Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
I have a site which draws almost all it's traffic from Brazil but am having trouble monetizing it. I had an advertiser I was sending the traffic to but they've gotten rid of their Portuguese landing page. I've tried sending to English and Spanish landing pages with no luck, so I was considering having an eBook written (in Portuguese) that I would try and sell directly.

My question is, what kind of payment processors would be open to someone living in the U.S. that are widely used by Brazilians? Is PayPal an option here? They seem to be available, but how many people there are familiar with and trust their system? If not PayPal, is there a similar system that would be open to non-Brazilians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Pierce and Pierce posted:

I have a site which draws almost all it's traffic from Brazil but am having trouble monetizing it. I had an advertiser I was sending the traffic to but they've gotten rid of their Portuguese landing page. I've tried sending to English and Spanish landing pages with no luck, so I was considering having an eBook written (in Portuguese) that I would try and sell directly.

My question is, what kind of payment processors would be open to someone living in the U.S. that are widely used by Brazilians? Is PayPal an option here? They seem to be available, but how many people there are familiar with and trust their system? If not PayPal, is there a similar system that would be open to non-Brazilians?

Do you speak Portuguese or know someone who does? I think you'd get much better information if you posted this on a Portuguese forum for Brazilian ecommerce stuff. If you don't speak it yourself find someone on fiverr or something and get them to find a site and post there for you.

Getting a list of the pro's/con's from people who actually deal with Brazilian ecommerce will be much better than whatever "my cousin lives in South America and this is what he told me" bullshit you're gonna find here.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Pierce and Pierce posted:

I think PayPal should work fine. I sold some things on ebay to a guy in Brazil and he paid via Paypal and had a confirmed address and all.

• Locked thread