Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
My shoulders get destroyed by work. Any tips and techniques you guys have for self messages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

My shoulders get destroyed by work. Any tips and techniques you guys have for self messages?

You don't need to know how if I give you one, cutie

::wink:

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

Get a foam roller

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My sister is a physical therapist and recently got one of these:

Would recommend. Foam rollers are also good.

e: It's called a Body Back Buddy

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not a Children posted:

My sister is a physical therapist and recently got one of these:

Would recommend. Foam rollers are also good.

e: It's called a Body Back Buddy

your sister uses this for sex.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Lady Gaza posted:

Get a foam roller

I have one and it doesnt do a great job on shoulders, nice for legs though.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

My Physical Therapist recommended I get a lacrosse ball and use that between my shoulder muscles and a wall. It turns out that even a soft-rubber lacrosse ball will dent drywall if you REALLY lean into it; find a concrete or block wall.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

run yourself into a brick wall

Madbullogna
Jul 23, 2009
As above, get a lacrosse, tennis, other random ball to use. If you don't have access to a harder wall surface, then just lay down on the floor with it. Harder to manipulate it but will still do the trick. If you need cold therapy, use a frozen water bottle. (This is more effective for plantar fasciitis simply due to the shape of a bottle, but it's still a decent enough way to get pressure and cold at the same time).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mayne give grindr a go.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
I have this problem as well. Scoliosis S curve, had spinal fusion surgery on my lower back but the upper curve wrecks my right shoulder. My fiancee offers to massage it but it's drat hard to do because it needs a lot of pressure to actually get to the muscle.

JoelJoel posted:

Mayne give grindr a go.

What is a grinder? Because that sounds awesome. Moreso than the tennis ball I use against a wall right now.

Edit: ..Oh, you bastard.

Vagon fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I have a theracane, it's good. For sex too.

Vagon posted:

What is a grinder? Because that sounds awesome.
You have no idea

• Locked thread