Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Welcome to the June Dorkroom photo contest!

Last month the theme was gently caress if it matters cause Ric (again[again!!!])!: it was something you saw near your house/apartment/non-traditional dwelling and ric just killed it, man, 3 months in a row! gj. You jerk.

For the new month the theme is :boom: :minnie: ennui, or farm animals :cabot: :boom:

Be creative!

Rules THAT MEAN NOTHING:
  1. This thread is for posting pics & voting.
  2. One submission/poster. Note that you can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins!
  3. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
  4. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites! In case this isn't clear, the contest started after the theme was chosen in the last thread (not necessarily when I got around to posing the new thread), and it runs until the dates listed below!
  5. Contest will be open until the end of the month! after which voting will begin.
  6. Voting will continue until Shortly after that! (or when I get banned, I guess).
  7. Also, I guess no :nws: images? If someone has a kick rear end NSFW idea, i dunno? take it up with SoundMonkey i guess? I don't wanna get in the way of good
    ideas and all, but rules are rules.
  8. When voting, please deploy the spoiler tag. hail satan. I will announce when voting begins!
  9. SoundMonkey will offer a prize of some kind valued at around $20 to the winner. Especially if you live in loving Antarctica or something. PM or e-mail SoundMonkey to claim the prize.

I or SoundMonkey reserve the right to change the rules in case I missed something really obvious that probably won't affect anyone.

Winner picks the next theme, probably!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

P6660026-2.jpg by Douglas Tiedt, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dude what? I was there two years ago and it looks like they haven't made any progress. the gently caress man?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Dude what? I was there two years ago and it looks like they haven't made any progress. the gently caress man?

They're carving out the base of the mountain to get ready to do the horse stuff, so there hasn't been anything that looks different. They've cut ~125 feet deep into the granite in places in the past 10 years though, so they're definitely doing stuff. Just not the exciting stuff.

Also a little bit of work around the hand that you can't really see in that pic either, but they're still really just blocking out the rest of the mountain.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

They're carving out the base of the mountain to get ready to do the horse stuff, so there hasn't been anything that looks different. They've cut ~125 feet deep into the granite in places in the past 10 years though, so they're definitely doing stuff. Just not the exciting stuff.

Also a little bit of work around the hand that you can't really see in that pic either, but they're still really just blocking out the rest of the mountain.

See, anyone else, would look at your picture and be like, COOL DUDE! Face in mountain!!!!

No, I get it. I'm glad another photog went out there and saw it, because it is pretty loving amazing.

Ok, cool, got my update on poo poo in the black hills. Now to figure out this month's contest idea. Blargh!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

See, anyone else, would look at your picture and be like, COOL DUDE! Face in mountain!!!!

No, I get it. I'm glad another photog went out there and saw it, because it is pretty loving amazing.

Ok, cool, got my update on poo poo in the black hills. Now to figure out this month's contest idea. Blargh!

actually, someone posted on my flickr direct less than 5 minutes after I uploaded saying "wtf, where's the progress".

:razz:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

GONK by Jason the Hutt, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whelp. I'm not even going to bother this month.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Santa display by cha_reckoning, on Flickr

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Ennui, or Farm Animals by Lee Harp, on Flickr

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Pandas are a type of farm animal right?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Probably should have gone with cute piglet, but here goes...

2770 Farm on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Boston more or less lives on a farm and has a donkey for a friend.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I was going to photograph juvenile chickens but was let down, so have some salt crystals.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Voting will open up tomorrow night! last 24 hours for entries!

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

IMG_6205 by s b, on Flickr

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
This dog is kind of like a farm animal, and is wise beyond his many years

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

VOTE

Thorpe posted:

This dog is kind of like a farm animal, and is wise beyond his many years

Ric posted:

I was going to photograph juvenile chickens but was let down, so have some salt crystals.

iSheep posted:

Boston more or less lives on a farm and has a donkey for a friend.

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Probably should have gone with cute piglet, but here goes...

2770 Farm on Flickr

VendaGoat posted:

Pandas are a type of farm animal right?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LONG MAY RIC REIGN

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

claw massage

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Gonna vote Claw Massage with honorable mention to Bubbacub.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
soopafly

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
bobmarleysghost

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Bubbacub

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Claw Massage

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Mr. Despair

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
bobmarleysghost

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
soopafly

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
soopafly (claw massage is my tiebreaker)

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Claw Massage

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

claw massage 4
bubbacub 1
soopafly 3
bobmarleysghost 2
Mr. Despair 1
ric 1

And the winner is Claw Massage! The king is dead, long live the king!

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Who knew that taking a shot of a Polaroid I found at the city dump with my phone would win a photo contest?

Anyway, my family and I are moving from the U.S. to Sicily in a few days. in honor of that, the word I choose is "foreign."

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Was my word terrible? Oh lord I broke the monthly contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Claw Massage posted:

Was my word terrible? Oh lord I broke the monthly contest.

No, it's been broken for close to a year probably. This is what happens when you let someone with a freezer full of vodka make the threads.

:911:

(I'll make a new thread right now).

• Locked thread