Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

The main one I think of is Bret Hart. They made a lot of plays for him but he always said no, whilst he appears at rinky dink shows because he loves the environment of wrestling. Makes you wonder how poo poo Bret thinks TNA is / was to never take their money, because he would have got a great pay day to appear for them for a year or two. Probably better off for his legacy never having CROSSED THE LINE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Taker, Shawn, HHH, Kane.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Rocky Maivia

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
Owen Hart

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Patriot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ron Simmons

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Mr. America

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sid was supposed to go a few years ago but didn't.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sushipants posted:

Mr. America

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CoolCat posted:

The main one I think of is Bret Hart. They made a lot of plays for him but he always said no, whilst he appears at rinky dink shows because he loves the environment of wrestling. Makes you wonder how poo poo Bret thinks TNA is / was to never take their money, because he would have got a great pay day to appear for them for a year or two. Probably better off for his legacy never having CROSSED THE LINE!

Bret Hart never appeared in TNA but he did appear in WWA, which was a proto TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9g1J-xCLrA

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sushipants posted:

Mr. America

Err Mr. America is clearly a major wrestler of the 00's

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Chris Jericho, Goldberg.

Other recognizable names that I thought they may have been but were never there: Meng, Barbarian, Scott Norton, Virgil, Ted DiBiase, Kidman, Reckless Youth, Greg Valentine...

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Mark Henry

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Numero6 posted:

Chris Jericho, Goldberg.

Other recognizable names that I thought they may have been but were never there: Meng, Barbarian, Scott Norton, Virgil, Ted DiBiase, Kidman, Reckless Youth, Greg Valentine...

Jericho technically appeared in TNA as they aired a Fozzy music video although he obviously never signed, wrestled or appeared in the Impact Zone.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I was about to say Savage and DDP, but didn't they show up for like, two weeks a piece?

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013
Randy Savage had his last in-ring match in TNA.

That's like Raul Julia/Street Fighter levels of sadness without the added memes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

wizardstick posted:

That's like Raul Julia/Street Fighter levels of sadness without the added memes.

Raul Julia was at least wonderful in Street Fighter.

A psychotic egomaniac like Savage ending his career in TNA is fitting, especially the way he did it.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Paul Wight never crossed the line.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Tbh this thread would probably be better titled "midcard 90s wrestlers who didn't appear in TNA"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wizardstick posted:

Raul Julia did that movie for his kids you heartless bastard

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Raul Julia did that movie for his kids you heartless bastard

That detracts nothing from the sadness of it.

I was going to ask about Curt Hennig but then my brain dredged up the memory, and now I'm even sadder.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Tbh this thread would probably be better titled "midcard 90s wrestlers who didn't appear in TNA"

Like 90% of TNA's roster were the midcard of a bigger fed at some point.

wizardstick
Apr 27, 2013

Memento posted:

That detracts nothing from the sadness of it.

I was going to ask about Curt Hennig but then my brain dredged up the memory, and now I'm even sadder.

:-(

Wikipedia posted:

Hennig wrestled his last TNA match (and last ever) on January 8, defeating David Flair in a "Axehandle on a Pole match".

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
A comprehensive list of people who main evented WCW PPVs 1990-1999 who never appeared in TNA:

Sid Vicious (was in WWA)
Barry Windham
Tatsumi Fujinami
Arn Anderson
Ron Simmons
Steve Austin
Steve Williams
Genichiro Tenryu
Bunkhouse Buck
"The Butcher" Ed Leslie
The Giant
Chris Benoit
Kevin Greene
Dennis Rodman
Karl Malone
Jay Leno
The Warrior
Bret Hart
Stevie Ray
Goldberg

Honorable Mentions (they died before TNA started)
Brian Pillman
Rick Rude
Terry Gordy
Davey Boy Smith

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

I'm never going to forget how sad Hennig in TNA was. Meltzer's write-up of his first weekly PPV was something else. Brought this up before talking about TNA, but it went something like "Curt Hennig showed up, said he was 35 and in the best shape of his life. This was pretty carny for a guy who is 44 and the shell of the shell of what I used to be."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

:negative: A Russo specialty match

• Locked thread