Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
It's not bad though, it's just something my wife and I have been wondering about for a while. My wife has only been in the country about 6 years now, and she had no credit prior to that. I've never had anything detracting and I'm almost 800 on my score. However, she is at 815 despite never having a credit card before we got married. I'm wondering why her score is so high, and if it's supposed to be that way, then is it...well, valid? As in, if we go to buy a house soon, will that really come up for the people checking it? It's just so strange that she really has no history, but since being put on my card, her score has skyrocketed ABOVE mine. My guess would be credit inquries in the past, in that she has absolutely zero while I had a few although they were a long time in the past.

Experian had no information about why this might be happening, not that we are complaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The FICO model has been incredibly researched to the point that people have reverse engineered most of it (google the factors and explanations). Look at the factors and weights, and then look at a credit report that builds the score, and it should be pretty obvious where it is coming from.

To simplify, it's based on credit history, utilization, and age of accounts.

• Locked thread