Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Rey/Miztezyz was alright. Cage/Patron was annoying. Everything else was pretty rancid except for the opener apparently (I missed it), there were near-constant issues with the English commentary audio, and when you could in fact hear it, it was often unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

minoru suzuki posted:

this show sounds like it was real bad

It was likely the worst wrestling PPV of the year

Still probably not as bad as the last TripleMania, which says a lot

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
It was pretty drat bad. I enjoyed the main event though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I only caught the main and the Alberto match. Rey/Myzititztizizizzi was great, the Alberto match was okay. I heard the rest of the PPV was the shits.

Chris James 2 posted:

It was likely the worst wrestling PPV of the year

Still probably not as bad as the last TripleMania, which says a lot

I think TNA had clearance somewhere

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I only caught the main and the Alberto match. Rey/Myzititztizizizzi was great, the Alberto match was okay. I heard the rest of the PPV was the shits.

I think TNA had clearance somewhere

TNA only had 10 (uninterrupted) minutes of technical difficulties on their PPV

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Was the crowd just dead most of the night or could you not hear them cause of the audio issues? I felt a lot of times that the whole show just felt lifeless cause I couldn't really hear the ring or the crowd or anything.

Keee-rist, what a poo poo show. I have a few non-fan friends who've gotten a kick out of coming over for "Japanese wrestling night" and the like, I thought a Mexican Wrestling Night might be fun. Should have gone with my first instinct and just shown Ultima Lucha.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Yikes I feel bad for anyone who advocated for someone to watch that shitshow as their first Mexican wrestling event

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

After all the positive feelings I had coming out of Ultima Lucha, seeing this show was a real disappointment even outside of the giant technical issues. The Rey/Mysteziz match was definitely the top match of the night, and I dig the mask vs mask challenge even if the beatdown section after the match was incredibly convoluted. But I don't think I'll be buying the next one, just keeping an eye out for the results and watching any matches later that get a lot of buzz.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I got tied up and didn't get a chance to watch this last night.

am I going to regret ordering adn DVRing it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

After all the positive feelings I had coming out of Ultima Lucha, seeing this show was a real disappointment even outside of the giant technical issues. The Rey/Mysteziz match was definitely the top match of the night, and I dig the mask vs mask challenge even if the beatdown section after the match was incredibly convoluted. But I don't think I'll be buying the next one, just keeping an eye out for the results and watching any matches later that get a lot of buzz.

Yeah, I hated this show less than most but it'll still be while before I give AAA my money/

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ayn rand hand job posted:

"it stinks" --the critic

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

Was the crowd just dead most of the night or could you not hear them cause of the audio issues? I felt a lot of times that the whole show just felt lifeless cause I couldn't really hear the ring or the crowd or anything.

Keee-rist, what a poo poo show. I have a few non-fan friends who've gotten a kick out of coming over for "Japanese wrestling night" and the like, I thought a Mexican Wrestling Night might be fun. Should have gone with my first instinct and just shown Ultima Lucha.

Crowd was super hot for just about everything all night you just couldn't hear them

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

oatgan posted:

Crowd was super hot for just about everything all night you just couldn't hear them

this is pretty much every Lucha show

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ayn rand hand job posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QV1RGMLUKE

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
That was hard to watch but psycho clown was rocking a Gama Bomb shirt (Irish thrash metal band) so I guess me and him are cool.

This show really demonstrated to me how good the Lucha Underground format is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is AAA always this bad or was this an aberration

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

triplexpac posted:

Is AAA always this bad or was this an aberration

I'm not much of an AAA fan but while the overbooking, annoying rudo ref poo poo, overuse of weapons and tables and interference from seconds are constants, the average episode of their TV is usually significantly better than this.

If the trios title match had delivered (which it likely would have if they hadn't taken the moronic move of putting it in a cage) and the production issues hadn't been so bad I think it would've been at least a decent show.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 10, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Just to verify I wasn't full of poo poo I watched the most recent episode of Sin Limite on AAA's YouTube channel and yeah it completely blows away Triplemania as a top to bottom show. The main event is pretty drat great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE7f8dHRDlI

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/triplemana-xxiii-postmortem

Court Bauer has a quick 7 and a half minute podcast apologizing for TripleMania.

Just started listening, but it took me a second to realize that "Konnan is in Bolivia" wasn't a euphemism.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Thauros posted:

"Konnan is in Bolivia"

Trying to hide from angry cartel members wanting to get their Triplemania money back or trying find new, different things to smoke?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Bolivian Tobacco is comparable to Iranian.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thauros posted:

http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/triplemana-xxiii-postmortem

Court Bauer has a quick 7 and a half minute podcast apologizing for TripleMania.

Just started listening, but it took me a second to realize that "Konnan is in Bolivia" wasn't a euphemism.
Better than the typical iPPV disaster response.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I watched this PPV hoping to get a fix from the lack of LU. Now I'm gay.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Enjoyed Bryan and Vinny's review.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

On the Bauer & Pollock show, Court Bauer said TripleMania PPV buys “exceeded all expectations, before refunds”, topping recent TNA & ROH shows and close to what the NJPW Tokyo Dome show drew (which Bauer was surprised by.) He didn’t give a number of what they did, but said expectations were 1,500-2000 given the visibility of AAA in US/Canada. They have no info on how many refunds yet, and he fully expects there to be a massive amount. Bauer says it’s possible they might do an AAA US PPV again, but it’s not likely in the near future – they’re not going to do it without everyone sure production will go perfectly and they have a great card. Bauer specifically said Heroes Inmortales will not be a PPV (though he believes that’ll have a better card than TripleMania) and it generally came off like we should not be holding our breath for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I would much prefer another debacle like Triplemania, because my god was it fun to see how bad it could possibly get.

• Locked thread