Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is another Telltale adventure game released for the PC (and WiiWare! and later PSN!) in 2008. Like most of Telltale's games, it's episodic with 5 individual episodes.

SBCG4AP is based off of the popular internet Flash cartoon series called Homestar Runner. Specifically, it stars Strong Bad, the real star of the website and of its main feature, the Strong Bad Emails, which started in 2001 and ran for 205 short episodes before going on hiatus in October 2009. The website itself hasn't had an actual toon released since 2010 either, as both members of The Brothers Chaps (Matt and Mike Chapman) have been focusing on their careers. The website itself was on hiatus between 2010 and 2014, though with quite a few videos in the past year (and a Twitter account!) or so it seems a comeback is imminent.

As stated, SBCG4AP is an adventure game of the point-and-click variety. It features tons of humorous dialog, more than any Homestar cartoon. This LP will run through all 5 episodes (and maybe even some bonus stuff involving games from the website?), and will be done in a subtitle format. This game speaks for itself, and it speaks for itself often; it doesn't need me or anybody else trying to be funny talking over it. It can be funny (or unfunny, for that matter) all by itself. Unfortunately, I will be being unfunny through subtitles, but I will try to keep it to a minimum, which means no "talking" through dialogue.

The game itself does fall into some of the pitfalls of other adventure games, especially Telltale's. Some of the puzzles are weird and obtuse. Some parts that don't have conversations get boring. The engine is, to put it bluntly, a piece of crap that merely gives the illusion that it works great. (Fun fact: during one of my failed recordings of the tutorial I managed to accidentally force myself through the door in the beginning and got stuck in an endless loop of Strong Bad saying he won't leave his room until he investigates, forcing me to force quit the game.) But the dialog and quirky humor manages to make up for most of these things. Also to be perfectly honest the first episode is probably the worst of the bunch. Worst being relative here, of course. Hang in until Episode 2 or 3, that's where it starts getting good.

Regarding Audio Quality: The audio quality of the voice clips in Episode 1 is terrible and has nothing to do with my recording. They improve dramatically from Episode 2 onward.

Spoiler Policy: Uhh...I don't really care? Don't be a dick, use your best judgement, blah blah blah.

Wait, didn't y-I DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO FALL INTO THE ARCHIVES, OKAY

First up is Homestar Ruiner! Strong Bad decides to finally beat the snot out of Homestar Runner once and for all, but then he gets a different idea on how to ruin Homestar's life. Unfortunately for Strong Bad, the best laid plans of mice and Mexican wrestler look-alikes often go awry...

Volume in drive C: has no label
Directory of C:\sbcg4ap_lp\updated somedays

0. tutorial
1. homestar runner
2. stupid moron party
3. prank calls
4. sabotage
5. home invasions
6. criminal record
7. girlfriend problems
8. the FCUTRERSTUD
9. party crashing
B1. teen girl squad
B2. snake boxer 5
B3. awesomeness

Next is Strong Badia the Free! Strong Bad runs into a big problem when he unknowingly violates the King of Town's new e-mail tax. There's only one thing for the leader of Strong Badia to do when faced with this unparalleled tyranny: revolt, secede, and siege! :cheat:

10. house arrest
11. secession
12. glowy drinks
13. ancient artifacts
14. siege
15. re-siege
B1. cave girl squad

Baddest of the Bands! When Strong Bad runs into a little problem with his beloved Fun Machine, he hatches a needlessly convoluted scheme to pay for the repairs. ROCK AND ROLL!

16. repair funding
17. album art
18. auditions
19. street cred new!

BONUS UPDATES
-Thy Dungeonman 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I don't know what you're talking about! Have a big update! Wow!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Glad to see this back!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Hello again! Nice to see you back in action.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Does anyone now what happened with HR? They released a couple of new cartoons, but that was ages ago.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Samovar posted:

Does anyone now what happened with HR? They released a couple of new cartoons, but that was ages ago.

They're still making new Homestar videos. The latest one was from mid-April. It just takes awhile now, probably because Chapman has a real job to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Return of this thread feels like how I will feel when my dad returns from his trip to buy cigarrettes hes been on for 20 years.

• Locked thread