Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my brother said that when he dies he wants to be shot out of a cannon. and I was all, "like, your ashes? cuz hunter s thompson already did that." and he answered, "no, my full body in a burlap sack, shout out of a cannon, right into a goddamn wall."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Bo-Pepper posted:

he was less dancing then joyfully stomping about on the graves of dead babies think something similar to christopher robin marching with his drum we went to a baptism so almost the opposite of a child's funeral but he couldn't sit still in a church for an hour so i took him outside to run around and the small church just happened to have a cemetery next to it and how was i supposed to know there would be a whole section of child graves with single years written on each one

that's really sad. like a pet cemetery, but for half-childs.

Bo-Pepper posted:

when you think about it hospitals in general should have a water slide chute leading from their top floor to the nearest cemetery there's no reason death can't be festive fun and convenient
at least you're looking on the bright side!

(also sorry I don't know if it's treif* to write long barely-on-topic posts in someone else's thread in this subforum because it might seem attention grabby. when i thought it up and started writing I thought it was only going to be two paragraphs but it kept getting bigger and i'm sorry for doing that to yer thread, in case this subforum is like that)

*I looked up the word for "not kosher" and it's treif

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

my brother said that when he dies he wants to be shot out of a cannon. and I was all, "like, your ashes? cuz hunter s thompson already did that." and he answered, "no, my full body in a burlap sack, shout out of a cannon, right into a goddamn wall."

my brother wanted to be put in a concrete pit with the skeleton arm sticking out and the gravestone being a word bubble saying "balls yeah"

my response was a take on being "scattered to the winds" - to have my corpse put high up in the air somehow, either by plane or by trebuchet, with explosives put inside my body and detonated at the highest point midair so that my parts would have the widest the distribution area possible. thinking back on it that's trying too hard and would probably ruin a lot of people's moods and I'd rather just have a jazz funeral or some other thing where people are happy and dancing on yr grave instead of all weepy and morose. or the australian aboriginal custom where once you die your name can't be mentioned anymore.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 27, 2015

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
burn me, flush the ashes

Commie NedFlanders

heard some AM radio guys musing about timothy leary the other day and his ashes floating out in space and how he must be happy out there

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Rodatose posted:

my brother wanted to be put in a concrete pit with the skeleton arm sticking out and the gravestone being a word bubble saying "balls yeah"

my response was a take on being "scattered to the winds" - to have my corpse put high up in the air somehow, either by plane or by trebuchet, with explosives put inside my body and detonated at the highest point midair so that my parts would have the widest the distribution area possible. thinking back on it that's trying too hard and would probably ruin a lot of people's moods and I'd rather just have a jazz funeral or some other thing where people are happy and dancing on yr grave instead of all weepy and morose. or the australian aboriginal custom where once you die your name can't be mentioned anymore.

I wouldn't mind being shot into the sun, even though this wold require an enormous amount of deltaV

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

I wouldn't mind being shot into the sun, even though this wold require an enormous amount of deltaV

a discount option is just being shot high enough to leave the atmosphere but not orbit so that you burn up in the atmosphere on reentry. if that's what would happen i'm not sure on the physics

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Rodatose posted:

a discount option is just being shot high enough to leave the atmosphere but not orbit so that you burn up in the atmosphere on reentry. if that's what would happen i'm not sure on the physics

a nice, shallow, parabolic reentry should do the trick

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
If a child hadn't died, we wouldn't have met Casper and watched his adventures

Rodatose

corn, corn, corn

Luvcow posted:

If a child hadn't died, we wouldn't have met Casper and watched his adventures

Don't get me started on spiritual representation in media. The name alone should tell you how f*cked things are. I mean, would you be cool with a movie called Casper the Friendly Mexican? Uhhhm... wow. Ghosts are a clean and industrious people, guys. We don't need your movie about your "one of the good ones," Mr. Hollywood

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why the long face

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread