Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I was wondering whether all the effort of getting Brave Blade was worth it. If the Chicken Knife's disadvantage can be easily mitigated, then I'll just try fleeing from Harpies.

Even if it can't be, the absolute best-case scenario for the Brave Blade and absolute worst-case scenario for the Chicken Knife is only about an 8% advantage for the Brave Blade - it skyrockets in the CK's favor as Agility goes up (the worst case is a Zerker, with 15), as you have abilities that mitigate the Flee, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Not to mention that not running from battles just gets tiring. I've had a game with no way to mitigate the run chance and a warrior, but I still took the knife because never running away is a lot more tedious than it sounds and it already sounds pretty tedious.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
And the further you get, not running just gets worse and worse.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Although there's generally very little reason to go BB over CK, keep in mind that playing on iOS does offer two more reasons: 1) you can't put it in the second hand of a Ninja with a Twin Lance to get around the proc, and 2) running 250 times, especially without a Thief or a Ninja, is really, really tedious when you don't have a fast forward button. I never bothered to fully power it up in any of my runs.

That said, neither of those things make the BB any better, just the CK worse. If you can run easily, nothing will make you want to go through the Pyramid fighting everything. I feel like the only case where it's even a little bit worth it is if you have a Knight and a Ninja, which is a case where you need a lot of swords. Of course, if you have a Knight and a Ninja, you don't really need anything.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

OzFactor posted:

Although there's generally very little reason to go BB over CK, keep in mind that playing on iOS does offer two more reasons: 1) you can't put it in the second hand of a Ninja with a Twin Lance to get around the proc, and 2) running 250 times, especially without a Thief or a Ninja, is really, really tedious when you don't have a fast forward button. I never bothered to fully power it up in any of my runs.

That said, neither of those things make the BB any better, just the CK worse. If you can run easily, nothing will make you want to go through the Pyramid fighting everything. I feel like the only case where it's even a little bit worth it is if you have a Knight and a Ninja, which is a case where you need a lot of swords. Of course, if you have a Knight and a Ninja, you don't really need anything.

They mentioned they had a Thief which means the only reason to not worry about the CK is tedium (!Mug ignores the Flee proc even in iOS), and I'd say the tedium of running away is far outweighed by the tedium of slogging through literally. every. random encounter.

• Locked thread