Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
hello my name is gregor kiczales. you may remember me from such works as The Art of the Metaobject Protocol and my 2002 Incredible Instructor Award from the UBC Department of Computer Science.

an anonymous user on RateMyProfessor.Com had this to say about me:

"There's certain people that have an immaculate ability to make you lose all passion and interest in a subject and Gregor does this with amazing efficiency. The course is demanding, the teaching method is strict with little freedom of technique and completely uninspiring for anyone considering to go into programming. Avoid if possible."

rude imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hi gregor

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
let me tell you about my 1987 Xerox PARC Excellence in Science and Technology Award

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
hi im the guy from mit that installe dthe more magic switch

pee poop poop fart doodoo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hello my name is gregor samsa. you may remember me from such works as The Metamorphosis. i was a giant depressed bug haha yospos bitch

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
do you think kafka would be a computer man if he was alive today?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

hello my name is gregor samsa. you may remember me from such works as The Metamorphosis. i was a giant depressed bug haha yospos bitch

welcome

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
imagine maintianing the sa forum software forever. pretty kafka esque existence.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

hello my name is gregor kiczales. you may remember me from such works as The Art of the Metaobject Protocol and my 2002 Incredible Instructor Award from the UBC Department of Computer Science.

an anonymous user on RateMyProfessor.Com had this to say about me:

"There's certain people that have an immaculate ability to make you lose all passion and interest in a subject and Gregor does this with amazing efficiency. The course is demanding, the teaching method is strict with little freedom of technique and completely uninspiring for anyone considering to go into programming. Avoid if possible."

rude imo

lol goldmine

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

do you think kafka would be a computer man if he was alive today?

only insofar as computers imprison your mind, body and whatever amounts to a soul. so yes.

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

pram posted:

lol, pram delivers. 5/5.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
hi my name is cliff and let me tell you about klein bottles,

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my name is Steve Jobs, and i created the iPhone

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.
Hi, I'm David Parker. I graduated with an associates in CS from Big Bone Lick technical college with a 2.1 GPA. I currently do desktop support for an electro-plating factory in rural eastern Kentucky. I hope some day to be able to make the minimum payment on my student loans. I contribute to CS discourse by posting on /r/pcmasterrace.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Wintering Stinkbug posted:

Hi, I'm David Parker. I graduated with an associates in CS from Big Bone Lick technical college with a 2.1 GPA. I currently do desktop support for an electro-plating factory in rural eastern Kentucky. I hope some day to be able to make the minimum payment on my student loans. I contribute to CS discourse by posting on /r/pcmasterrace.

ooc: don't roleplay yourself please.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had david huffman for intro to CS, he was kind of a jerk

e: I'm david huffman, I did one thing once and now I'm a cranky old man by the way we're switching from pascal to c this quarter, if you don't know c yet here's some busted libraries one of my grad students wrote in 1988

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm richard von neumann... sorry, i think i'm in the wrong room

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hi, I'm Hiram Percy Maxim. You're all sobbing women. Here's my machine gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

i'm richard von neumann... sorry, i think i'm in the wrong room

THE richard von neumann

whoa

• Locked thread