Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
I've got a 2002 Volvo s60 AWD and this piece of poo poo is a great car I really love it but there isn't a goddamn month of my life in the past 5 years where I haven't had some electrical problem.

As of right now the fans and blowers will not loving shut off. I can have the keys in the ignition, the keys out of the ignition, and it still wont shut off. The afterblow feature is supposed to go for maybe half an hour but this seriously just will not turn off. Can I disable all the blowers on this piece of poo poo without taking it to the one authorized volvo mechanic within 300 miles?

I thought it was weird that my brand new battery was dying constantly on me, but it turns out this car just randomly turns on bits of its electrical system while I'm away from it like some hosed up Swedish Herby and I am not about to live the rest of my life as it's Jim Douglas bitch.

Rodnik fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
You can pull the fuse for that feature (or for the blowers themselves, if they're separate), I would think.

Alternatively, are you sure it's the afterblow feature and not just a failed resistor pack?

Google shows it to be a common issue

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
I pulled that fuse right the gently caress out like a bad tooth. Who need Air conditioning in summer? Not real men i'll tell you that.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Rodnik posted:

and this piece of poo poo is a great car I really love it

some hosed up Swedish Herby and I am not about to live the rest of my life as it's Jim Douglas bitch.

Rodnik posted:

Who need Air conditioning in summer? Not real men i'll tell you that.

You are my new favorite poster.

I can't help with your car issue, but I just wanted to tell you that.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Well the whole reason I even needed this issue fixed really quick was because I had a job prospect today but when I called the guy I was ostensibly going to work for he informed me that I was:

A. Going to need to drive him to the job sites because his drivers license was suspended, and that:
B. I could meet him outside of Ropers Saloon which is the seediest bar in Superior Wisconsin.

It sounded like the intro quest to a grand theft auto game, not something that would see me gainfully employed. I may be unemployed but I don't think driving drunks around Wisconsin at 4pm is a great life choice.

Thanks for all the help!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Rodnik posted:

B. I could meet him outside of Ropers Saloon which is the seediest bar in Superior Wisconsin.

Are you implying there are bars in Superior where you don't feel like you are going to be stabbed by a large, sweaty, unemployed stevedore who is working on his 7th DUI?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Replace the motherfucking transistor block that controls that puny little oval office of a blower and your motherfucking life will be oh so loving better.

Edit: Afterblow is supposed to only blow for a few minutes at most.

Most people call it a "resistor" its in the passenger footwell.

If you can't select a slower fan speed other than what its running at, and if it continues to run no matter loving what, bobs your uncle.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 30, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Rodnik posted:

A. Going to need to drive him to the job sites because his drivers license was suspended, and that:

:psyduck:

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

Replace the motherfucking transistor block that controls that puny little oval office of a blower and your motherfucking life will be oh so loving better.

Edit: Afterblow is supposed to only blow for a few minutes at most.

Most people call it a "resistor" its in the passenger footwell.

If you can't select a slower fan speed other than what its running at, and if it continues to run no matter loving what, bobs your uncle.

I'm going to check this out tomorrow, thanks!

Gorson posted:

Are you implying there are bars in Superior where you don't feel like you are going to be stabbed by a large, sweaty, unemployed stevedore who is working on his 7th DUI?

Pretty sure it's required by law that you get a tetanus shot anytime you visit superior.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

BoostCreep posted:

You are my new favorite poster.

I can't help with your car issue, but I just wanted to tell you that.

Came here to post this. i can't help with your problem but I hope you stick around.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

Came here to post this. i can't help with your problem but I hope you stick around.

Look at the reg date you scrub!

Edit: You didn't deserve to be called a scrub I'm just salty today. If I knew more about cars I'd post here more but I don't think you guys need a regular poster who insists that the Pontiac Gran Prix circa 1999 was the greatest car America ever produced.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO6U_KawAdg

This video is not indicative of the handling that took place on I-35 during Christmas of 2009 when I flipped mine going 50 miles per hour into a merciful snowbank.

Rodnik fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 30, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It would hardly be the most controversial Car Opinion ever posted here.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Rodnik posted:

I'm going to check this out tomorrow, thanks!

Pretty sure it's required by law that you get a tetanus shot anytime you visit superior.

I hear you can get an afterblow pretty much any time of the day or night in Ropers Saloon. Third stall from the left.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Rodnik posted:

Edit: You didn't deserve to be called a scrub I'm just salty today. If I knew more about cars I'd post here more but I don't think you guys need a regular poster who insists that the Pontiac Gran Prix circa 1999 was the greatest car America ever produced.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO6U_KawAdg

This video is not indicative of the handling that took place on I-35 during Christmas of 2009 when I flipped mine going 50 miles per hour into a merciful snowbank.

You're plenty welcome here. There are a lot worse posters here. Very many zero content idiots. With your post I got to see a cool old commercial.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rodnik posted:

:shrug: I thought they were alright, anything with the 3.8 was, really. Big, comfortable, plasticky buttons but lots of them, etc...

My SIL just got rid of her 2000 Bonneville SSEi (which my father bought new and she bought from him) and I'll say, that was a sweet car. I don't care who calls me stupid.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Rodnik posted:

We have a few guys who rave about their Saturn Ions. You'll be fine :v:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

CornHolio posted:

:shrug: I thought they were alright, anything with the 3.8 was, really. Big, comfortable, plasticky buttons but lots of them, etc...

My SIL just got rid of her 2000 Bonneville SSEi (which my father bought new and she bought from him) and I'll say, that was a sweet car. I don't care who calls me stupid.

My mom had a 2003. Loved that supercharged torque steer.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

T1g4h posted:

We have a few guys who rave about their Saturn Ions. You'll be fine :v:

To be fair, the Ecotec + Getrag F23 combo is pretty durable.

I never said it was a great car, it just happens to be reliable. It's not great at anything except getting you point A to B, it's pretty terrible at several things, but outside of maintenance, it's only needed a sway bar end link and a harness pigtail.

I'd love to get the LSJ out of TT's or SAC's car and drop it into mine though, since neither the IRL or the Cobalt SS usually came factory with a sunroof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
as long as the air vents do this on the poncho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGdmoEWabg4

• Locked thread