Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
APPEAR NEW PAGE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Speedball posted:

instead of Black Widow/Ladykiller, they ought to just have one perk called Lover and a Fighter that does the same thing for all humans. You're able to sleep with pretty much anyone anyway.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3972

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What's in the update?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Presumably it's Creation Club stuff, since they have to roll that out to everyone to circumvent the Steam store.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Found a two shot radium rifle while loving around in Nuka World last night. Very pleased.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I dont suppose anyone here would know why the game constantly enters an infinite load screens if i try to enter or exit buildings in the downtown boston area?

I have no mods installed or any DLC, it makes exploring that part of the game a real chore, since i have to constantly quit reload the game and pray it loads the area this time.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There could be a few things, but I'd start by trimming your save folder and disabling auto-saves. I don't remember why, but sometimes the ability for the game to think and load stuff breaks when you have too many saves.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Zeniel posted:

I dont suppose anyone here would know why the game constantly enters an infinite load screens if i try to enter or exit buildings in the downtown boston area?

I'm having sorta the same problem, load times in Boston are 2-3 minutes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gynovore posted:

I'm having sorta the same problem, load times in Boston are 2-3 minutes.

Turn off vsync. No, really. For whatever reason loading is linked to your FPS, so having unlocked framerate will speed things up a little. There's a couple of mods that automatically toggle vsync during loading as well.

It's almost as dumb as Sonic Forces requiring VLC be open in the background to smoothly play cutscenes.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Infinite loading screens were also an issue in Skyrim from time to time as well, and probably Oblivion but I don't remember that far back. It was bad enough in Skyrim that I would never load a game straight from the menu, instead I'd open the console (which works in the menus, btw) and use the 'coc riverwood' command to force it to load that, then load whatever save I wanted to play. Usually circumvented whatever issue was causing the game to become unresponsive when loading.

Doing a quick check of the wiki it looks like the same commands work in Fallout 4; try something like:

code:
CenterOnCell <cell edid> or coc <cell edid> – Teleports the player to the specified cell's center.
	coc PrewarSanctuaryExt01 – Teleports to the pre-war version of Sanctuary Hills from the intro.
	coc QASmoke – Teleports to a test cell containing most of the items in the game.
	coc RedRocketExt – Teleports to the Red Rocket truck stop, a gas station between Sanctuary Hills and Concord.
Then load your game and see if that fixes it. Never tried the vsync method though I have had the game hang on me a few times.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

F4SE is now updated (0.6.5 for 1.10.64).

Whether it's safe for you to update depends on your F4SE plugins (XDI and MCM are back up; still waiting on HUD++).

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 25, 2018

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Turning off vsync, without limiting your FPS some other way, will cause the physics to go wonky in Creation engine IIRC. I used to use some mod to limit FPS to 60 with vsync off, because the Bethesda vsync always turns mouselook to mushy garbage.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Turn off vsync. No, really. For whatever reason loading is linked to your FPS, so having unlocked framerate will speed things up a little. There's a couple of mods that automatically toggle vsync during loading as well.

It's almost as dumb as Sonic Forces requiring VLC be open in the background to smoothly play cutscenes.

Legend, that's fixed the biggest issue I've been having. Now if I could only just stop breaking quests so I can't finish them...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So the Tunnel Snakes one is an actual quest, for once. Nice. New weapon type, the Classic 10mm which takes the same ammo but does way more damage when upgraded, and a unique variant with cool engravings all over it called Ultimatum.

Arcade Cabinet creation is mostly just for fun, but it's nice. Plus you can have cool shaped lights on the walls now too. I like that the arcade cabinets increase happiness. Arcade Cabinets also include carpeted floor tiles so you can build a place that has nice floors for once.

Slocum's Joe turns the Slocum's Corporate HQ into a place worth visiting, I suppose. LOTS of decorations. New store type to build, new doughnuts and coffees and teas to brew. Nothing overpowered, but nice to have. Hubflower tea! And you get access to the diner tileset.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Speedball posted:

So the Tunnel Snakes one is an actual quest, for once. Nice. New weapon type, the Classic 10mm which takes the same ammo but does way more damage when upgraded, and a unique variant with cool engravings all over it called Ultimatum.

Arcade Cabinet creation is mostly just for fun, but it's nice. Plus you can have cool shaped lights on the walls now too. I like that the arcade cabinets increase happiness. Arcade Cabinets also include carpeted floor tiles so you can build a place that has nice floors for once.

Slocum's Joe turns the Slocum's Corporate HQ into a place worth visiting, I suppose. LOTS of decorations. New store type to build, new doughnuts and coffees and teas to brew. Nothing overpowered, but nice to have. Hubflower tea! And you get access to the diner tileset.

Is this a mod, or the latest patch/Cash Cow content or what?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Is this a mod, or the latest patch/Cash Cow content or what?

It's from the Creation Club.

(the temptation for a Nexusmods.com pun was great indeed)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's actually cache cow content. Everything now spawns in with the brahmin model first to reduce load times.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I wandered up to Finch Farm and wasted everyone to make sure the quest was cleared out. But it's still greyed-out on Shank's list?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Lone Badger posted:

I wandered up to Finch Farm and wasted everyone to make sure the quest was cleared out. But it's still greyed-out on Shank's list?

For conquering or vassalizing? There has to be npcs at a place to make it a vassal, otherwise there's no one to enslave. If the settlement is empty and you own it, you should be able to conquer it. But I think what might be going on is something funky with the quest. Finch farm is the one where the son was captured and taken to that foundry. If he's still alive and captured, it's unresolved. I haven't done it in a little while, but there's a few settlements where the npcs are essential and you can't murder everyone and take the workbench. I could've sworn finch farm was one of them.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

So what exactly goes into making a new thread and getting the old one put to rest?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I murdered everyone including the son, and brought in new settlers. Turns out the problem was that i hadn't told Preston about the murdering.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dragonshardz posted:

So what exactly goes into making a new thread and getting the old one put to rest?

1. The will and capacity to write it.

2. Linking to it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

1. The will and capacity to write it.

2. Linking to it.

Okay, I will actually do this. Gimme like twenty minutes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Lone Badger posted:

I murdered everyone including the son, and brought in new settlers. Turns out the problem was that i hadn't told Preston about the murdering.

Great work, general. We're really starting to make a difference out here. Now we've just gotten word about another settlement that needs your help.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay, I will actually do this. Gimme like twenty minutes.

I may have forgotten 3. Closing this thread, but that might not be so easy if the TC is radio silent.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Great work, general. We're really starting to make a difference out here. Now we've just gotten word about another settlement that needs your help.

I met a very nice Robobrain a little while ago who informed me about the best way to help people. Now whenever Preston tells me about a settlement needing my help I just do the mental substitution she taught me.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847773

New thread! Please forward any future Preston/Danse slashfic to the correct new thread, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I met a very nice Robobrain a little while ago who informed me about the best way to help people. Now whenever Preston tells me about a settlement needing my help I just do the mental substitution she taught me.

It does occur to me all of the sudden that you probably don't get those stupid ransom radiant quests for settlements with no people in them, either.... hmm.

• Locked thread