Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear Snout
Dec 17, 2006
Loving bears one at a time.
Hello Goons - This is indeed a fruity post, at least one about fruity beverages.

My wedding is coming up soon and I want to serve some signature cocktails, along with beer, wine, champagne, and more liquor.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Patron Citronge with Sprite, lemon juice (and sliced lemons), and grenadine rose syrup over ice. Sounds so yummy!

Does that sound good? How much proportion wise should I add for a 1 gallon jug?

Thank you!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no need to ruin a good cocktail by drowning the liquor in corn syrup with Sprite and grenadine. Replace the Sprite with soda water and you'll still have a lightly sweet cocktail that appeals to everyone.

e: also throw some limes in there

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
If you absolutely must have something like grenadine, just get a couple bottles of 100% pomegranate juice. If people insist on drowning good liquor in something sweet, just get a few bottles of juices/nectars, some lemons and limes, and club soda. It's not going to be super cheap, but it will taste better. For a gallon, get double the amount of club soda (triple it just to be safe, it's not like it goes bad), a variety of good juices, and at least 2 lbs of limes and lemons each. You may end up with extra left over, but club soda and juices can mix with pretty much any liquor or liqueur.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Use lovely vodka if you're going to be drowning it in soda and juice anyway. Also what amounts to luxury priced triple sec is a terrible way to start a cocktail. That is something you put in your margaritas made with a base of tequila (or into your mimosas if you're an alcoholic like me).

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
if you want to serve liquor, just make it open bar for an hour. Don't do any fancy poo poo, because you are wasting your money. Half the dudes won't drink that "girly poo poo" and half the women won't drink it because it's "too many calories".

Bear Snout
Dec 17, 2006
There is a full bar all night. I am making one or two signature drinks just for fun.

I like fruity sweet drinks. Here is my final idea: patron citronge with sprite, lemon juice, lemon and lime slices, and a dash of rose syrup.

The other signature drink will be your basic gin and tonic because my siblings enjoy them.

So we have a case of white wine, a case of red, 2 cases of champagne, 8 cases of corona, and lots of liquor for about 65 guests. May be getting more than this.

Thanks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Sounds like you had a great idea of a drink recipe with Patron Citronge all along!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Why don't you use an existing, balanced, working recipe instead of insisting on making a Mexico City gay pride parade in a glass? Do you have a dozen bottles of Patron and a shrink wrapped pallet of Sprite in your garage that that you need to get rid of?

Testikles fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 12, 2015

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Bear Snout posted:

Does that sound good?

....are you seriously asking the internet how this will taste instead of just mixing an actual drink and checking for yourself?

I'll play: It sounds sticky!

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Bear Snout posted:

There is a full bar all night. I am making one or two signature drinks just for fun.

I like fruity sweet drinks. Here is my final idea: patron citronge with sprite, lemon juice, lemon and lime slices, and a dash of rose syrup.

The other signature drink will be your basic gin and tonic because my siblings enjoy them.

So we have a case of white wine, a case of red, 2 cases of champagne, 8 cases of corona, and lots of liquor for about 65 guests. May be getting more than this.

Thanks.
You seem like you were dead set on dumping sprite in the drink anyway, so why did you bother asking anyone else? It doesn't sound good because soda is a great way to drown out decent liquor. Do whatever you want, it's your drat wedding, I'm sure your family will love you anyways and everyone will just be happy to get trashed on an open bar.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

2 oz tequila
1 oz orange liqueur
1.5 oz lime juice
1.5 oz simple syurup (adjust based on how strong the simple syrup is. Mine is 1:1 sugar and water so I use .5 oz plus 1oz of water)

Shake over ice and serve in a martini glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with a lime wedge and a couple jalapeno stuffed olives.

Works great with cheap ingredients or fancy ones.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

honda whisperer posted:

2 oz tequila
1 oz orange liqueur
1.5 oz lime juice
1.5 oz simple syurup (adjust based on how strong the simple syrup is. Mine is 1:1 sugar and water so I use .5 oz plus 1oz of water)

Shake over ice and serve in a martini glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with a lime wedge and a couple jalapeno stuffed olives.

Works great with cheap ingredients or fancy ones.

This will not be cheap-tasting enough to satisfy the OP's palette. Add some Dr. Pepper and now we're talking!

Powerlurker
Oct 21, 2010
Just make margaritas, 3:2:1 tequila:triple sec:lime juice (NOT mix), yes it's supposed to be a strong drink.

Bear Snout
Dec 17, 2006
Actually yes I do have 2 bottles of the stuff I want to use. A close family member is in the beverage industry and gifted it to us.

I like the idea of adding the tequila so its not just liquier and soda. So maybe tequila, citronage, pomegranate and lime juice over ice.

I do plan to test this out. Thought I would get some opinions.

Thanks for your input.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bear Snout posted:

Actually yes I do have 2 bottles of the stuff I want to use. A close family member is in the beverage industry and gifted it to us.

I like the idea of adding the tequila so its not just liquier and soda. So maybe tequila, citronage, pomegranate and lime juice over ice.

I do plan to test this out. Thought I would get some opinions.

Thanks for your input.

Why the gently caress are you just making poo poo up, god you are insufferable. Go to a place that's know for good cocktails and ask the bartender for his favorite drinks with triple sec. Try a few. Ask him how to make the one you like most.

That's the way a smart person would do it at least.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
just chug bottles of sprite

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bear Snout posted:

I like fruity sweet drinks.

Make a big batch of sangria. It's really easy to make, tends to be a crowd-pleaser and scales well - I made 10 gallons for my wedding and 20 for my cousin's. I usually make it with three different types of red box wine, fruit juice to taste (usually red & white grape juice and some cranberry,) and brandy - really no such thing as too much but be careful because it goes down really easily and the brandy will catch up with you. I then cut up some citrus, make a giant bag out of cheesecloth (to keep the pulp contained) and squeeze the citrus in the wine/brandy/juice mix, then let it sit with the citrus for 24 hours. Serve chilled with a platter of sliced fruit that guests can add to taste.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I think I'm actually going to try these out and see what they end up tasting like just for the hell of it. OP are there any measurements or ratios to these drinks yet or should I just guesstimate? If I do it I will post pictures.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Testikles posted:

I think I'm actually going to try these out and see what they end up tasting like just for the hell of it. OP are there any measurements or ratios to these drinks yet or should I just guesstimate? If I do it I will post pictures.

And here I thought Patron's marketing team was getting a little desperate. Apparently it was a good strategy.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

the black husserl posted:

And here I thought Patron's marketing team was getting a little desperate. Apparently it was a good strategy.

drat it! I've been had!

I was just more into demonstrating why these drinks would taste like balls but that alone is a good reason for me not to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bear Snout posted:

Big improvement. I'm sure your guests will appreciate a good pomegranate margarita.

• Locked thread