Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

"feetnotes" posted:

I actually don't know if I'm supposed to have sympathy for any of the characters at this point. Except the mystery boys, who no longer exist.
Maybe Mildred?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess it's one of those things where every story becomes a tragedy after going on for long enough. Happy couples being cutesy with eachother isn't the John Allison style.
But what about Hugo and Marg...
Oooooh, nooooooooo! The man cannot be stopped.

Seriously speaking a moment, I hope Amy and Ryan'll continue to be alright as long as he's writing them.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Wrist Watch posted:

The latest post on prequel from two years ago currently has 40,000 disqus comments and is still going strong with people patiently waiting for the update, defending the author for the hiatus, and arguing about whether it's still fine to be making flash animations in 2017.

You'd think they would have learned after homestuck.

Guess not.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Pavlov posted:

You'd think they would have learned after homestuck.

Guess not.

I mean Homestuck finished, so there's that. Prequel is pretty impressive as far as dead-as-gently caress webcomics go.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Wasn't it a big disappointment or something? I dunno I gave up on it way before that.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

No idea, I never finished it. But it did have an ending.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Bell_ posted:

But what about Hugo and Marg...
Oooooh, nooooooooo! The man cannot be stopped.

Seriously speaking a moment, I hope Amy and Ryan'll continue to be alright as long as he's writing them.

They'll be safe so long as they're not the focal characters of an arc. It'd start out nice with them getting their kid ready for its first day of school, and then end with one of them dropping the other into a pool of lava while in the background robot kill-o-trons begin their total destruction of mankind and a newspaper blown by the wind has a picture of Desmond on it.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Wasn't it a big disappointment or something? I dunno I gave up on it way before that.

It was as much a disappointment as most of the rest of Act 6 was, compounded by multiple months-long hiatuses, and the promise of an epilogue that is still forthcoming (maybe).

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
At least half of what made it great in the first place was the crazy pace of updates facilitated by Hussie not being a starving artist attempting to make the thing in his spare time outside of holding down a 9-5.

What I'm saying is vote Full Communism Now for more and better Homestuck experiences! :ussr:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I've heard the game that finally came out (or at least the first "part") is actually decent though.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Renaissance Robot posted:

At least half of what made it great in the first place was the crazy pace of updates facilitated by Hussie not being a starving artist attempting to make the thing in his spare time outside of holding down a 9-5.

What I'm saying is vote Full Communism Now for more and better Homestuck experiences! :ussr:
It's a thought. Or I could log into Patreon and continue giving Operant my money. I'm already getting a better Homestuck Experience.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, it's funny that people mention the Homestuck thing because the Homestuck game just came out. The one that was delayed for years because the previous devs pretty much just straight up stole the money. That's a bit different than taking three years to draw a picture of a sad cat for people to jack off to.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

That's a bit different than taking three years to draw a picture of a sad cat for people to jack off to.

hiveswap is just episode one of eight , give the writing team time

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I wound up rereading all of Nedroid after finding out there'd been a couple of new comics.

It never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Hey, folks. This thread is about two years old now, so it feels like it's time for a refresh. The new thread may be found here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834475

• Locked thread