Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm in london and my flight got delayed allowing me to get a nice leisurely lunch cooked by someone else, probably a southern or eastern european.

any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i'm in london and my flight got delayed allowing me to get a nice leisurely lunch cooked by someone else, probably a southern or eastern european.

any suggestions?

this is the cooking thread, not the eating thread. please don't derail

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URCICk3_63s

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my multimeter has a lazer thermometer on it that i use to tell if my food is done

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Beast of Bourbon posted:

any suggestions?

get something greek

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

computer parts posted:

get something greek

starring jonah hill + katy perry's ex

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

kwinkles posted:

my multimeter has a lazer thermometer on it that i use to tell if my food is done

my multimeter doesn't have a thermometer on it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
considering converting this into the Multimeter thread. Thoughts?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I like multimeters and bought a controversial one some time back!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
This is now the multimeter thread. Posting about food, cooking, or the refocusing of this thread will result in probation. There will be no further warnings. Bless

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

chekc out these hot probes

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this multimeter likes to play dirty

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

duTrieux. posted:

NWS that poo poo. Jesus Christ.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

why would someone eat curry and then poo poo on a multimeter

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh no, i've created a paradox!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a yellow-case Amprobe 1280 followed me home one day from the computer shop about six years ago and it is my main squeeze

I want more bench meters and stuff but for now this is my bae

i am not lying when i say that i have literally left this loving thing out in the yard for a month, oepned it up, hosed it off, doused it with 91% iso, set it in the sun and put new batteries in and it fired right up

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

This is now the multimeter thread. Posting about food, cooking, or the refocusing of this thread will result in probation. There will be no further warnings. Bless

hell yeah post you're multimeters

mine was manufactured during the year i was born

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

just a quick little photoshop job here, wouldn't that be cool?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I am v happy with my Klein mm200 but would like to get a true RMS meter sometime even though I will probably never need true rms

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have one of those lovely harbor freight multimeters that uses the battery as a voltage reference, op

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have one of those lovely harbor freight multimeters that uses the battery as a voltage reference, op

wait, what?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

a yellow-case Amprobe 1280 followed me home one day from the computer shop about six years ago and it is my main squeeze

I want more bench meters and stuff but for now this is my bae

i am not lying when i say that i have literally left this loving thing out in the yard for a month, oepned it up, hosed it off, doused it with 91% iso, set it in the sun and put new batteries in and it fired right up

that is badass, also why did this happen in the first place

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Sniep posted:

wait, what?

Well it's something like that. The voltages it reads go up until you replace the battery.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
the red one?

i think i posted a pic of that meter a month or two ago when i used alligator clips to get power into it because I was out of 9v batteries

two of the pcbs in it are held together with solder jumpers

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have one of those lovely harbor freight <...>

Redundant

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

some of the poo poo just can't be avoided though

there is no cheaper place you can get 4 carpeted 1x4s bolted together to 4" caster wheels

like, if you need THAT then it's cheaper by 2/3rds to just get the junk version from harbor freight with pine and self-driving screws vs. the plastic rubbermaid version at home depot unless you're literaly relying on it for tons of capacity daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNksWHJ2rZE

• Locked thread