Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Problem description: When I attempt to start certain games they will crash immediately (as in, the second I launch them) with no error message or indication of what caused the crash. Games that won't launch: Outlast, Sims 3, Life is strange, Divinity 2.

Attempted fixes: Updated my graphics card drivers directly from lenovo's website, updated all OTHER drivers from lenovo's website, complete uninstall / reinstall of each game (sometimes multiple times), starting the games with different resolution configurations in the .ini files, reinstalling directx drivers, reinstalling U3 drivers (for outlast), restarting after each of these steps. The problem has also persisted across a complete system reformat and a new hard drive.

Recent changes: New hard drive and system reformat, but I was having the problem before that. Previously I also had a failing graphics card swapped out. I would think it was the graphics card again except that I'm not having any kind of graphical glitches or crashes when performance gets high, a few games just flat out won't start and everything else works fine.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

System specs: Lenovo y410p laptop, model #20216. Current hardware:

Processor:
Intel Core i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Display/Resolution
14.0" HD+ Glossy LED Backlit with integrated camera (1600x900)

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Memory
8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

--

Has anyone had a graphics card fail without showing any kind of graphical glitches or performance problems? I'm not having any of the typical signs of a graphics card failure like wrong textures or mid game crashes, but I have no idea what else it could be.

edit: location is USA and I was unable to find people with the same problem on Google.

Stexils fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try running http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ and then installing the latest video drivers from Nvidia.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Got it in one, nice. Thanks for the help!

• Locked thread