Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

anilEhilated posted:

It's less "anywhere else" and more that we got used to the idiotic Bioware tradition of never having side characters more kickass than the one you designed. Works for a power fantasy, bad practice for storytelling.

Actually, while Tom is solid, Tom is basically always one of the worse fighters of the heavy physical characters because he's got a lower-than-max Close Range cap. After all, Drirr and other physical warriors trained their entire lives to use the kinds of weapons you're handling and are deeply familiar with them, while Tom is more of a talented amateur who is learning as he goes and in excellent physical condition (on account of being an exploration pilot). Tom's never, ever a liability, though, and he's tough as nails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Night10194 posted:

Actually, while Tom is solid, Tom is basically always one of the worse fighters of the heavy physical characters because he's got a lower-than-max Close Range cap. After all, Drirr and other physical warriors trained their entire lives to use the kinds of weapons you're handling and are deeply familiar with them, while Tom is more of a talented amateur who is learning as he goes and in excellent physical condition (on account of being an exploration pilot). Tom's never, ever a liability, though, and he's tough as nails.

Give him a gun though and oh boy oh boy :allears:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, that's the loving point. The stats in Albion make sense as opposed to anything post-Bioware.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

mauman posted:

Give him a gun though and oh boy oh boy :allears:

Which only he and Rainer know how to use because, well, that's what *they're* trained with. Which is, itself, an awesome advantage (if you have some bullets).

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Not caught up, but just saying huzzah for LPing thing this game. I had trouble as seeds made me paranoid about using magic, and I don't think I got past the second main town because of tone shift and decision paralysis. Might have to buy this and play along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jpublic
Aug 14, 2015
Your LP got me to start my own playthrough of this one. I just made it to the old Former guild, so I haven't read that entry yet, but I clearly missed a couple things so I'm going to run back to town, and maybe grind some money and hunt for seeds. Looking forward to more.

• Locked thread