Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hey everyone, i noticed some rumblings in the beer thread about how great it would be to have a thread about cooking with alcohol and figured you gonna talk about it or you gonna BE about it??

So here it is! Share all your favorite cooking tips and tricks when cooking with alcohol!

Beer wine liquor you name it, what do you like to do??

I like to use red wines as a marinade for a good tritip some times, it tastes delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

does sangria count as a food

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i boil my brats in beer

then i drink the hot beer

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Whats the best session meal to have? Endless Cheese-its with a constant dousing of coors light?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

goldfish and the banquet beer imo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I like to drink a couple small bottles of vanilla extract while I grill up some good furgs.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

goldfish and the banquet beer imo

That actually is a better idea

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
My neighbors do a think on their hibachi called "beer can chicken"? anyone ever heard of this?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

whoflungpoop posted:

My neighbors do a think on their hibachi called "beer can chicken"? anyone ever heard of this?

That's a little bit beyond the beginner type recipes you'll tend to find here whoflungpoop.

E: not to imply you were trying to skill-shame

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

in fact i do know of this

i have a redneck friend who does this pretty regularly on the grill and it's actually really loving tasty

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Beer-based stews > Wine-based stews

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Can you make a wine or beer stew or soup?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

whoflungpoop posted:

Can you make a wine or beer stew or soup?

I know you can make a beer fondue (saw a commercial for it now at AppleBees) which is kind of like a cheese soup, so I would say "YES"

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

I know you can make a beer fondue (saw a commercial for it now at AppleBees) which is kind of like a cheese soup, so I would say "YES"

i do beer fondue at home a lot i just skip the cheese and dunk saltines int hem very briefly (as to not compromise the structural integrity too much) then the crackers can hold a nice shaving of orange cheddar and a dab of ranch. A bit carb heavy but treat your self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
there's a fondue place near me that does a beer cheese fondue it's actually really dang tastey

• Locked thread