Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Made some vegan corned beef using both frozen semi-firm tofu & regular refrigerated extra-firm tofu. Purple potatoes & carrots were from the farmers market, and the cabbage came from a coleslaw package I had left over. I did use one beet to "color" the water but I wasn't happy with the results so I added red food coloring... which still didn't do much.

Unfortunately I ran out of time to eat this so the entire batch I made will be delegated to meal prep for the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Fall Dog posted:

I got a new pizza oven insert for my smoker so decided to give it a try.

:eyepop:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
We've been cooking a bit, again.

Recent asian inspired meal, roasted eggplant and zucchini at 425 for about 45 minutes with a simple ponzu sauce, + dumplings and sweet brown rice.

Hamantashen! Used a shortbread recipe for the dough and it worked perfectly. Didn't love the pb & chocolate ones this time.

Mediterranean lentil soup, I'd say it came out almost Lebanese. Paired it with the Mediterranean salad below, plus some homemade pita chips sprinkled with zaatar.

Recent taco bowls, basically a staple.

our beloved instant pot minestrone:

pasta marinara with roasted eggplant & red onion, and a kalmata hummus mixed into the sauce to make it basically a creamy sauce.

home ramen bowls - nong shim makes plenty of vegan ones lately (thankfully). + kale/baked tofu

we made a pea spread to go with tempeh sandwiches, and it was delish.

Tonight I plan for black bean& plantain bowls.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Good poo poo. What’s the protein here? (I’m assuming that’s what the red stuff is)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kreeningsons posted:

Good poo poo. What’s the protein here? (I’m assuming that’s what the red stuff is)

Oh! That time it was the trader joes soy chorizo, but I like doing lentil tacos too. Specifically very similar to this (chorizo lentils) or I see someone reproduced the soy chorizo here, so I'll absolutely be testing that recipe/customizing as none of my family do much of this style with allspice or cinnamon, but absolutely cook with the rest.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Made soondubu jijgae for the week. My alteration was cooking the king oyster mushrooms & the zucchini separately by scoring them then searing it in a cast iron pan, which in the end was honestly for looks.

This was just a quick plating for internet pictures; a lot more was put into containers for work.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
That looks amaaaaaazing. Lots of other good stuff on this page too. I've been extremely sick for a couple weeks so not much cooking, but before that I made some Sri Lankan food:

Cauliflower

Green onion stir fry

Masoor dal

Okra

Fried rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Oh! That time it was the trader joes soy chorizo, but I like doing lentil tacos too. Specifically very similar to this (chorizo lentils) or I see someone reproduced the soy chorizo here, so I'll absolutely be testing that recipe/customizing as none of my family do much of this style with allspice or cinnamon, but absolutely cook with the rest.

thanks for this

I made the chorizo lentils using red lentils and ate them over brown rice with avocado and pineapple (dont judge)

very good, would make again. the recipe is aggressively spiced, would probably increase the lentils and broth by a bit