Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I also had that bookmarks error, but it started a few days ago. Reinstalling also fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

The data reset option fixed my timeout error :iiam:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The bookmarks error came back. :v: It actually pops up while I'm reading a thread. It doesn't seem to matter though.

Edit: Maybe because I have 17 pages of bookmarks now that the forums haven't been archiving for several years?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I think it might be complaining because it's unable to save the updated bookmarks. They stay in RAM, but if I cold start the app the bookmarks list is a really old refresh.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

CharlesM posted:

I think it might be complaining because it's unable to save the updated bookmarks. They stay in RAM, but if I cold start the app the bookmarks list is a really old refresh.

The "failed to get bookmarks" message is, more likely, a "failed to save" bookmarks message, which is why you see new bookmarks, but it won't save them beyond the first time it did.

I still can't reproduce that error, so I don't know why exactly it's happening. I'll look into it when I have a chance.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

So in light of Windows 10 Mobile being officially dead and Windows Phone officially being a failure, the mobile app (both release and beta) has stopped functioning yet the Windows 10 app works just fine. :iiam:

When I run the app, it gets to the splash screen and nothing really happens. I can see data activity on Wifi/Cellular but it just stays on the splash screen. If I switch to another app or the screen goes to sleep, I just get a black screen. No crashing or forced exits; just nothing.

Perhaps it's just time to move on.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Edward IV posted:

So in light of Windows 10 Mobile being officially dead and Windows Phone officially being a failure, the mobile app (both release and beta) has stopped functioning yet the Windows 10 app works just fine. :iiam:

When I run the app, it gets to the splash screen and nothing really happens. I can see data activity on Wifi/Cellular but it just stays on the splash screen. If I switch to another app or the screen goes to sleep, I just get a black screen. No crashing or forced exits; just nothing.

Perhaps it's just time to move on.

IMO your best bet would be "reset" the app (Apps and Features, Awful, Advance Options, Reset), to clear out the cache, as it's probably related to the database, forums cookie, or both. Or uninstall and reinstall.

Looking at Mobile Center, there are 100 people using it. 15 of them are on mobile. I haven't checked the `feature2` branch, so anyone on Insider builds, I have no idea how well it works. The last time I turned on a Windows Phone was the last time I submitted a release to the store.

Sorry :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
aww :(

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Yeah, I had tried to reset the app but it didn't help. I was using the release version before trying the beta app and, despite never having used it before, the beta still had the exact same problem.

Then, I just got a Fast Ring update and both apps are working now. :iiam: More than likely, something in the last Fast Ring build caused the apps to break.

I guess that means I can hold onto my 950XL for a little longer until something comes along that meets my requirements. (Android, high end specs, IP67, Qi charging, preferably not a Samsung)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Drastic Actions posted:

IMO your best bet would be "reset" the app (Apps and Features, Awful, Advance Options, Reset), to clear out the cache, as it's probably related to the database, forums cookie, or both. Or uninstall and reinstall.

Looking at Mobile Center, there are 100 people using it. 15 of them are on mobile. I haven't checked the `feature2` branch, so anyone on Insider builds, I have no idea how well it works. The last time I turned on a Windows Phone was the last time I submitted a release to the store.

Sorry :(

As one of the, apparently, last 15 people hanging on for a bit yet; thanks for your efforts! I think we all wish Microsoft could have done a better job of all this, but at least we could read SA in comfort for several years :)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Firefox has recently hosed up touch support beyond any usability, so I'm giving this thing a shot. It's been pretty nice so far.

Two little things that aren't working as I expect them to. First is links under a spoiler. Click the spoiler, you automatically go to the link. Ideally the first action upon tapping the spoiler, would always be to show the text below. As no real mouseover action exists in touch to check otherwise. Second is that when in bookmarks (probably elsewhere too) it shows, say 10 unread posts. I tap the thread and five of the posts are at the end of the page. The unread post counter updates to five. However, when I tap the thread again, it doesn't bring me to the five remaining posts on the new page, but to the top of the same page that I've already seen. I should, of course, be using the fast forward button on the page navigator instead as that absolutely works, but it seemed inconsitent that tapping the thread wouldn't do the same in that situation.

I've got the occasional picture being replaced with a picture missing placeholder icon, but I haven't tracked down if it's related to a specific image host yet. It's not happening often. EDIT: Those appear to be images hosted on the forum's servers.

I've had to reset a couple of times with a problem that was mentioned earlier, where you get a message every time you refresh the bookmarks that was speculated to be related to the app not being able to write somewhere. I don't know.

Over all very happy it exists though and thanks for all your hard work.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Running on a surface pro 4 I'm getting an error "failed to parse user" every time I try to login.

• Locked thread