Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not quite what i remembered

short VDIES: buy-in=$3,405,800.00
profit $957,924.00 28% 61days until

28% doesn't look good and DROI doesn't look that good either, but since it's working with a very large sum, maybe it'll be worth it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MOANA seems criminally undervalued to me. Releases one day before Thanksgiving. Disney. Animated. The Rock is doing a voice. And it's at $165 right now? It breaks even if it does $68 million opening weekend, and it seems like a lock to do at least double that.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Efexeye posted:

MOANA seems criminally undervalued to me. Releases one day before Thanksgiving. Disney. Animated. The Rock is doing a voice. And it's at $165 right now? It breaks even if it does $68 million opening weekend, and it seems like a lock to do at least double that.

Storks might have people a bit cautious. I got bit hard on that one.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm remembering what happened with The Good Dinosaur last year, too.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It's DISNEY though which means they will promote the everloving poo poo out of it

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
If Moana is Frozen/Zootopia levels of good it will be unstoppable, but it's coming out in a fairly crowded market. And don't forget Frozen and Zoot ended their four-week runs at $219m and $255m before going on to do $400m and $340m respectively, their success came off the long tail runs they had.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol @ Tyler Perry's latest Opus of poo poo beating the Tom Cruise fronted Jack Reacher 2 on their opening weekend

never bet against Tyler Perry

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grats to everyone (not me) who bought the BOO! OW derivative, y'all are in for a sweet payday.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
H$1,105,330.54 (13.21%)
Mmmmm... Feels good man

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ButtWolf posted:

H$1,105,330.54 (13.21%)
Mmmmm... Feels good man

killing it this month, homes

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah once I learned how to play, I've made like 300%.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone else get burned by CROD2 getting canceled out of nowhere? I lost 3 million because I didn't log in for a few days and missed the news.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

took an absolute drubbing on Fantastic Beasts (though that still may spring back after the long holiday weekend) but it looks like Moana is going to get a lot of it back

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Efexeye posted:

took an absolute drubbing on Fantastic Beasts (though that still may spring back after the long holiday weekend) but it looks like Moana is going to get a lot of it back

Actually took a hit myself over Moana, which is a bit of a mystery considering it opened at 80m, is an animated Disney movie, and has been getting rave reviews. There's no good reason for the stock price to be tanking.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 29, 2016

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Baronash posted:

Actually took a hit myself over Moana, which is a bit of a mystery considering it opened at 80m, is an animated Disney movie, and has been getting rave reviews. There's no good reason for the stock price to be tanking.

I think both of them being out for Thanksgiving ultimately hurt the take for each.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

wtf, mad good early reviews for Rogue One and it's down $5 today?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've noticed the price on a lot of big movies drops in the week leading up to release. My guess is that there is a portion of long-term investors who can't stomach opening weekend uncertainty and just want to realize their gains so far.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Trump promised to dismantle the Death Star deal

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Dumped all of my Prometheus 2 today for 2.6 million in profit. I just don't see it having a 50 million dollar opening weekend

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I dunno where else to brag, but I crushed the nomination options. Out of 93 bought, only 5 were losers, and one of those was LLL Best Picture, which was right, but the price got > the cashout when there were 9 nominees. They were also well over half bought on the first day of trading. It's not really as much about the money, since it's all relatively small, but just bragging rights.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:staredog: good fuckin job, friend

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

in dead gay goon competition news, PIRT5 is criminally undervalued right now at $152 imho

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

incidentally if you were holding Avatar 3 long at 100k shares you made 8 million HSX yesterday

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Wonder Woman blockbuster warrant IPO'd yesterday with a break-even point lower than the film's current box office take, i.e. it's nothing but profit for the next 8 weeks

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

thank you kindly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

:smug:

• Locked thread