Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I know the congrats are a little late but good for you OP
:ensuccess:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I is divorced, she tried to gently caress me and didn't get away with it. so relieved

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
That news legitimately makes my day, congratulations!

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
What is her visitation schedule like? Is it supervised?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I'm curious how exactly it all turned out, how the process went.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I will write up something more about it tonight. but all in all it's in my favor!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm so happy this is finally settled for you. What a horrible ride.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

r00tn00b posted:

I is divorced, she tried to gently caress me and didn't get away with it. so relieved

Glad to hear it. You done good, man.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
So today was the first time in nearly a year I would see my (now ex) wife. I was not sure how I would feel but when it came to it, I saw her and felt nothing, not anger or hatred, or sadness, or any other feeling other than wanting to get this over with. I was not surprised by it, but definitely relieved by this reaction.

She started off the day by bringing up some ghost loan of 5k that I owed her. she had no proof and couldn't get that money, then she tried to get me for the equity of some shared property, which there was none, she couldn't get that. She tried to block my ability to get passports for the children in some crazy tirade about how I would take the kids out of the country and never come back, she didn't win that.

I was awarded full custody of the kids with her having parenting time in the summer winter and spring, and contact with the kids if she so chooses by VOIP or phone after notifying me of the communication first via text or email.

I owe her no spousal support and pretty much the only thing I had to concede on was paying for 50% of the travel for the kids, the judge awarded her that, but only if she exercises her right, she can't just demand half the money for it and then not do it.

that is really it, there was not a lot to it we settled a lot of it beforehand, well our attorney did.

My Attorney got fed up with her bull poo poo about 1 hour into this process and sympathized with me.

OH and on a side note, despite the face she hasn't seen her kids in almost a year, despite the judge encouraging her to do so, despite that I had no objections to it. she chose to not see them while she was here for the hearing. just telling for what the future holds for her "parenting time" with her kids.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume posted:

COngratulations rootnoob

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Congratulations.

But holy poo poo, what a terrible human being. Go hug your kids extra tight.

Bill Pullman
Mar 30, 2014
Wow what a resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if you never hear from her again.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Bill Pullman posted:

Wow what a resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if you never hear from her again.

that is my hope

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
godspeed op

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

So she doesn't owe you any child support or anything?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
It's complicated.

She does and she doesn't

eventually I will go back for that as of right now, to get her to agree to some very important things, there is a moratorium on child support (temporarily)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have a feeling she's going to use the visitation and 50% travel costs thing to just randomly hit you when her broken brain tells her to make trouble. It won't be for the kids, it will be in some weird attempt to bother you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Baronjutter posted:

I have a feeling she's going to use the visitation and 50% travel costs thing to just randomly hit you when her broken brain tells her to make trouble. It won't be for the kids, it will be in some weird attempt to bother you.

My mom pulled poo poo exactly like this.

If you can, try and put some cash into a savings account specifically for travel, it can help ease the pain if she pulls some poo poo like this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, I knew a guy with a crazy ex-wife who would totally ignore him and her kids for months and months but then get word he has some vacation time or plans of any sort and then hit him up for visitation when it would inconvenience him the most. Or just if anything bad would happen in her life she'd just suddenly show back up in their lives and try to cause drama and disrupt things. The kids were just tools to get at her ex.

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. Specially when it hits AFTER you get married, and have kids.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, I knew a guy with a crazy ex-wife who would totally ignore him and her kids for months and months but then get word he has some vacation time or plans of any sort and then hit him up for visitation when it would inconvenience him the most. Or just if anything bad would happen in her life she'd just suddenly show back up in their lives and try to cause drama and disrupt things. The kids were just tools to get at her ex.

Mental illness is a hell of a thing. Specially when it hits AFTER you get married, and have kids.

Fortunately for me I have 100% custody. So my plans kind of override hers, she has to ask for good dates and if i have things planned, then she has to change her plans, not the other way around.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Root noob I am happy that things are working out for you! :)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Was there any mental evaluation or ruling done on this woman? Like I don't know the definition of fit, but she doesn't seem so.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

r00tn00b posted:

Fortunately for me I have 100% custody. So my plans kind of override hers, she has to ask for good dates and if i have things planned, then she has to change her plans, not the other way around.

Congrats man, I'm really glad this ultimately worked out for you about as well as it could under the circumstances

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

Was there any mental evaluation or ruling done on this woman? Like I don't know the definition of fit, but she doesn't seem so.

no, but she has to see a therapist before she can have time with the kids.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

This is awesome, and I feel like a poo poo for being such an rear end in a top hat in this thread; so glad for you and your kids that you were not another weird goon in the well type failure. So uh, my apologies and congrats!?

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Blitter posted:

This is awesome, and I feel like a poo poo for being such an rear end in a top hat in this thread; so glad for you and your kids that you were not another weird goon in the well type failure. So uh, my apologies and congrats!?

No hard feelings! I mean the odds were in favor of me being a loser anyway, this is SA, but yes this has worked out well for me and my kids and we are better for it. thank you.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
a rare E/N success story yay

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
Congratulations to you and your kids!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Thank Christ. Ride on. Never look back.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
loving hell, what a read. So pleased everything worked out for you r00tn00b.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Oh poo poo, Root, I'm sad for your kids that their mom has decided to be absentee, but I'm glad everything else has worked out for the best. I don't know if you remember, but I also had a "mental illness in partner causes serious poo poo AFTER a long time of relative stability" incident and it jus loving blows. Happy for you and your kiddos.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Oh poo poo, Root, I'm sad for your kids that their mom has decided to be absentee, but I'm glad everything else has worked out for the best. I don't know if you remember, but I also had a "mental illness in partner causes serious poo poo AFTER a long time of relative stability" incident and it jus loving blows. Happy for you and your kiddos.

Thank you, and yes I remember I hope everything with yours works out for the best!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good Job stepping up to the plate when your kids needed you Root. The world needs more dads like you, (and less moms like your Ex.)

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
I have to admit I started reading this in a horribly depressed day, but the thing about the cats and turtle to the vet made it better.

My parents went through a very vicious divorce for the better part of a decade before it was finalized. I empathize with your kids on how this must have impacted them. I am also extremely glad to see that you were actually rewarded for doing the right thing this whole time.

You are an amazing parent and your kids are beyond lucky to have you. I really hope that this continues to go in your favor and that this is just the start of a great life for you and them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number-5
Mar 23, 2006

I am really Pissed Off!
Every few months or so I check back on old threads and this one always seems to come back to the top.

Congratulations on your win, and hopefully this gives you and your kids closure and now you can move on with life.

• Locked thread