Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ICSA 64: Breaking Bread
This poll is closed.
Thoht: The Fermentation Station 25 30.12%
mentos: Take another little pita my heart, now baby 10 12.05%
Veritek83: Sorry, I thought you said “breaking *red*” 6 7.23%
Squashy Nipples: Leaven Let Die 42 50.60%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

We have broken bread, feasted and learned a lot along the way. Now it’s time to go through the churlish duty of picking a winner, as if that was actually important in any way. Read the entries, decide on your favourite and vote!

Thoht: The Fermentation Station

mentos: Take another little pita my heart, now baby

Veritek83: Sorry, I thought you said “breaking *red*”

Squashy Nipples: Leaven Let Die

Voting closes in a week!

Scientastic fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
First I must say that this is my favourite subject yet, and I'm really sorry that I couldn't participate. But the four entries here were all great.

Squashy, though, took my heart as well as my stomach with the baguette and the injera, which are two of the best things in the world. Good job, man.

Massively honorable mentions to everyone else, though, especially with Levantine food, kvass, and good old fashioned white bread.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Excellent work everyone! We have a winner!

Squashy Nipples, for your excellent entry you get a $50 voucher for the online retailer of your choice!

Thoht, for your second place, you get the forums upgrade of your choice.

And for the chairman's prize, I looked at all the dishes and decided the ONE I liked most. As I hinted in my OP, I like a drink in an ICSA, and Thoht's kvass completely knocked this one out of the park. Stole a bit of bread starter from work and fermented for a week?! Amazing. The prize for that is a book surprise, so I need an address...

Winners, let me know what you want and how to get it to you.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Excellent work everyone! We have a winner!

Squashy Nipples, for your excellent entry you get a $50 voucher for the online retailer of your choice!

Thoht, for your second place, you get the forums upgrade of your choice.

And for the chairman's prize, I looked at all the dishes and decided the ONE I liked most. As I hinted in my OP, I like a drink in an ICSA, and Thoht's kvass completely knocked this one out of the park. Stole a bit of bread starter from work and fermented for a week?! Amazing. The prize for that is a book surprise, so I need an address...

Winners, let me know what you want and how to get it to you.

YAY! Great respect to everyone who entered, it was a small field, but it was a strong field!

Total agreement on the Chairman's Prize, that was an amazing beverage.

The SquashyPrize goes to Veritek83, who baked some amazing loving bread!

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Congrats, Squashy! Anyone who can make nice injera is a badass in my book, so big props. Still salivating for mentos' Levantine meal too.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Congrats all around and thanks to Sci for hosting. I feel like it was definitely possible for me to get fewer than 6 votes in my first ICSA, so I'm going to mark this one as a moral victory.

seriously though, everyone else's food looked awesome and now I have a big list of things at which to try my hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentos
Apr 14, 2008

The Freshmaker!
Seriously this was one of the best ICSAs in a long time. Good job everyone!

• Locked thread