell out of having to tether some poo poo to a wiimote

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm going to buy DK64

Actually, don't

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ogre battle 64 is cool and i wish we would get another ogre battle with the gameplay of the first two. let us cling together and knights of lodis are cool but i can only think of one other game that plays like snes and 64 and that game ruled too (soul nomad)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i guess matsuno's probably never going to work for square again because of the nervous breakdown writing ffxii but i hope after his kickstarter mobile game's out he sees the light and gets back with some cool studio to make more games

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
ogre battle apparently already has like a billion stories written in the world too, march of the black queen was episode 5 and allegedly matsuno wrote the hell out of every episode

it's just sad that nobody can justify making a game as sick as ogre battle, they always sell like poo poo compared to how hard they are to make. smdh

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

WeeabooJudas posted:

You got bonus points for not using the jetpack.

Also I want to play Snowboard Kids 2 again, that game did NOT get a good sequel.

yo i want to play snowboard kids 2 but drat i am not spending 50 bux on that game. everytime I see it at a used game store, it fetches hella high prices... I did find a copy for 20 bux at a pawn shop and passed it up... biggest regret of my life

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Contra Calculus posted:

Just curious, but why didn't you like Bayonetta?

Cuz the gameplay is nothing special when it's at it's best, like ok the combat system is cool, the enemies are meh, the environments are insanely boring and drab, like the color palette in the game is just so... grey. A lot of the time. And it has awful minigames like the freeway one which killed any desire to keep playing with how insanely lovely it was.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Ragg posted:

Cuz the gameplay is nothing special when it's at it's best, like ok the combat system is cool, the enemies are meh, the environments are insanely boring and drab, like the color palette in the game is just so... grey. A lot of the time. And it has awful minigames like the freeway one which killed any desire to keep playing with how insanely lovely it was.

Fair enough.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

African AIDS cum posted:

Space station silicon valley was a good n64 game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Have they added Hybrid Heaven yet, op, because I want to give the hosed up green men a lesnar-esque German suplex for massive damage

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
BUST A MOVE 64 bitches

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

BUST A MOVE 64 bitches

Which one? '99?

Couldn't get enough of '99 personally.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

f-zero x has that metal song that sounds like the guy is yelling "butthole....sex....buttsex..rooo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWQEy0n6lg

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
goemon's great adventure is one of the best games on the system, 2D with four players if you unlock it. mystical ninja was kind of rough but as an early 3D platformer but had enough personality to make it fun.

too bad konami hates video games and will never release these on VC.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really liked the loving acid music in the extreme g games

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tato posted:

goemon's great adventure is one of the best games on the system, 2D with four players if you unlock it. mystical ninja was kind of rough but as an early 3D platformer but had enough personality to make it fun.

mystical ninja had supremely great music especially that one song that played during the robot battles

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Ostentatious posted:

i still play beetle adventure racing from time to time
Hot LAVA Hoooyah!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

mystical ninja had supremely great music especially that one song that played during the robot battles

DASH DASH DASH

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEE66AMzGNg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

DASH DASH DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvfFIfbEHHI

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tato posted:

GGA is the best N64 game and it has the best music of that generation.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I never played the 2d game, some youtube impact videos indicated that they were cut from the EU/US versions. please tell me this isn't true

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

I never played the 2d game, some youtube impact videos indicated that they were cut from the EU/US versions. please tell me this isn't true

No, there are co-op impact battles in the US version of GGA.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i would like a new goemon game very much

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

i would like a new goemon game very much

konami

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

goemon on the wii u would rule so loving hard

Daikatana Ritsu