Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

We’re still awaiting the first OLED iPhone to ship with the iPhone X in less than a month, and new rumors are surfacing about a future iPhone with a foldable display. According to The Bell (via The Investor), Apple is working with LG and not Samsung to create an iPhone with a foldable OLED panel. The report suggests that Apple’s rivalry with Samsung and concern over leaking may be a deciding factor in choosing suppliers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
my fav sa new bug is the one where i dont get an unread count for this thread anymore

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

my fav sa new bug is the one where i dont get an unread count for this thread anymore

the haunting spreads

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

the haunting spreads

the google thread is cursed too

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/jguynn/status/918138899972497408

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

poty posted:

i thought i noticed that. marked the thread as un-read and then clicked back to mark it read, and so far i think it's back to normal? haven't been many posts though so maybe it will break again after a certain amount like with the microsoft thread

:iiam:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

the google thread is cursed too

in awful.app, if I click on "last post" it goes to it, but the default behavior of going to the first unread post doesn't work anymore in this thread and the android thread.

radium :argh:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
ghost steve was here

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

poty posted:

oh hey i have this bug too

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

apple music has gone rogue on me

poty
Jun 21, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

i thought i noticed that. marked the thread as un-read and then clicked back to mark it read, and so far i think it's back to normal? haven't been many posts though so maybe it will break again after a certain amount like with the microsoft thread

:iiam:

yeh this seems to work

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I did it. I got an iPhone SE, and its perfect.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ur just forestalling the inevitable

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
god drat high Sierra is a mess

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
in which apple osborn's themselves with a product they can't actually deliver - oh the hubris of timb

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Agile Vector posted:

ur just forestalling the inevitable

If in a couple years I can replace this SE with an iPhone X style phone in the SE’s external dimensions, timb will have done a good jerb

Tech journalist is myopic AF? Color me surprised

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 13, 2017

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
gizmodo article, didn’t read.

remember when gizmodo published an article about apple’s “gestapo”? here, let me link you

https://gizmodo.com/5427058/apple-gestapo-how-apple-hunts-down-leaks

we had a good laugh at that one. literally zero percent of that article is true.

and then they stole an iPhone 4 prototype and the author of that article fled the country because he was afraid Apple was going to get him

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
itunes is easily the worst piece of software i have installed on my windows 10 pc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

iphone xs will be pronounced "tennis"

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Although YouTube’s player doesn’t make it readily apparent that its videos work with Picture-in-Picture, it’s quite easy to enable the handy feature for all of your favorite YouTube videos on Safari.

How to enable Picture-in-Picture for YouTube videos

Step 1: Right click on the YouTube video that you wish to detach

Step 2: Once the menu appears, right-click once more to reveal a second menu and then click Enter Picture-in-Picture

The video will now detach, and you’ll be able to enjoy watching it using Picture-in-Picture mode.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

sorry I know y'all been waiting on my 2017 MacBook Pro review 15" with touch bar and sorry to keep y'all waiting but it takes time

the trackpad is too loving big

the USB ports are too loving small, can't fit poo poo in there

the arrow keys... what happened here Tim? Jony? Phil?

the keyboard is weird!

I guess I don't miss the real world tangible tactile escape key as much as I thought I would

boy I'm sure going to need quite a few dongles

it cost too drat much

touch bar is a gimmick

I have 14 days to decide whether I'm keeping this abomination

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
my rental car for vacation supports CarPlay and holy poo poo is it a night and day difference compared to the dumpster fire that is OEM Dashboard Computing

30 FPS rendering, voice recognition that works, doesn’t play A-Punk every time you plug your phone in

of course CarPlay/Android Auto are disabled by default and unless you dive into ‘Projection’ settings you’d just be living with the hell that is Chevrolet MyLink

poty
Jun 21, 2008

AWWNAW posted:

sorry I know y'all been waiting on my 2017 MacBook Pro review 15" with touch bar and sorry to keep y'all waiting but it takes time

the keyboard is weird!

I guess I don't miss the real world tangible tactile escape key as much as I thought I would

it cost too drat much

touch bar is a gimmick

what are you gonna do buy a windows laptop instead? lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

AWWNAW posted:

the keyboard is weird!

it cost too drat much

touch bar is a gimmick

the big trackpad is weird but over time it’s become the best thing I enjoy about this laptop

the rest, you’re absolutely correct, except maybe the escape key. I began hating the lack of a physical escape key about 2 months in

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
better start queueing up now if you want an iphone x before the middle of next year

quote:

First iPhone X batch reportedly only contains 46,500 units

Reports detailing the first shipment of Apple's $999 iPhone X claim there will be even fewer devices to go around than originally expected. According to a Digitimes' report that references news from the Chinese outlet Xinhuanet.com, Apple's manufacturer Foxconn recently began shipping the first round of iPhone Xs to various countries, but that first batch only includes 46,500 devices.
Further Reading

The iPhone X's initial shipment is much lower than previous iPhone models, and some reports suggest the holdup is due to the new TrueDepth camera. This technology is responsible for new features in the iPhone X including FaceID and animoji. According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, the TrueDepth camera's structure is "far more complex" than those on competing devices, making it harder for Foxconn to mass-produce the iPhone X. Nikkei Asian Review speculates the biggest production challenges surround the dot projector, which projects over 30,000 on the user's face to create a depth map to enable FaceID, animoji, and other features.

Foxconn has reportedly increased iPhone X production to 400,000 units per week, a big jump from its previous supply of 100,000 units per week. However, it's unlikely that Foxconn will be able to keep up with demand for the new iPhone. The new iPhone 8 and 8 Plus handsets are already available for purchase and have been selling modestly, but it's likely that many customers willing to pay $999 or more for the unique iPhone X are holding out.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/first-iphone-x-batch-reportedly-only-contains-46500-units/

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
iTunes Match is loving broken and it’s stupid as poo poo god damnit Apple

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

new thred https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837686

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

thread gay so what