Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momonari kun
Apr 6, 2002
Yes, you needed video.

Bugblatter posted:

There are a lot of really huge palace sets out in the countryside that serve as tourist theme parks in between shoots and that’s where most filming takes place.

Yeah, I shot a couple days on a TV drama out in Namyangju and it was pretty extensive what they had out there for filming. I was the focus puller on D camera and it was the easiest shoot ever. Optimo zoom on the Alexa, set focus for the clearing in the trees, sit around for like five hours, get a frantic message on the walkie that they are rolling, and then like 500 extras march by all of a sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I just saw Korea requires their own stupid K-ETA thing. Is everyone going to require this poo poo now? It's basically a visa that's only a bit less anoying to get :(

Only a bit? You fill out a web form and get it emailed back in five minutes. At least, that's been my relatives' experience.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Noticed the OP here is pretty old. Anyone who's up to date on Korea travel stuff want to volunteer to do a new one? I don't think I've kept up enough to do it myself.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I could probably go through and update most of it next week when I’ll have some downtime. The teaching and visa stuff needs redone and the tourism info could def be better. I think the only part I’ll be clueless about is the clubbing scene. (I’m too old.)

Should it be a new megathread or just edits to this one?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Rad. New thread is best, going to try to restart some of the older ones with new info.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054344

New thread. I'm gonna refine it more over the coming week, but the essentials are there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bugblatter posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4054344

New thread. I'm gonna refine it more over the coming week, but the essentials are there.

:patriot: Thank you for your service.