Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

n/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
any1 want to rimworld me??

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
anyone want to participate in a round of rimming??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

anyone want to participate in a round of rimming??
A round rimming tournament.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was really good but they added a bunch of stupid horseshit like temperature management and I havent played it for 8 months so it must have not been that great really

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

It was really good but they added a bunch of stupid horseshit like temperature management and I havent played it for 8 months so it must have not been that great really

So it really is Dwarf Fortress in space then

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The Dark Souls of Dwarf Fortresses in space.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Givin posted:

The Dark Souls of Dwarf Fortresses in space.

What does that make Spacebase DF-9?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

What does that make Spacebase DF-9?

The Jewish Trash of Dark Souls-like Base Simulation games.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Larry Parrish posted:

Temperature is actually cool and good, and so is the joy system. Just think about your colonists coming home from a hard day in the cold mines to spend some time unwinding with a good fap.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crimson Harvest posted:

Temperature is actually cool and good, and so is the joy system. Just think about your colonists coming home from a hard day in the cold mines to spend some time unwinding with a good fap.

You're loving stupid dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Normal guy who enjoys games: After a relaxing tactical battle in the future colonial space apocalypse, I prefer to spend 30 minutes tinkering the airflow of my horrific wooden shack drenched in blood and mud halfway dug into a cave.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

You must have a really complicated base with super extreme temperatures then. Sorry about your struggles in the frontier of space colonization.

EDIT: I put a pic of my base just before blasting off in my spaceship here, notice my exquisite ventilation solution for my colonists.

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 1, 2015

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
more like rimJOB bahahahahahahaha

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crimson Harvest posted:

You must have a really complicated base with super extreme temperatures then. Sorry about your struggles in the frontier of space colonization.

EDIT: I put a pic of my base just before blasting off in my spaceship here, notice my exquisite ventilation solution for my colonists.

im just saying it was better back when u didnt have to worry about gay poo poo like that.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Rimworld is cool because you can capture people and harvest their organs.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

It really helps to have a doctor with the 'sociopath' or 'psychopath' (idk which it is) that makes him not give a poo poo about people. So he doesn't get any negative thoughts for organ harvesting, or selling live prisoners to slavers.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is it early access if so no thanks

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Its not on steam but yes, it's 'alpha' in the same sense that Dwarf Fortress is alpha. However, it makes progress about 1000000000x faster than DF.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how retards always compare games to Dwarf Fortress like that's a good thing.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I love how retards always compare games to Dwarf Fortress like that's a good thing.

I'm not sure how you're assigning a value judgement to my statement. What other perpetual-alpha game should I have compared it to?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Larry Parrish posted:

It was a good thing 5+ years ago

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey check it out guys this game will NEVER be finished and the dev wastes time on gay poo poo! Buy now!

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Dwarf Fortress is free

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

memy posted:

Dwarf Fortress is free

Yeah its free... FreEkinG gay!!

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Hey check it out guys this game will NEVER be finished and the dev wastes time on gay poo poo! Buy now!

Nice. Let me know when you get a video game in the MoMA.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I tried dwarf fortress, and this game blows it out of the water honestly. Kinda wish that sandbags did more to protect your guys though, haha.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DICKHEAD posted:

Nice. Let me know when you get a video game in the MoMA.

Most of the MOMA game displays suck because the controllers are busted due to heavy traffic in the museum. I still was able to impress some homely European tourist mature babes who weren't speaking English when my friend and I tried to race through Portal.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

drilldo squirt posted:

I tried dwarf fortress, and this game blows it out of the water honestly. Kinda wish that sandbags did more to protect your guys though, haha.

the trick to using sandbags is to pepper it with walls so your guys can use them for full cover and then still have half cover from the sandbags when they pop out to shoot

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

In alpha 10 you also can use a half-wall thing (it's in the security page, made of bricks) instead of sandbags. They're impassable but I don't know if they provide any different amount of cover.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm not sure how you're assigning a value judgement to my statement. What other perpetual-alpha game should I have compared it to?

Deez

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol. THis dude loves retards.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Stink fag posted:

Lol. THis dude loves retards.

He did say it. It checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Normal guy who enjoys games: After a relaxing tactical battle in the future colonial space apocalypse, I prefer to spend 30 minutes tinkering the airflow of my horrific wooden shack drenched in blood and mud halfway dug into a cave.

A normal guy who enjoys games would probably say something more like this: Hello, I love assassins creed and mass effect.

• Locked thread