Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

snipe-it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:synpa:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, nice they have a demo too so I can make sure it works on the Zebra

Thanks!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:golfclap:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Dear small shop computer inventory Janitors: I'm looking for some software to keep track of a very simple inventory, namely, a whole bunch of computers, and some basic information on them, such as:

-An automatically incrementing inventory number
-The device serial number
-The device description
-The hard drive serial number
-A freehand notes section.

Now, I know this could be knocked together in Microsoft Access (Its currently being tracked in a very unweildy excel sheet), but I'd like it to be something web-based if possible (either cloud or self-hosted), and have either an android app, or work well on android in the browser. I have some Zebra scanners that I am using to do inventory that run Android 8.1 (I believe). In an ideal world, I'd like to just be able to load an app/webpage, scan the computers barcode or QR code to fill in the serial number, same with the hard drive, and I can either speech-to-text the description and notes, or type them in on the android keyboard. Right now I'm fighting my way through aforementioned unweildy spreadsheet on the tiny Zebra screen in Office 365 online. It works but its tough.

This is a small project, so the cheaper the better.

Any suggestions?

If you’re a Dell shop, you can make an account on dell.com, punch in your service tags for the stuff your org has and that’ll automagically add specs, ship date, warranty status etc. it’s pretty nifty. I don’t know if other vendors have a similar service.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is for an ewaste operation, so it includes all of the major brands, including but not limited to Dell, I'd need something vendor agnostic

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 16, 2024

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
If these things are on a network before going off the the graveyard, the free version of PDQ inventory should do all this.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

This is for an ewaste operation, so it includes all of the major brands, including but not limited to Dell, I'd need something vendor agnostic

HP is inanely protective of doing hardware bulk warranty discovery. They have a bulk feature upload but it only work with devices you bought from HP directly, apparently.

We're deploying a zendesk\asset sonar setup and its really slick, but man the licensing on all these platforms are loving bullshit: They charge per device and tracking licensing done via a 5:1 License:device scheme. Same with asset panda. Snipe-it is the best zero dollar thing you can deploy rn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Check out glide apps, they’re PWAs so they’re OS agnostic and they have built in QR and barcode. You build them from a spreadsheet and the source of that sheet can be a Google sheet, bigquery table and a few others.

You’ll prob build what you want in about 30 min.