Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jerry Lynn's health is in a real bad way

quote:

After a 25-year career in professional wrestling, our good friend Jerry Lynn needs our help. All of the years of taking bumps have paid a toll on his body and, after consulting his physician, he is in need of several procedures.

Jerry has been experiencing chronic neck pain as well as pain in his right arm and numbness. The first procedure will be neck surgery to remove bones spurs, replace three degenerative discs, and fuse his vertebrae. He will be having this procedure done on Thursday, August 6.

Jerry has also been suffering with severe pain in his back for the last three months due to a bulging disc. He will likely need surgery for this as well, and he hopes to have that done as soon as possible following his neck surgery.

Jerry does have medical insurance, but he needs help in paying the $5,000 deductible. Plus, he will be out of work recovering for 2-3 months, which will put a hardship on his family, including his wife and young daughter.

It'd be cool if we helped, I think. Jerry's a class act, a good wrestler, and decent human being in a sea of slime. http://www.gofundme.com/helpjerrylynn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think it is pretty cool that he has said anything they raise over the 15k they're asking goes to charity.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I donated money to him because I thought he was Randy the Ram and when I found out he wasn't I would have felt really bad for taking it back.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I think it is pretty cool that he has said anything they raise over the 15k they're asking goes to charity.

Which is exactly why I had zero issue donating. This isn't a con, or least I don't think it is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In going down the list, I found Lita, Austin Aries, Mick Foley, and possibly Christopher Daniels, assuming it's the Christopher Daniels. And of all people. Bob Ryder. :stare:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In going down the list, I found Lita, Austin Aries, Mick Foley, and possibly Christopher Daniels, assuming it's the Christopher Daniels. And of all people. Bob Ryder. :stare:

Mike Johnson's on there too.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
$8K in a day. Now would someone in the business who makes $7K in t-shirt sales a day kindly donate the rest? That would be cool.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Jerry must be pretty drat stoked at this point.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Adam Cole is on there under his real name.

And when noted rear end in a top hat Austin Aries donates $500, you have to be a pretty standup guy, so I don't have any issue donating.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

MacDougall posted:

Jerry must be pretty drat stoked at this point.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nearly $10 already, wasn't expecting that

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Between Jake Roberts and Jerry Lynn it's a real testament to how long the memories of wrestling fans are and how dedicated they are. I doubt some 80s rock star or 90s B-movie actor would ever get this kind of fan support.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Between Jake Roberts and Jerry Lynn it's a real testament to how long the memories of wrestling fans are and how dedicated they are. I doubt some 80s rock star or 90s B-movie actor would ever get this kind of fan support.

People would totally get the singer of Jackyl through rehab or buy more steroids for Reb Brown.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Question: Would running the ropes incorrectly lead to chronic neck pain as well as pain in your right arm and numbness later in life?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Question: Would running the ropes incorrectly lead to chronic neck pain as well as pain in your right arm and numbness later in life?

I mean, one of the most common injuries in running the ropes is breaking your nose, so maybe?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

rovert posted:

RIP Kelly Kelly and also Bryan Alvarez's cat. :(

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

So the funding goal was met and it looks like the donation that pushed it over was a $2000 one from Chris Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Love this man. He went out of his way to converse with me at the Cleveland Hardcore Homecoming show and we spent a good half hour talking about carnytalk, changes in the business, being a fan versus being a wrestler versus a promoter, his future plans, his thoughts on training guys, etc. He even offered to hook me up with a ride to and from the next show in Pittsburgh if I wanted to go. Just a class act and a humble, good guy, and I'm so happy to see that he'll be taken care of here.

• Locked thread