Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol i will lose the laura mirror to laura's who are waaaaaaaaaay worse than me. every time i play a laura, i feel like i am playing the character completely wrong, despite winning way more than i lose. other laura's just seem to press buttons all day with no cares in the world. blech. so salty.

i really need to learn some actual combos and resets with her, but i just wanna get to gold rank so i can not touch ranked for a long time and go run endless sets forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Any tips for how I should handle fireballs and other long range attacks with Birdie? The glide is slow and jumping seems like a really bad idea most of the time.

If you do the slide on reaction at the fireballs on mid-long range you should go under them, it is pretty hard to time. I suggest learning the honest way of neutral jumping and blocking while slowly walking them into the corner, dolphin dive now and then

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cams posted:

lol i will lose the laura mirror to laura's who are waaaaaaaaaay worse than me. every time i play a laura, i feel like i am playing the character completely wrong, despite winning way more than i lose. other laura's just seem to press buttons all day with no cares in the world. blech. so salty.

i really need to learn some actual combos and resets with her, but i just wanna get to gold rank so i can not touch ranked for a long time and go run endless sets forever

I think Laura is supposed to be played like a nut character, just do poo poo until people prove they can stop it. People say Abel, I'm starting to think she's T.Hawk.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Laura's got a little Makoto too if you ask me. You gotta make hard reads.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

Laura's got a little Makoto too if you ask me. You gotta make hard reads.
laura is 80% hard reads. really i think my whining there is more about how i just feel so powerless punishing stuff. the ONLY button i feel safe hitting after i block something is stand jab, which has garbage range and leads to very little. people can just hit buttons against me and i gotta take a lot of chances to stop them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the top 10 for this game is pretty hilarious right now. 4 bisons, 2 dhalsims, 2 nashes, a mika (!), and pr balrog's vega.

bison is legit dumb.

cams fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 22, 2016

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm not sure if sharing names is a thing here, but I'd be down to play with some goons. I'm still learning Ryu as a starter character, but I've been picking it up pretty quickly.

I'm on as HiddenFactor on the PS4.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Verisimilidude posted:

I'm not sure if sharing names is a thing here, but I'd be down to play with some goons. I'm still learning Ryu as a starter character, but I've been picking it up pretty quickly.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765001&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verisimilidude posted:

Sent you an invite, did you get it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone have a good list of B&B combos for Cammy, or at least know if Bafael's video is still accurate? I'm really not feeling Ryu and am wondering if I wouldn't have a better time with a slightly more aggressive character.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I have a new thread ready for posting, just waiting for a mod. I think you guys will like it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

cams posted:

the top 10 for this game is pretty hilarious right now. 4 bisons, 2 dhalsims, 2 nashes, a mika (!), and pr balrog's vega.

bison is legit dumb.

I disagree. I think he just happens to be fleshed out and have multiple good options.

Like guile works 2 specials because he has good normals and the specials are good.

Laura and rashid don't have super solid either so they feel gimmicky.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Agoat posted:

I have a new thread ready for posting, just waiting for a mod. I think you guys will like it.

must have

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Capcops will never censor a butt

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Verisimilidude posted:

I gotta run, but good games!

You made a really good adjustment early on when you stopped jumping in at me. Just gotta work on your ground game a little and you'll be 90% of the way there!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Jmcrofts posted:

Sent you an invite, did you get it?

I think so! And I'll get myself set up on the SF spreadsheet, thanks!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does anyone have a good list of B&B combos for Cammy, or at least know if Bafael's video is still accurate? I'm really not feeling Ryu and am wondering if I wouldn't have a better time with a slightly more aggressive character.

The combos should still be correct, damage and stun values might be slightly off though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/evilaj2010/status/701161307525894145

Then. Now. Forever. DSP.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

cams posted:

bison is legit dumb.

The entire game feels legit dumb.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

I disagree. I think he just happens to be fleshed out and have multiple good options.

Like guile works 2 specials because he has good normals and the specials are good.

Laura and rashid don't have super solid either so they feel gimmicky.
meh. i have the same problem with him that i have with a few characters. they have a bunch of stuff that is "unsafe" technically, but laura can't punish any of it. really i just want them to give laura something to punish adequately. her fastest normals are all absolute poo poo and don't have the range to punish anything.

close to just playing chun so i can get to gold

LeninVS posted:

The entire game feels legit dumb.
i'm sorry you have to play it :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be fair to him, it was a really dumb move for capcom to have ranked be the only online format in sfv.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

cams posted:

meh. i have the same problem with him that i have with a few characters. they have a bunch of stuff that is "unsafe" technically, but laura can't punish any of it. really i just want them to give laura something to punish adequately. her fastest normals are all absolute poo poo and don't have the range to punish anything.

close to just playing chun so i can get to gold
i'm sorry you have to play it :(

He also has very weird safe stuff.

His fake overhead looking attack is not only safe but is included in a target combo, with no counter hit on 5MP can be slowed enough to get the fatal from the 3HP :shrug: yet rashid and laura rely on the enemy loving up lol.

But I also use bison so I'm happy.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

I think my boy Cobelcog just put a Cammy in that list though! But that is a lot of Bisons..

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

bison is legit dumb.

he's not dumb he's just not half baked like everyone outside the top 5 is after all the nerfs over the beta.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Instead of nerfs they should have given the cast more moves or something.

birdie has a decent set of tools too, well besides his command grabs. But his 2HP >HP anti air is still delicious

Also gently caress survival. I don't know about others but for low health characters its not just tedious but unfun.

It'd be less bad if you were given some HP each fight by default.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Any top tips for drilling anti air? I've got my "one button AA when they jump at you" down, but I really want to get in on the "meeting them in the air and making them sorry" game.

Is that just a question of pre-empting and going up first, or are there some top level tricks at play here?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Booyah- posted:

The combos should still be correct, damage and stun values might be slightly off though.

Cool, thanks. She seems a ton more fun to play than Ryu, so far.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Can someone give me a link to some Necalli resources?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
New thread is up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765346

• Locked thread