Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoTreble
Apr 18, 2015
Hi

This is mostly a question for the tech savvy audio guys who know about sound systems, etc.

So, i have a nice PA speaker system from a company know as LD Systems, its called the Dave 15 G 3.

Here is a link to the system on the LD systems website if you want to review the spec's/learn more about it: http://www.ld-systems.com/en/series/dave-g3-series/dave-15-g3-compact-15-inch-active-pa-system/?force_sid=l4mvetgadllkrvku51dlq8e5t1

so the system is great. as my first PA system im very happy with it. the subwoofer literally shakes the walls. The two top speakers i would like to upgrade from 8"s to 12"s to really get more of that mid range THUMP into the sound.

but i'm not sure if i am able to replace the 8" tops with say some JBL 12" speakers?

the query is mostly related around is this system capable of replacing the top speakers but still running them through the subwoofer itself?

I am not sure of the specifics 100% as to what active/passive/powered speakers represent and the significance fo them for upgrades.

I am pretty sure that the subwoofer unit has its own amplifier built into it, and that powers the top speakers from there. So a concern that arises out of that is, if i were to upgrade to some large more power hungry 12" JBL tops, that they may not get powered as much as they require to really get the best out of them?

i hope that made sense?

Please tell me about any options i have in upgrading my speaker system!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Try here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444077

• Locked thread