Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

Off What Now?
You're going to need some coffee and sun-glasses.

Off Peak is a Music Game. A Video Song. A virtual curation for art and neo-jazz. An excuse to listen to tunes that vaguely looks like a first-person adventure game.

Brookland, NY, like three-ish years ago: Enter a trio of musicians, each pulling double duty, calling themselves Archie Pelago. Hirshi (Trumpet, turntables), Cosmo D(Cello, Ableton), and Kroba (Saxophone, Ableton). Specifically, it was Cosmo D that put together a game for one of their songs, Saturn V. Some how, that lead to an album that never happened being turned into a Game, Off-Peak.

The Game happened first. Only less than a week ago did Archie Pelago put out the music.

Later it get's tossed around the LP sub-sphere as a kind of curiosity. It's mentioned by Kotaku, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, and a couple of others only in passing. Saw Vinny from VineSauce play it once.

It's free, By the By, if you want to play along. -->Linky<--

So, what's the plan, Beatnik?
Well, I play the game, but I kind of just want to show you guys the music. I keep returning to the game over and over, looking at stuff and listening. Off-Peak is like that. Very chill.

So, risking strikes against my Youtube HQ, I figured we'd go on a tour, you and I.

It'll go by quick. This isn't a long game.

In the mean time, I recommend linking out to your favorite Jazz and chill tunes.

I'm no expert in music, but trust me on the coffee and glasses.

Rifts

Grimwit fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, a grimwit LP.

And jazz? Well!

How about some Miles Davis?
So what: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXk1LBvIqU
'Round Midnight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys9wiGNDCvA

Perfect.

EDIT: Should be obvious, but "Cyrk" from all those circus posters... means "Circus". In Polish.

No Gravitas fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 29, 2015

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Listening to Miles Davis when I'm drawing makes me feel like James Bond. The Conery Bond.
Don't know why.

No Gravitas posted:

EDIT: Should be obvious, but "Cyrk" from all those circus posters... means "Circus". In Polish.

When I first played, I thought Cyrk was the artist.
Given how important the Circus is to the game, that makes sense.

Meanwhile...

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
This game is very chill, and I am digging that. There may not be much in the way of mechanics, but it's definitely giving off some good sensory vibes, and the flow really gives it a distinct feel. Also, that music is awesome.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grimwit posted:

Meanwhile...

Oh dear. I know this is related to an LP from forever ago, but... When you started eating a ton of cookies my eyes shot to the upper left corner to see how much piss you get from them. So sorry. :negative:

Also, amusingly enough someone commented on the video that it reminds them of the movie "Kontroll". Great movie, but I have no idea how it could even a bit remind...

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

No Gravitas posted:

Oh dear. I know this is related to an LP from forever ago, but... When you started eating a ton of cookies my eyes shot to the upper left corner to see how much piss you get from them. So sorry. :negative:

I hope no one forgets Crypt Worlds.

You get 2 Crumb(s), 1 Bone(s), and 5 piss!

Opiomorphone
Nov 30, 2014
Honestly I really love the idea of a video game music video. Ever since seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Californication music video back in the day. I hoped I could find a game like that music video, honestly I don't even really like the song, (it is one of RHCP's weakest songs in my opinion) but the idea just seems so cool.

The Crypt Worlds' LP that Grimwit did before. It is really good, and if you haven't seen it you should. It may seem a bit awkward at first but stick with it.

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Last of Off Peak, but not of Archie Pellago.

One more video to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That was sure something.

Thanks for playing this funny little thing!

• Locked thread