Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't agree with Consistent Life Ethicists but at least they have integrity in their beliefs.

I'm especially weary of people who want exceptions for children of rape. Basically, they want to justify what they call "a murder" based on the circumstances under which the child was conceived. If you honestly believe that abortion is murder, that's pretty despicable.

Of course, this, in my mind, goes to show that, while abortion is not a pleasant thing (I don't think any pro-choice person, myself included, really likes abortions, they just want them to be legal and readily available), it's really not actual murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

More or less, out of the sheer number of things pro-lifers could support to protect the sanctity of life always seem to stick to the ones that limit women to the breeding possessions of men
This is not how they frame their goals to themselves... Though I agree it is the outcome. To them they're supporting a 'traditional way of life.'

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
So, in lieu of any other thread for it, does this whole #WomenBetrayed thing seem like it came together a little too fast to anyone else?

It feels like this whole circus was planned way ahead of time to give Carson and Cruz somewhere to stand while they pander to their base.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Anti-abortion people are loving nuts.

A very religious conservative (wisconsin lutheran or some poo poo) coworker of mine said that even if he agreed with a candidate 100% on every other issue, he could not vote for them if they were pro-choice in any way.

Talk about religion putting a gun to your head.

Of course, he thinks fossils are in the earth as a 'trick' from satan to make us doubt that earth is only 6000 years old.

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

Nessus posted:

This is not how they frame their goals to themselves... Though I agree it is the outcome. To them they're supporting a 'traditional way of life.'

A traditional way of life has in the past involved men with multiple wives, men raping women as part of the spoils of war, and post natal infanticide if the baby showed signs of disability

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

quote:

The hackers say they attempted to deface Planned Parenthood's site or have it redirect to the hacker group's Twitter account. However, they were unable to accomplish this goal because, according to E, Planned Parenthood's website “backend is so terribly configured,” which thwarted their attempts to gain further administration access to the site.

So all they got was salted passwords, failed at defacing the site because security measures are doing what they're supposed to (or as they put it, the “backend is so terribly configured”), and they're parading it around in the media like it's some kind of meaningful breach by formidable hackers? loving lol at these clowns. I bet they left a trail all the way back to their mama's computer. Hell, the domain might have even been registered with real information, in which case the kid is royally hosed because UK hacking laws don't gently caress around.

snorch fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Mandy Thompson posted:

A traditional way of life has in the past involved men with multiple wives, men raping women as part of the spoils of war, and post natal infanticide if the baby showed signs of disability

The Good Ol' Days™ :allears:

• Locked thread