Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

JfishPirate posted:

He went on to bigger and better things:

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

President Gravel slams his fist on the desk.
"I don't give a hot gay gently caress what congress says!
LEGALIZE WEED DUDE!!!!1"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

President Gravel slams his fist on the desk.
"I don't give a hot gay gently caress what congress says!
LEGALIZE WEED DUDE!!!!1"
lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Not a lot of Carlymentum yet, I hope she spends an inordinate amount of money on this thing before she gives up.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
carly bad

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

SpeedGem posted:

At Hewlett-Packard Fiorina was responsible for the ill-fated merger with Compaq, as well as firing nearly 30,000 employees and sending tens of thousands of jobs oversea. Never lacking in chutzpa, Fiorina celebrated the latter coup as “Right Shoring.” Things got so bad for H-P that in 2002, Arianna Packard, granddaughter of founder David Packard joined with Bill Hewlett, Walter Hewlett’s son, in a proxy fight to oust Fiorina. That moved failed, but in 2005, Fiorina was finally fired, and given a $20-million dollar settlement to just go away. In response H-P’ stock price bounced back by 10% in a single day. About Fiorina’s service at H-P Arianna Packard wrote, “I know a little bit about Carly Fiorina, having watched her almost destroy the company my grandfather founded.”

yeah she seems like a good lady.
She represents to me (much moreso than Trump, which many people think the same thing about) the accelerationists' candidate of choice

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

PrBacterio posted:

She represents to me (much moreso than Trump, which many people think the same thing about) the accelerationists' candidate of choice

trump is a hothead who could easily bring about the end of the world if president but his actuals policies probably wouldnt be thaaat bad. carly would drive the us into the ground in months and then sell the whole thing to the chinese for pennies

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I took that isidewith political quiz and she scored lowest for me out of all the GOP contenders, and also a couple points lower than crazed Vermont Grandpa hippy communist, so I don't take her seriously and am glad she's probably going to be shut out of the Top 10 debate.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Chris Christie posted:

I took that isidewith political quiz and she scored lowest for me out of all the GOP contenders, and also a couple points lower than crazed Vermont Grandpa hippy communist, so I don't take her seriously and am glad she's probably going to be shut out of the Top 10 debate.
Even for an insane right-wing troll that doesn't make any sense, I can't even begin to imagine what sort of answers you could possibly have entered into that poll to get that kind of result :psyduck: Out of interest, which candidate came out as your best matched one and at what percentage?

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PrBacterio posted:

Even for an insane right-wing troll that doesn't make any sense, I can't even begin to imagine what sort of answers you could possibly have entered into that poll to get that kind of result :psyduck: Out of interest, which candidate came out as your best matched one and at what percentage?

Rand Paul 86%

EDIT - I am not planning on voting for Rand Paul in my state's GOP primary.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Chris Christie posted:

Rand Paul 86%
Huh, I see. Weird, in that case I would have expected a hard-core "pro-business" candidate like Carly to be much higher on your list. Still seems weird to me how you can have her anywhere near Bernie on your list considering how diametrically opposite they are in terms of the policies they represent. Who DO you plan on voting for in the primary, if you don't mind my asking?

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PrBacterio posted:

Huh, I see. Weird, in that case I would have expected a hard-core "pro-business" candidate like Carly to be much higher on your list. Still seems weird to me how you can have her anywhere near Bernie on your list considering how diametrically opposite they are in terms of the policies they represent. Who DO you plan on voting for in the primary, if you don't mind my asking?

No clue. It's too far away. I am unironically on board with Trump's campaign right now though. Despite the media hooplah, he's not some far-right-winger. He's a centrist.

If it helps, I voted for Newt in 2012 because I like his politics, and because he was literally one of only two men on the face of the planet who had both served as Speaker of the House (the ACTUAL power behind the federal budget), AND seen the house pass balanced budgets during his leadership tenure. The other was Hastert, who simply inherited Newt's progress and also happens to ALLEGEDLY be both a financial criminal and also a pedophile.

I'm open to Trump, Bush, Carson, and Rand Paul at the moment. Rubio is an absolute no from me because I don't find him very bright, more of a talking point repeater. Cruz is an absolute no from me because he actually is what Trump is accused of being - all about himself. Perry is an absolute no from me because he is actually stupid. Walker is an absolute no from me because he is too far right against labor/unions and also a madman who has already assured us on day one he'll scrap the Iran deal AND be ready to go to war. Huckabee is an absolute no because he's a theocrat and it's the 21st century. Kasich is an absolute no because he is Wall-Street banker scum and should be hanging from a lamp-post in lower Manhattan along with Jaime Dimon and the rest of the gang.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I miss Newt.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Chris Christie posted:

No clue. It's too far away. I am unironically on board with Trump's campaign right now though. Despite the media hooplah, he's not some far-right-winger. He's a centrist.

If it helps, I voted for Newt in 2012 because I like his politics, and because he was literally one of only two men on the face of the planet who had both served as Speaker of the House (the ACTUAL power behind the federal budget), AND seen the house pass balanced budgets during his leadership tenure. The other was Hastert, who simply inherited Newt's progress and also happens to ALLEGEDLY be both a financial criminal and also a pedophile.

I'm open to Trump, Bush, Carson, and Rand Paul at the moment. Rubio is an absolute no from me because I don't find him very bright, more of a talking point repeater. Cruz is an absolute no from me because he actually is what Trump is accused of being - all about himself. Perry is an absolute no from me because he is actually stupid. Walker is an absolute no from me because he is too far right against labor/unions and also a madman who has already assured us on day one he'll scrap the Iran deal AND be ready to go to war. Huckabee is an absolute no because he's a theocrat and it's the 21st century. Kasich is an absolute no because he is Wall-Street banker scum and should be hanging from a lamp-post in lower Manhattan along with Jaime Dimon and the rest of the gang.

all republican candidates should be hanging from a lamp post

hth

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
This Tucker Carlson cosplayer on my Facebook I went to high school with who is basically the personification of Rick Perry's glasses won't stop posting Fiorina-related nonsense. Are the "not one of THOSE Republicans" idiots supporting her or something?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

TheScott2K posted:

This Tucker Carlson cosplayer on my Facebook I went to high school with who is basically the personification of Rick Perry's glasses won't stop posting Fiorina-related nonsense. Are the "not one of THOSE Republicans" idiots supporting her or something?

Is anyone supporting her, really?

No I'm curious, I have no idea who even her vestigial base is supposed to be.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Captain_Maclaine posted:

corpses of former HP employees

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Donors who actually want someone else to win, but want a woman around to attack Clinton.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

People who are shorting treasury bonds

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Top City Homo posted:

corpses of former HP employees

I think most of those would actually be anyone-but-Carly, from what I've heard about her time at HP

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

point of return posted:

I think most of those would actually be anyone-but-Carly, from what I've heard about her time at HP

stuffed ballots of so many dead employees that they would win her the election

hth

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
SURGING in the polls and now ON the main debate stage for the CNN debate, where Trump will surely slur her and outrage America.

There are no breaks on the Demon Sheep bandwagon.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Top City Homo posted:

stuffed ballots of so many dead employees that they would win her the election

hth

yeah all that would do is make dead employees rise from the grave to avoid saying or doing anything in her favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

carly bad, so what

• Locked thread