Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Problem description: I just got done building my new computer and everything works except my 1TB WD isn't showing up. As seen here:

Attempted fixes: I tried switching the Sata ports around to see if that was the issue, and I noticed the Hard Drive itself is showing up in the BIOS. I tried to find a way to make a partition but I have no clue how on this motherboard. (I think this is the issue)

Recent changes: See above. I just built this thing. :)

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1

System specs: I think what is important here is the Motherboard I am using is an ASRock H97M Pro4. But just in case:

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. I think the issue lies within making a partition on the Hard Drive itself. But From the boot I have zero clue on how to do this. Googled "How to install 2nd Hard drive on an H97M Pro4" and I basically get this: ftp://66.226.78.21/manual/H97M%20Pro4.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
My first guess would be to check your MB drivers, and make sure those are up to date. Since it's recognized in BIOS, it's probably not the cable or port.

Does the drive show up in Disk Management? You can get there from "Administrative Tools"->"Computer Management"->"Disk Management" in Control Panel. You should be able to partition from there if it shows up.

edit: Left out a step on the path to Disk Management.

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 14, 2015

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

InevitableCheese posted:

My first guess would be to check your MB drivers, and make sure those are up to date. Since it's recognized in BIOS, it's probably not the cable or port.

Does the drive show up in Disk Management? You can get there from "Administrative Tools"->"Computer Management"->"Disk Management" in Control Panel. You should be able to partition from there if it shows up.

edit: Left out a step on the path to Disk Management.

Holy poo poo! Thank you!

It worked!

Solved! Thank you so much!

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 14, 2015

• Locked thread