Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Hey so my band is doing some touring at the end of July. Not very far, mostly Pacific coast stuff. But we have a couple of dates tentatively booked at Mt. Hood, so we want to, while we're all the way up there, do Portland/Seattle/Anywhere else that we can do a good show. But we don't know anybody or any bands from that area to piggyback with, so we're sort of shooting in the dark here. Does anyone have ideas for venues to contact and/or bands that might need an opener during the last two weeks of July (roughly)?

Our music is at lawnspur.com for stylistic matching purposes. Indie/punk stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
My best advice would be to search Bandcamp and Facebook for bands in your genre, and hit them up about venues/bands to play with. Our guitarist does booking, but its all metal. Also look up venue's websites and start plugging in band names until you find a show that has bands that would work with you and then hit them up. Facebook messages through the bands page almost always goes to who ever books for the band, usually a member. This is how we do it in places we've never been. Also standard booking is 3 months out, so you may run into a little trouble with that.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Yeah, we're starting that dance, but like I said we don't know anyone in that area so it's kind of like cold calling.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I put bands on at a venue and cold calling is fine, if you have a decent link to your stuff (you do) and a specific genre that you fit into (you do) then for a venue that's fantastic info, and you should be OK getting gigs as a support unless the venue is cliquey or whatever.
You may find July could be too early to swing much though, we book around 6 months minimum in advance usually.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
It is a cold call, but sometimes it's the only way if you've never played in that region. We've met so many bands that kick rear end, and end up helping us with shows, places to crash, food, ect... by doing that, I couldn't even tell you. Also I would let them know to hit you up when they're in your neck of the woods, even if they don't/cant initially help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Well, nothing is coming together for up north, so it looks like we'll just stick to doing California and Nevada this summer. If anyone wants to come out and see a good show then you should. Also, if you need an opener for your band or need a band to put on the bill, let us know. We're probably down for it.

• Locked thread