Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
This season is severely lacking more Jamal scenes but it would all be forgiven if the daughter gets decapitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

How the gently caress did this show get a 3rd season?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
They killed off sexy gay indian prince-general in a throwaway scene as a part of a child kidnapping plot. This is like the worst of '24' all over again

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They killed off sexy gay indian prince-general in a throwaway scene as a part of a child kidnapping plot. This is like the worst of '24' all over again

I think if the show is going to go down the "Barry gets corrupted by the office and becomes his father" path, the general being killed in this particular way will be a very important moment for that arc. Removing him removes one more voice of reason from Barry's ear and gives an official, non-personal justification (whether the daughter lives or dies) for Barry to go scorched-earth on the Caliphate and its sympathizers.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I hope barry and his wife are stalked and killed by a puma.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Generic American posted:

If this show gets a third season, I will be shocked.

Dead Snoopy posted:

How the gently caress did this show get a 3rd season?

Reading these two posts together is more entertaining than the actual show tbh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKK.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Jennifer Finnigan is so loving good

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Been nice knowing ya, that whole entire part of the country. Have fun being a smoking crater in the earth.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I never picked up season 2 last summer after how mediocre season 1 was and now I'm thinking about catching up again, is it worth watching or should I just skip straight to season 3?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
watch season 2 while muti-taking, like folding laundry or vaccuming

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Two weeks of not terrible episodes. Still, there's a Jamal shaped hole.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Arbite posted:

Two weeks of not terrible episodes. Still, there's a Jamal shaped hole.

Eh, his over-the-top villainy was fun and his character at its core was interesting, but I feel like the show is better now than it's ever been.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ShakeZula posted:

Eh, his over-the-top villainy was fun and his character at its core was interesting, but I feel like the show is better now than it's ever been.

Yeah, now that they shipped dumb wife off to Germany and killed off a kid. Too bad it wasn't every-side-plot-revolves-around-me-being-gay kid instead though.

And what happened to the wife's sister? Remember her? She was annoying as gently caress so I assume they just got rid of her character, but it was weird not seeing her at all with the death of the kid.

The whole Barry is my dad but doesn't know it thing is cringe worthy but amusing.

Rooting for Jamal's wife in the end. Don't care about the other candidates and side plots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So it's this season worth watching? If not can someone just post pictures of Jamal's wife and her dresses?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

So it's this season worth watching? If not can someone just post pictures of Jamal's wife and her dresses?

If you liked the other seasons at all this one is worth watching. Unless you just loved Jamal, in which case no.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just 1 bomb?

The leadership of the Caliphate and you use one lousy bomb that blows up one small building?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Emma had as much screen time in this episode, after her death, as she had over the rest of the series put together.

Also yeah, it seems crazy that they were just looking at satellite video of the rest of the leadership out in the open in a seemingly isolated area and didn't just carpet bomb the place.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Americans bomb a wedding with no collateral damage this show is now straight up science fiction

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

So the show has basically been rebooted, where Barry and Molly are now the tyrants and not the good guys anymore. Oooook

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bout time there was some straught up tyranny.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

So the show has basically been rebooted, where Barry and Molly are now the tyrants and not the good guys anymore. Oooook

And it's actually been done pretty convincingly. I'm really enjoying the show this season.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

This is literally the show we were promised which the season 1 ending completely bailed on.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

MiddleOne posted:

This is literally the show we were promised which the season 1 ending completely bailed on.

Yeah cause Jamal was a much better tyrant and his actor was way better than Mr. Looks-Broody-Again Barry

Still rooting for Jamal's wife even though she's on ISIS's side or whatever. And banging some idiot, I hope he gets killed off soon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
http://deadline.com/2016/09/fx-cancels-tyrant-after-three-seasons-last-episode-airs-tonight-1201814556/

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Well, there really wasn't a point to the show after Jamal died.

Still, a shame.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The inevitable conclusion, but the real surprise is that it somehow got 3 entire seasons in the first place. Besides anyone in this thread, I don't know of a single person who has watched this. Not a single one of the reliable veteran TV critics I follow covers it, and have in fact asked the same question on my mind when it came back for a new season not once but twice - "Who is Tyrant even for?" :shrug:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sort of a tame series finale aside from the shooting in the square. You could feel that this was filmed with another year in mind.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
we did all just watch that minute of guilt sex right

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Great with Powers cancelled too now i am down to Queen of the South for my guilty pleasure TV show. Any thread for that on SA ?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FamDav posted:

we did all just watch that minute of guilt sex right

That was a pretty drat awkward scene.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That was a pretty good finale and a pretty good final season. Relatively.

The general's speech was what I'd have wanted more of from the show, and Molly's heel turn saved the character. Goodnight sweet Jamal, and a hymn of realpolitik sing thee to thy rest.

I wonder why they never explicitly revealed Barry smothered his father?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone wanna spoil how it ended for me? I don't wanna bing through the last season.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Bassam is the tyrant now.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
You'd think the producers would have ended the season with an actual ending - just in case they got whacked. It felt more like a next-to-last episode, meh.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
shows high note was when dude drove off a cliff and got his junk bit off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Keyser S0ze posted:

You'd think the producers would have ended the season with an actual ending - just in case they got whacked. It felt more like a next-to-last episode, meh.

For my part I was genuinely surprised it got cancelled. I don't personally know anyone else who watches it, but it's not like that was new, and I figured if it was getting near-weekly extra long episodes and uncensored "fucks" then it must have been considered worthwhile by someone in charge.

• Locked thread