Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_cXN9O9ds

:patriot:

a good man

a cassandra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
He's a good man for helping Bill Clinton become president of the united states

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i want him to live in my dirty laundry basket

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hes my laundry elf i will tell visitors

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hes my laundry elf i will tell visitors

Ron Paul could fill in when Perot goes on vacation.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i just watched that debate and man perot really kicked their rear end. also that was possibly the least charismatic ive ever seen clinton, he was channeling hillary there

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i just watched that debate and man perot really kicked their rear end. also that was possibly the least charismatic ive ever seen clinton, he was channeling hillary there
he was the last prez candidate to get to election day on an outright working class appeal (never mind that it was phony)

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
for real though he was an embarrassment who had a simple unworkable solution to everything, he was like trump with manners

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Gazpacho posted:

for real though he was an embarrassment who had a simple unworkable solution to everything, he was like trump with manners

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
perot rescued his employees from Iran by using outside military contractors

he was genuine and a good guy to boot

NotWritten
Dec 13, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdeUyeO-JV0&t=85s

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
Love that first debate.

Clinton's opening statement:
...I represent real hope for change...

Some questions from the prized journalists:
-Mr. Perot, why do you want to PUNISH middle america with a 50 cent gas TAX?
-Mr. Clinton, what is a family?

Clinton and Bush try and stick to the script of Me Vs. Him until Bill wises up and ends up re-wording every one of Perot's responses.

The second debate highlights Ross' weakness as a candidate, he's so loving short and he can ramble.

The third they just laughably ignore him and ask garbage personal questions. Real lessons in media manipulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XEziSYRqhU
watch this to erase respect for gore(as if you needed it)

PEROT '92

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

He's a good man for helping Bill Clinton become president of the united states

It's weird this idea still persists when all the exit polls in swing states pointed to him siphoning votes from Clinton.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Top City Homo posted:

perot rescued his employees from Iran by using outside military contractors

he was genuine and a good guy to boot

Largely as he was, and is as far as I know, seriously obsessed with POW/MIA conspiracy theories, like to the tune of "Rambo: First Blood pt. 2 was a documentary"-level obsessed. Part of the reason he ran that year was to stick it to H.W. Bush as Bush'd been the one to tell him then-president Reagan wouldn't authorize a presidential inquiry into alleged surviving POWs in Southeast Asia.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

tsa posted:

It's weird this idea still persists when all the exit polls in swing states pointed to him siphoning votes from Clinton.

yeah this is basically a myth and exit polls showed at best an even split between D and R when Perot voters were asked what their second choice would have been

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But in your heart of hearts you still know its true

What I'm saying is that I want Donald J Trump to run third party and give the white house to a Clinton instead of a Bush

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
cant believe we are doing this poo poo again and another trade deal is being proposed that will destroy the economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

cant believe we are doing this poo poo again and another trade deal is being proposed that will destroy the economy

Perot was right about NAFTA, it basically gutted the US manufacturing sector in everything from cars to basic electronic parts.

• Locked thread