Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its that project reality kickstarter and the alpha is starting right after the kickstarter is over near the end of this month

i want to play with goons but i also dont want to organize it or make the topic about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hope whatever it is you're talking about is enjoyable. What is it anyway?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a game!!!!!!!!!!!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
wooooahhhh

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I don't think we're allowed to post about those here, sorry.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

The Pre-Alpha is pretty amazing already.
http://joinsquad.com/

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Just The Facts posted:

The Pre-Alpha is pretty amazing already.
http://joinsquad.com/
Is it, though? Is it?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I hope whatever it is you're talking about is enjoyable. What is it anyway?

Squad is an online multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The battlefield of Squad is built around organized teams using both the environment and the assets available within the game to wage a tactical battle against an opposing team. From role organization to base building to vehicle mechanics, teamwork amplifies the effectiveness of the tools at your disposal.

Supported by intuitive positional VOIP and navigation systems players will be able to maintain situational awareness and seamlessly interact with others. Dedicated chain of command channels and localised voice will be an effective tool for communication and organization.

Squad seeks to establish a culture of camaraderie that is unparalleled in competitive multiplayer shooters. This is a game where you can work together and coordinate with your team: players from around the world, often that you just met.

Squad will support up to 100 players in competitive multiplayer. This broad scope serves to immerse the player into a rich battle environment filled with challenges and opportunities. With teams of sufficient size, some players can perform supporting roles while leaving enough front-line combatants to provide fun and challenging gameplay across the full expanse of the battlefield.

A wide variety of support vehicles and aircraft will be included. Tanks and close support helicopters will spearhead a team’s assault into enemy lines while transport helicopters and APCs will provide much needed logistics and transportation support.

At the heart of Squad is our desire to let the player drive gameplay and define the objectives.

Commanders and squad leaders will be given the ability to shape the battlefield through construction of defensive and offensive fortifications as well as control of battlefield planning and supplemental combined arms assets.

Coupled with this, spawn dynamics will be affected by occupation of territories and level of supply each objective is receiving. Organized control of the battlefield will ensure a properly supported supply structure and pave the way for a strategic victory.

It’s all about teamwork.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Sounds like Project Reality, with the wonderful things like "you must be a gunner class to man a gun in a vehicle" and "you must be in a truck driver squad to drive a truck"

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I bought in at the lowest kickstarter tier, anyword when we will get access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Panzeh posted:

Sounds like Project Reality, with the wonderful things like "you must be a gunner class to man a gun in a vehicle" and "you must be in a truck driver squad to drive a truck"

Can you only team up with members of your squad? Gunner Squad vs. Truck Driver Squad would actually be an interesting conceit for a multiplayer game.

• Locked thread