Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PirateBob posted:

Yeah that sounds like a thing that a club does, as opposed to, I don't know, not making a bid at all.

Appearances really matter to Madrid. They have to look like they tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

we really need to not get relegated, because the new money comes in next season

There's no way we're getting relegated with the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth in the league.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this is, like, the eighth year in a row that literally nothing has happened on deadline day, i don't know why any of you are surprised

you'd think at some point people would figure out that just because georgie thompson is shouting in your face about it doesn't make it interesting

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Um actually I'll think you'll find United signed the next Thierry Henry???

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Lots of stuff happened on deadline day it was fun and we all had a good time posting about it, looking forward to January. Big thanks to the mod team and the senior regulars for making this a great thread.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

to be fair, I do have fond memories of the last time we had a Frenchman up front

god bless you David Bellion, god bless us everyone

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

this is, like, the eighth year in a row that literally nothing has happened on deadline day, i don't know why any of you are surprised

you'd think at some point people would figure out that just because georgie thompson is shouting in your face about it doesn't make it interesting

Georgie Thompson shouting in my face seems kind of cool and good actually?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

There's no way we're getting relegated with the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth in the league.
on the other hand we have 4 points from playing Sunderland, Palace, Bournemouth, and United...

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

PirateBob posted:

Yeah that sounds like a thing that a club does, as opposed to, I don't know, not making a bid at all.

it seems more reasonable than waiting until the morning of the final day of a 3 month window to make their first offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
We're done here.

• Locked thread