Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

Long, long ago, in a forgotten era known only in whispers as 'The Early 90s', there existed a conduit by which the gods could communicate the splendor of all creation, and this device was called a Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Seeking to become an acolyte, one young boy sought to conquer the SNES through the vessel of playing the poo poo out of Capcom's Aladdin for the SNES.

And thusly, the boy did play and play, that is until he got to the lava level, at which point he promptly gave up and played with a rock in his backyard. Years passed, and the boy grew into a slightly bigger boy who had no time for little ol' platforming games. Then one day, the boy watched Aladdin while waiting for his hot pocket to finish cooking, and like a bolt of lightning had struck him, he instantly remembered that he never got past the lava level, and he got kinda pissed off man. The very next day, he set out to battle destiny itself, and at least get to the Genie's level.

Released in 1993, Aladdin is a classic platformer based off of the famous 1992 animated feature of the same name. Featuring fantastic graphics, tight controls, a catchy soundtrack, and some of the most memorable platforming challenges of the SNES era, this game was a commercial and critical success. It was that rare occurrence of a licensed game that was made with great attention to detail.

Semi-Blind LP w/ save states, played all at once from beginning to end and edited by stage progression. Lots of swearing, real talk.

AdamSandlerRobocop fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

Part 2

DetectiveDorian
Feb 17, 2013

Rau's about to go Big Brother Barbarian on some motherfuckers, that's for sure.
I don't think I like the intro. I was on a different tab when the video came up and I thought something was wrong with my headphones.

Also, I don't think intros are good ideas in general for LPs, since a simple "Hello and welcome (welcome back) to X" would suffice, but that's just my opinion.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

DetectiveDorian posted:

I don't think I like the intro. I was on a different tab when the video came up and I thought something was wrong with my headphones.

Also, I don't think intros are good ideas in general for LPs, since a simple "Hello and welcome (welcome back) to X" would suffice, but that's just my opinion.

I tried watching the first video. I almost closed it when I saw there was an intro, because those are usually a sign of a bad LP. But I decided to give it a try anyway and looked around the rest of a video a bit. What I got was random screaming. And then I closed the tab.

If I wanted screaming I'd go watch idiots like pewdiepie. I expect slightly more sane commentary for an SA LP.

Drummond Bass
Apr 13, 2007

You would do well to make test posts in the LP sandcastle first before you make a thread, maybe consider looking at some highly regarded LPs to see what sort of content is valued by the community. Right now you're leaving a lot to be desired, there's not much in the way of interesting or informative content, and your editing is getting in the way of your narrative. On a personal note I'm not sure your style of humour is going to gel with a wider audience - it sounds like you haven't been trying your material on many people, if you follow. I foresee a lot of issues you'd need to resolve before I would consider following this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sometimes i also like to draw black people with huge pink lips OP

• Locked thread