Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

parque bynch posted:

Just like the Talent Show in the movie.

Yep, its such an 80s detail. More than a few school functions I remember having that as a light up billboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'm old enough to take a big fat sheet on your face

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
When you reach a certain age, you become able to take shits on the faces of other men.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Just starting this, only two episodes in. I love Paul Rudd and the fact he can still flawlessly do that arrogant, douche bag, mouth half open face. He picked the character right back up again. I also love that Bradley Cooper came back.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

KilGrey posted:

Just starting this, only two episodes in. I love Paul Rudd and the fact he can still flawlessly do that arrogant, douche bag, mouth half open face. He picked the character right back up again. I also love that Bradley Cooper came back.

Watch Hurricane of Fun(also on Netflix) if you haven't yet and watch Bradley Cooper on there and you'll quickly understand why he was so willing to come back. Also bring a poncho because there's a tiny bit of rain.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012
I really liked this reboot. I have no complaints. I thought it was hilarious and a great watch.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Doesn't he know that corndogs and caviar don't mix?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Everybody give Burning Love a shot if you haven't heard of it. I just found it on Hulu and it's Ken Marino, Michael Ian Black, and a ton of very funny character actresses doing a fake The Bachelor type show. it aired on E! which explains why I never heard of it.

Anyways it's no WHAS but I love those two actors and a lot of Party Down cast is in there as well. it's 3 seasons and they build on previous seasons while coming up with ridiculous ways to keep the first season cast around.
I think my favorite thing is the Comedy Central Stella episodes but the webseries Wainy Days is pretty good too. I guess that WHAS is really just a cult classic but it still seems to have hit way bigger than anything else Wain has done.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah both Stella and Wainy Days are fully backed. Stella is just so divisive amongst people I've shown it to, but I think it's absolutely hilarious. I never got around to watching the live show, I should rectify that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I've only watched some non-CC Stella stuff that I found on youtube, but they seem to lean way harder into vulgarity and dildo jokes that are sometimes funny but the TV episodes are much better off by forcing them to focus on actual funny jokes.

Merry Christmas all

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
http://www.hitfix.com/news/wet-hot-american-summer-is-returning-to-netflix-10-years-later

I may have screamed.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

I took your mama's pancake titties out my mouth just long enough to gasp in delight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fantastic, but I hope they can pull off being older now :ohdear:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really hope they gimmick the age somehow. Like try and look the same age as they did in the prequel series again.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
As exciting as this news is, we'll have to wait and see who it will go. Part of the humor of "First Day of Camp" is that they are all obviously older (and much fatter, for some) so them all playing 18 year-olds is funny when they don't acknowledge it. Like, do you start with everyone saying "drat Coop, you are fat as hell!" or do you continue to not acknowledge it?
Also this series would have to take place at the camp, right? I can't imagine it being half as good if it's just "Here are these characters 10 years later doing stuff". My money is that they come back together for a camp reunion and get sucked into a "bad people trying to shut down the camp/let's save the camp" story line.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

King of Foolians posted:

As exciting as this news is, we'll have to wait and see who it will go. Part of the humor of "First Day of Camp" is that they are all obviously older (and much fatter, for some) so them all playing 18 year-olds is funny when they don't acknowledge it. Like, do you start with everyone saying "drat Coop, you are fat as hell!" or do you continue to not acknowledge it?
You just don't acknowledge it and pretend like they're all in their late twenties now. The movie did the same thing with having 30 year olds play 16 and hardly even referencing it. It's not like that's the entire premise of WHAS.

King of Foolians posted:

Also this series would have to take place at the camp, right? I can't imagine it being half as good if it's just "Here are these characters 10 years later doing stuff". My money is that they come back together for a camp reunion and get sucked into a "bad people trying to shut down the camp/let's save the camp" story line.
I would assume so. The storylines in the movie and series have been so farcical that they could get away with doing whatever loose storyline they wanted to make a funny series.

I took the "wait and see" approach to the Prequel series because it had been so long after the movie, and nearly every comeback series or movie fails to capture what made the original so great. But Showalter/Wain already proved themselves with First Day of Camp in my opinion. I can't wait.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I hope this time it's a gruesome murder mystery and you have to figure out which one of the main characters has snapped over the intervening 10 years.

They have said that Sleepaway Camp inspired the half-shirts, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Almost every outfit is lifted from Sleepaway Camp or Meatballs

• Locked thread