Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
I've been reading a lot about this thing they call "Cultural Appropriation."

seems really weird, like it's saying "I'm liberal but i don't want the races to mix."

Can someone please explain this to me?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Morkies posted:

seems really weird, like it's saying "I'm liberal but i don't want the races to mix."

the explanation is that you have genetic damage from fetal exposure to alcohol, in the womb OP

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Morkies posted:

That's pretty much exactly it, which is why people appear so stupid when trying to explain it.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=203806

this is cultural appropriation

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
whoah what kind of autist freaks out and beats a bird to death

hosed up if true

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Definitely a normal person who isn't repugnant and sad irl

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
"When I was a kid I saw a bird repeatedly running into a glass window in my dad's garage. I picked up a baseball bat to try and nudge it outside to freedom, but I think I broke it's wing or something and it was just flailing around. I didn't want anyone to know what I'd done so I took the bat and just beat it and beat it until it was an indistinguishable smear in the gravel.

A lot of people have been giving me poo poo for this, however I think it's a pretty normal thing for a kid to do. When you're that age your brain hasn't developed enough to really make smart or moral decisions. However it seems like everyone who sees this post is revolted instantly and totally. Thoughts?"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Effectronica posted:

"When I was a kid I saw a bird repeatedly running into a glass window in my dad's garage. I picked up a baseball bat to try and nudge it outside to freedom, but I think I broke it's wing or something and it was just flailing around. I didn't want anyone to know what I'd done so I took the bat and just beat it and beat it until it was an indistinguishable smear in the gravel.

A lot of people have been giving me poo poo for this, however I think it's a pretty normal thing for a kid to do. When you're that age your brain hasn't developed enough to really make smart or moral decisions. However it seems like everyone who sees this post is revolted instantly and totally. Thoughts?"

:stare:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Effectronica posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

that guy's hosed up, I'm glad he's banned.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
I've been meditating on this, and it seems to have benefits and drawbacks.

On the one hand, it has the nice effect of diluting and pacifying ethnic cultures, making them much less pernicious to the host society.

On the other hand, I don't like to see white western culture polluted by this sort of thing.

It seems like there are two sides to the issue.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'd say non-latino white people are pretty annoying during Cinco de Mayo.

• Locked thread