Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Maintenance happened and we have a new event.

Spring Story Event

quote:

Spring Story Event

Event Period: 3/5/2024 - 3/26/2024
Talk to the Strange Traveler to start the quest. Run normal, Red Moon, or raid battles to get "Picnic Basket Ingredients". Limit 20 per character per week. Bring 15 ingredients to the Traveler to get rewards. There are three rewards: A 30-Day Reilly's Toy, a "Spring Hat Outfit Destiny Box", and a title. It's an alright event, I guess. Easy to get the rewards at least once if you're already farming Golden Tickets.

UPDATE: I have discovered that picnic basket ingredients are dropped by bosses, not battles. You can cheese this event by running battles with lots of bosses. Five Spider Brothers, Interdimensional Invasion, and the like. It doesn't have to be painful.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's another letter from Allanon. This one's long!

quote:

[Letter from Allanon] Expertise Update (Intention and Changes)

Hello, This is DEV Allanon.

The Vindictus Team has received extensive feedback from our users regarding the Max Level Expansion and Expertise Update.

Thoroughly reviewing the feedback provided an opportunity to assess whether the planned update is on the right track.

Before delving into the details, it's necessary to explain the intention behind the Expertise update.

Additionally, I would like to address the changes we’ve made based on the feedback from our users.

[INTENTION FOR EXPERTISE UPDATE]

The intention for the expertise update can be elaborated in three main aspects:

1. We aim to make the circulation of materials more fluent by expanding the usage of expertise and farming processes.

As valuable materials are concentrated in top-tier battles, we intend to adjust the value of lower-tier battles through the update.

We expect to create a more enriching gaming environment by providing motivation to users enjoying top-tier battles and inducing play patterns such as targeting specific battles for needed items.

We're also considering developing a feature that allows players to selectively remove the crafter's name, as previously discussed.

2. We are planning to gradually change the gameplay pattern to reduce play fatigue and require less playtime.

In line with recent gaming trends, we want our users to enjoy Vindictus with a lighter heart than before.

To achieve this, we plan to change and adjust the playtime structure more efficiently, resulting in better outcomes.

We anticipate that the ‘Core Boost System’ will lead the intended changes, with increased synergy expected from this system in line with the first intention mentioned.

Additionally, for players who prefer longer playtimes, we felt it necessary to adjust the advantages of playing sub-characters.

3. With the diminishing importance of communication, we intend to activate more interaction between users through Expertise.

As an online game, playing with others is unavoidable.

However, due to recent declines in competition and cooperation, there is a concern that interacting with one another may seem awkward in Vindictus.

While the expertise update may not be the perfect solution, we hope it will serve as a stepping stone for positive change.

[MODIFICATION FOR PLANNED EXPERTISE UPDATE]

Firstly, top-tier expertise will remain shareable across accounts.

Crafting will also be possible with shared top-tier expertise.

This means a single character will be able to use all top-tier expertise and engrave the same crafter's name on items.

Also we are planning to develop an function to delete the crafter name as well.

Secondly, material refinement needed for crafting will be possible through both expertise crafting and NPC crafting.

Thirdly, we plan to introduce an expertise transfer system for players currently investing time and effort into upgrading expertise proficiency.

Transfer between characters meeting certain requirements such as level will be possible.

During the transfer, the title related to the expertise will also be transferred.

However, top-tier expertise will not be transferable, and only expertise proficiency up to 399 will be eligible for transfer.

In summary, regarding the update to top-tier expertise following the max level expansion, a single character will not be allowed to learn all top-tier expertise, but sharing will be permitted between characters within the same account.

However, shared expertise will only be allowed to craft equipment for its own use, and crafting for other characters will be precluded.

We understand that the change itself may not be discomforting for our Mercenaries.

However, we recognize the need for corrections if the change results in significant profit or loss depending on the situation.

We are sincerely grateful for the feedback provided by the Mercenaries.

Some Mercenaries may agree with the above intentions, while others may not.

We understand that these concerns stem from a love for the game Vindictus.

Therefore, both myself and all members of the Vindictus team will do our best to proceed with the update with great care.

Thank you.
I don't know what to make of this letter. It seems a bit disjointed in spots. I think he wants people to interact with more of the content, but he doesn't want people to have to spend as much time interacting with the content. He wants to encourage cooperation through trading expertise crafting, but he doesn't want to force players to help each other by crafting. Or something. I don't know. I guess we should just be glad he's listening and talking to the players.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 8, 2024

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and the gremlin race event is back.

Check-In and check it out

Log in for thirty minutes each day to get free stuff. AP caps and runes and shards and cosmetics and potions and elixirs. You know, the usual.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I just found out you can play the "Vindictus: Defying Fate" alpha.

The Steam page

Go down and click "Request Access" and you'll (probably) be approved immediately. I'm watching a Vindi streamer play it and it seems fun. Audience seems to agree this is more Souls-like than Vindi, which some of you might prefer.

UPDATE: lmao

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 14, 2024

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

Souls-like

My curiosity has been deleted.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I tried the alpha playtest out: not too shabby! Pretty much puts you in a standard dungeon experience where you go through a gnoll camp as either Fiona or Lann and plow through some mobs, fight a boss, plow through more mobs, fight a boss, etc. I didn't make it all the way through as the game started to get performance issues with the third boss, but overall combat felt pretty nice and the enemies had a decent amount of patterns to mix things up. Yes, there is a "bonfire" in-between boss encounters that refills your health potions, but I'd hardly say that makes it souls-like: feels very much like Vindictus, it's just that instead of the dungeon ending after one boss fight, it goes on and thus needs some sort of checkpoint. Speaking of, you can switch between outfits on the fly, and it's definitely very Vindictus with where their priorities lie: Fiona gets like 8 of them (including crop-top cat-ears-hoodie, as seen in the screenshot) whereas Lann gets like 3 similar suits of armor. As said, overall promising and nice, but I was a bit bummed out that they didn't have any of the wacky physics that Vindictus had, like throwing javelins or being able to grapple and throw pots or enemies around: I know it wasn't used that much but it was a nice unique bit of flavor.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 16, 2024

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

We need the javelins back at least, those were important raid mechanics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o25_6i4jS2k

Maintenance happened and we have a balance patch and new events.

Update 3.10

quote:

Ver. 3.10 Update

Table of Contents

1. Character Balance Adjustment
2. Items
3. Battle
4. Redeemers Changes
5. Misc.
1. Devs say they're doing a mini-patch now but the real balance update will be next month. Assume any changes made now will be revised next month if they screw with a character's effectiveness too much.
  • Lann - Gliding Fury and Absolute Fury now have iframes
  • Spellsword Arisha - Crystal Burst does more damage, and Crystal Burst and Ether Zone recover more Stamina when they hit enemies
  • Spellwhip Arisha - Ult lasts for a second longer. Yay, I guess.
  • Sword Vella - Ult lasts for a second longer. gently caress yes.
  • Delia - Full Moon now has iframes. For those who have trouble remembering, Full Moon is an active skill that can also be activated as a counter after blocking. Note that Full Moon only has iframes when used as a counter. Using the skill directly doesn't give iframes. Very important.
  • Miri - Dragon transformation now costs 300 SP, down from 500. They've also knocked a few minutes off of the cooldown so you can possibly use it more than once in longer battles. In battles where the transformation animation isn't auto-skipped, trying to dodge will skip it.
  • Charon - Star Fall, the skill Charon can use on downed bosses, can now be activated when Arisha or sword Vella hit a boss with their ults
  • Kai - Prey Drive can now be used when Arisha or sword Vella hit a boss with their ults
2. Many old titles are easier to earn. Always good to make things easier, but I'm especially glad that the requirements for the party feather and campfire titles have been reduced. Finally, a bunch of titles from fighting doppelgangers in Resenlian's Labyrinth are now in the Ancient Title Destiny Box.

3. They fixed a specific bug in Bres where Kai turns invisible during the instakill cutscene. They've also adjusted the HP levels of the enemies in Paradise Crossed, that stupid solo battle where you fight a bunch of mini-Ragnahims. Now they should be way easier to kill.

4. Completing the Laura Redeemer raid will now give 25% completion progress. You can also get Rookie Redeemer in Laura. Finally, they've reduced the win counts required to earn Redeemer seals or unlock Full Force from 50 to 30.

5. Fixed an issue with post-revival invulnerability. Removed the Triumph Medal Exchange Shop. Added a setting to turn off the music, sound effects, and puppies in Colhen. TP Potions now go to the NX tab.

Obligatory login event

quote:

WELCOME to the Mercenary Outpost
They put all of the information in images. I hate it when they do that. Anyway, log in to get freebies. Hot Time is also on, with 1.5x exp. 2x AP, and extra drops on weekends. There's also the usual Redeemer event going on, with the extra Rookie Redeemer and bonus box.

My missions are too strong for you, Traveler

quote:

Returning Traveler's Vending Machine

Event: 3/26/2024 - 4/23/2024 (4 Weeks)

Exchange Shop: 3/26/2024 - 4/30/2024 (5 Weeks)
For the most part, it's the usual vending machine event. Every week each character on your account can log in to get tokens. You can then spend the tokens on missions to complete to earn coupons. In addition to Limited missions, which can be purchased once per week, they've added Special missions that can only be completed once per event. All of the Special missions overlap with Regular missions and are there to provide bonus rewards. Speaking of rewards: they all seem the same. Outfit clone box, 100% enchant, shards, runes, superior enhancement elixirs, reforge mats, steels.

Die Dyewood

quote:

Ampoule Collecting Dyewood! Event

Event Period: 3/26/2024 - 4/23/2024
Dyewood event is back. This time around he shows up in Red Moon, normal raids, and [Special] raids. Kick his rear end to get Dyewood's Dye and use the Cooking expertise to turn them into dye ampoules. Everything costs gold to make and even the crappiest ampoule takes a shitload of Dyewood Dyes to make. Still not a great event.

The GM Coin event is back

quote:

GM Coin Event Season 4

Event Period: 3/26/2024 - 1/21/2025

Exchange Shop: 3/26/2024 - 1/28/2025

GM Coin Season 4 is here!

GM Coins can be obtained by participating in events held on Discord and social platforms.

You can earn coins as Participation Rewards and Special Rewards.

The Special Reward will be a bonus provided to the participants who achieve outstanding results in events.

GM Coins can be traded for rewards at the in-game Exchange Shop.

Season 4 GM Coins you earn will expire on 1/28/2025 before maintenance.

And here's the first GM Coin event

quote:

GM Coin Season 4: Spring Cleaning Event

Event Period: 3/26/2024 (Tue) after weekly maintenance - 4/23/2024 (Tue) before weekly maintenance

It's time for a big inventory spring cleaning!

Cleaning is never fun, but time flies when you find things that remind you of good times or that you forgot you owned!

Check if you have any old items or ones you forgot you had in Vindictus, and show them off!
Dig through your characters' inventories and take screenshots of old stuff. Then post about it on the Discord. Like, if you have items from the days when Vindi had crossovers? I got a headcrab and a crowbar. Those are cool. I could take pictures. If more than sixty people post pictures like that, everybody gets GM Coins. If not, only the people who submitted pictures will get coins.