Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

It was definitely worth the :10bux: I paid for it during EA's origin anniversary sale. I wish there was a single player campaign, that would explain poo poo to me like what the gently caress is actually going on beyond we live in a future with smart guns.

If only it had more than 2000 people playing at peak...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's rear end. I guess jumping off a wall and keeping your momentum by jumping more is kind of nice to have in a game but, it's rear end that no one plays and it has call of duty progression. No thanks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

It's rear end. I guess jumping off a wall and keeping your momentum by jumping more is kind of nice to have in a game but, it's rear end that no one plays and it has call of duty progression. No thanks.

This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[In British accent]: Shite-and-fail

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

90% of the good poo poo can be gotten in the first few hours. Nobody ever not selects the cloak perk you start with.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Everybody bitches when you kick their rear end with the smart pistol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The movement is good and fun. I like to run on walls and jump to go very fast. It is also fun to get in a giant robot and have it be your friend, and to use it to punch and squish people.

I hope they are making Titanfall 2, I think it would be a fun game to play if they made it.

ForsakenDragoon
Jun 17, 2010
I definitely think that Titanfall will have a sequel. I think they wanted to prove they could do large mechs and small people running around well at a basic level. Overall I liked Titanfall, but what killed it for me was the lack of variety past a point. As others have said, it was the same deal that made me quit playing Call of Duty.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Titanfall joins Brink in the list of poo poo games with fun movement controls

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I think Gabe Newell was right about how Map Pack DLC splitters player bases, and when you have a fragile sized player base like Titanfall, it can kill a game. At least until they made all the map DLC free anyways... Probably out of desperation to keep the game from completely flatlining.

:dice: did an interview back in 2010 saying the same thing and promising to never charge for a map pack, in response to COD Map packs being spooged out...

My point is:

Kept this in my YCS folder from a long time ago

Korthal
May 26, 2011

bonus gif to take you way back

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Titanfall joins Brink in the list of poo poo games with fun movement controls

Titanfall was no where near as bad as Brink.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I remember playing it on PC and thinking "this would be great on console".

One Xbone later and now there are two things collecting dust,

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Give Pat a Job posted:

I remember playing it on PC and thinking "this would be great on console".

One Xbone later and now there are two things collecting dust,

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made a game with high velocity movement that they wanted to sell on a console so they compensated by including a weapon that you don't need to aim that will kill anybody instantly. Lmfao. Just play AW.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Titanfall was no where near as bad as Brink.

i agree that titanfall has better netcode,

Korthal
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They made a game with high velocity movement that they wanted to sell on a console so they compensated by including a weapon that you don't need to aim that will kill anybody instantly. Lmfao. Just play AW.
Actually, it only kills grunts in 1 hit. Players need to be locked on 3 times to be killed, and you'll usually get assault rifled to death long before the second lock engages.
:goonsay:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
titanfall is good for the $5 + free dlc but at the original $80 asking price it's absurd

game is fun but you run out of stuff to do around the 15-20 hour mark and it's multiplayer only

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i agree that titanfall has better netcode,

if you think titanfall was nearly close to the house sized pile of dog poo poo that is brink then i don't know what to say except you have a bad sense of smell I guess. it was a deece game that had the misfortune of being picked up and furiously marketing-molested by microsoft. Hopefully it gets a sequel cause the basic gunplay and titan stuff was fun as heck, there just wasn't much more to it than that

e; anyway its certainly better than poo poo like destiny and cod

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

truly bad games aren't looked back upon and laughed at- they're forgotten until somebody brings it up and says, "oh yeah, that game" and continue playing something else. titanfall is that kind of game. $10 isn't a bad price for it though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

truly bad games aren't looked back upon and laughed at- they're forgotten until somebody brings it up and says, "oh yeah, that game" and continue playing something else. titanfall is that kind of game. $10 isn't a bad price for it though

This is the most insane post I've ever seen.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Somebody ought to introduce this dumbfuck to the Nerd.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Thread title is trying to engage me mid conversation but I didn't ask you this poo poo at all.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
plugged in my new gpu... Might try out titanfall again to see how max settigns looks. Didnt know the dlc is free now :cool:

reading
Jul 27, 2013
Does Destiny suck? The art is really cool.

Soral
May 30, 2009

it does.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Titanfall is a game I like playing and should play more.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It has a cool shotgun that goes BOOM! really loud and its neat when you kill somebody with it.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
don't play destiny

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really want a fast paced mech game, but i'm not buying a game that's multi only

also my buddy has been trying to get me to buy destiny for a year, and i'm running out of polite ways to say no. don't you have to pay like an additional 60 bucks in DLC to get current?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually, the dlc is ONLY $40

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i wouldn't buy Destiny even if you actually wanted to, they're already in production for Destiny 2

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
I never purchased Titanfall even though it looked extremely hype, because I didn't want to wind up with another game driving me to the BRINK of despair.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

reading posted:

Does Destiny suck? The art is really cool.

Destiny is so close to a good game that it hurts to play because it's really really not good but parts of it stand out a lot

People are saying that the new expansion is actually really good but these are the people who have been playing a bad game for like 6 or 7 months straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
tootinfall

• Locked thread