Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swizzbutt

Pro Target posted:

its technologically innovative but doesnt offer much new in the way of gameplay

Carmack has said that from his experience with the engine at the time, it was held together with tape and bubblegum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zidane13

by Smythe

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 9, 2015

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tao of lmao

Castles 2: Siege & Conquest

Swizzbutt

I don't have enough ram to read this thread any more

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I still wish I could play some Bad Fur Day multiplayer with my bros again :sigh:

beach was fun as hell

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Swizzbutt

Damp Star Baby posted:

I still wish I could play some Bad Fur Day multiplayer with my bros again :sigh:

beach was fun as hell

hell yeah I love the two towers map too, lots of open space to duke it out with swords, snipers, and the turret guns are amazing

did you ever play the remake multiplayer? it was ahead of its time imo

Damp Star Baby

Swizzbutt posted:

hell yeah I love the two towers map too, lots of open space to duke it out with swords, snipers, and the turret guns are amazing

did you ever play the remake multiplayer? it was ahead of its time imo

Jesus I never knew this existed. Most defs checking this out

http://www.moddb.com/games/bad-fur-day-remake

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

Swizzbutt

Damp Star Baby posted:

Jesus I never knew this existed. Most defs checking this out

http://www.moddb.com/games/bad-fur-day-remake

holy poo poo I didn't know this existed, I meant conker: live and reloaded for the original Xbox

now I'm checking this out too

Damp Star Baby

it's been in Alpha for over three years I doubt it'll be any good but hopefully there's a populated server

Scaly Haylie

yes, i'm glad you all agree.

kirby's dream course is the best multiplayer game on snes, and we all know it. but really, there's one glaring problem with it - there's just four courses. it's a shame, because it means that heated sessions of glorious kirby golf come to an all too sudden end after every hole has been exhausted (lol). and we hang up our controllers and we say what a good game it was and we commiserate over the fact that there has never been a sequel, and never will be. we have had our fun but there is now frustration and want, because dammit there is no more kirby golf.

but get this, ladies and gents: there's a level editor for it. if we try, we can turn our love for kirby golf...into MORE kirby golf, to share, to experience anew.

let's maintain kirby golf indefinitely, byob.

Swizzbutt

Damp Star Baby posted:

it's been in Alpha for over three years I doubt it'll be any good but hopefully there's a populated server

drat, really good idea but it's definitely very alpha and no one's playing it. I tried it out for a few minutes and it actually plays decently, along with some solid gold nostalgia

Carthag Tuek

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

op when you said old games i thought you meant old games but all those are from like 95 or later

cmon be older dude

Scaly Haylie

make the kirby golf, guys.

i am he

i flunked out posted:

i still break out the gamecube to play Blitz 2002 with my friends

hell yeah

i am he

all the street games too

the unabonger

i am he posted:

all the street games too

oh hell yeah

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
that GoldenEye mod for source looked cool but I think one of the devs died

Pro Target

goldeneye was a bad game

Pro Target

its only well-liked because it came out at a time where Console Idiots had never played an fps game before and look where the genre is today because of it

bacalou

perfect dark was much better and even that wasn't great

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

goldeneye was a bad game

let's never fight again pro target

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

rogue squadron was cool and the coop made up for the maps where you were on foot

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

weed cat

I will stand by GoldenEye as pretty fun except that it ran at like 8 frames/sec which should never have been acceptable

Pro Target

youd be hard pressed to find a game that had a worse influence on the modenr fps than goldeneye, except maybe half-life and opposing force (which are actually great games but set some really terrible precedents)

Damp Star Baby

exploding barrels and in-game storytelling are some of my least favorite things from half-life

Damp Star Baby

you should only ever use cut-scenes to elaborate the plot of a game imho

Pro Target

it was also the first game that had you waiting for NPCs to open doors for you.

Pro Target

anyways, my point wasnt that half-life was a bad game (but youre a loving idiot and cant read), it was that later games took the worst parts of half-life and incorporated them, and then you end up with games like daikatana and call of duty

weed cat

I miss health packs

Medal of Honor Allied Assault did a lot of scripted filler before Call of Duty. I liked multiplayer in CoD 1 and even 2 but then got bored

Damp Star Baby

when did I ever say half-life was a bad game you fuckface

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes

Rond posted:

add unreal tournament to your list pls

poverty goat

some excellent retrogaming wishlist-till-steamsale material was released recently http://store.steampowered.com/sub/61948/

loving raptor: call of the shadows on steam :getin:

Pro Target

please dont play raptor call of shadows. dont support euroshmups

Scaly Haylie

Damp Star Baby posted:

exploding barrels and in-game storytelling are some of my least favorite things from half-life

exploding barrels are from doom, you fool!

darthzeta88

by Pragmatica

Swizzbutt posted:

Carmack has said that from his experience with the engine at the time, it was held together with tape and bubblegum

Is that the reason Duke does not have any gum ?

SamEyeAm

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I like to play E.T. on Atari

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
yeah i love nostalgiac games

i remember in high school i stayed up all night playing gta4 because I had no friends

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthzeta88

by Pragmatica
[quote="Ein cooler Typ" post="445237905"]
yeah i love nostalgiac games

i remember in high school i stayed up all night playing gta4 because I had no friends
[/quote]

Lol at people who went to high school.

• Locked thread